PDA

View Full Version : The American boy arrested for making a clock meets Sudan’s president, an accused war criminal

timosman
10-18-2015, 05:58 PM
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/worldviews/wp/2015/10/16/the-american-boy-arrested-for-making-a-radio-meets-sudans-president-an-accused-war-criminal/?wpmm=1&wpisrc=nl_headlines

The arrest of Ahmed Mohamed, a 14-year-old Texas student, in mid-September for bringing a homemade clock to his high school created a nationwide debate about racism and Islamophobia in the United States. Despite facing a wave of ugly criticism, Ahmed won support from high places — President Obama tweeted his support, and the teenager is expected to be a guest at the White House this weekend.

Ahead of that that visit, Ahmed has met with another president. This meeting is a little bit more surprising.

According to the Sudan Tribune, Ahmed met with Sudanese President Omar Hassan al-Bashir in Khartoum on Wednesday evening. The Paris-based Web site reports that the teenager told reporters that he was "extremely delighted" to meet Bashir and hoped to return to visit the Sudanese president again “with a new invention and success.”

At first glance, perhaps Ahmed's journey to Bashir's presidential compound isn't so strange. The teenager has met with a variety of big names over the past few weeks. Besides, his family are Sudanese immigrants: On his Twitter account, Ahmed posted a number of images that described his visit to Sudan as a type of homecoming:
However, Bashir is no ordinary world leader. He has an outstanding arrest warrant from the International Criminal Court, for example, for allegedly orchestrating genocide, crimes against humanity and war crimes in Darfur. The country he leads is under a variety of U.S. sanctions. His government harbored Osama bin Laden for five years in the 1990s. A leaked U.S. diplomatic cable published by WikiLeaks even suggested he may have secretly stolen $9 billion in oil money.

To make it even more remarkable, Ahmed's father, Mohamed Elhassan Mohamed, has campaigned against Bashir in not one but two presidential elections. After he was blocked from appearing on the ballot in 2010, the father complained that Bashir had personally blocked his name from the ballot. "I was told that Bashir personally intervened with the [appeals] court to reject my challenge," Mohamed Elhassan Mohamed reportedly told the Sudan Tribune.

He ran for office again this past February, proposing an improvement in relations with the United States and promising to deal with religious extremism. In an interview with the Daily Mail last month, Mohamed Elhassan Mohamed's elder brother Aldean criticized Bashir and said the elections were not fair. "The government said Mohamed came fourth in 2015 but the elections are rigged, the whole international community know that," Aldean said. "Al-Bashir steals all the votes."

There appeared to be little sign of this animosity on Wednesday. The Sudan Tribune reported that Mohamed Elhassan Mohamed attended the meeting and told reporters he hoped that talented young people would “write a new [chapter in] history for an advanced and developed Sudan."

Chomp
10-18-2015, 07:15 PM
America is no longer free with "Islamophobia and Homophobia".

alucard13mm
10-18-2015, 11:46 PM
America is no longer free with "Islamophobia and Homophobia".

I am just waiting for the clash between Islam and Homosexuality/Transgender... It will happen sooner or later.

luctor-et-emergo
10-19-2015, 02:01 AM
I am just waiting for the clash between Islam and Homosexuality/Transgender... It will happen sooner or later.

You'll be amazed to hear that Islamic cultures generally have a (bigger) problem with homosexuality but not so much with transgender issues. At least, in Iran for instance, homosexuals get severe punishment or execution but transgender individuals get gender reassignment surgery.

So homosexuality, clash. Transgender, maybe not so much.

alucard13mm
10-19-2015, 02:38 AM
You'll be amazed to hear that Islamic cultures generally have a (bigger) problem with homosexuality but not so much with transgender issues. At least, in Iran for instance, homosexuals get severe punishment or execution but transgender individuals get gender reassignment surgery.

Although I do have a question. If homosexuality is frown upon in Islam, how come boy-sex is okay and part of the afghan culture, which is predominatly muslim. For example, Afghan officers owning boys as sex slaves on US military bases.

Valli6
10-19-2015, 08:21 AM
President Obama tweeted his support, and the teenager is expected to be a guest at the White House this weekend.

Amed Mohamad went to the White House this weekend? Has anyone seen any coverage of it? :confused: I haven't.

specsaregood
10-19-2015, 08:33 AM
Although I do have a question. If homosexuality is frown upon in Islam, how come boy-sex is okay and part of the afghan culture, which is predominatly muslim. For example, Afghan officers owning boys as sex slaves on US military bases.

The bacha boys thing isn't a muslim custom, it is a afghani tribal custom, the Taliban (muslims) stamped it out. After we removed them, the custom returned among some tribal groups.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bacha_bazi

ZENemy
10-19-2015, 09:05 AM
The united States federal government just bombed a hospital and kills randomly with drones.

Anti Federalist
10-19-2015, 12:35 PM
Strength through Diversity.

jmdrake
10-19-2015, 12:42 PM

The Taliban put an end to that practice. After we threw them out the practice returned. Yayyyy free-dumb! The Taliban also destroyed opium production as un-Islamic. Now U.S. soldiers protect opium crops. Yaaaayyyy free-dumb!

jmdrake
10-19-2015, 12:43 PM
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/worldviews/wp/2015/10/16/the-american-boy-arrested-for-making-a-radio-meets-sudans-president-an-accused-war-criminal/?wpmm=1&wpisrc=nl_headlines

This evil Islamic boy genius it taking the plans for a doomsday clock to an Islamic war criminal! Quick! Duck and cover!

timosman
10-19-2015, 04:30 PM
http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2015/10/19/white-house-distances-obama-from-clock-kid-ahmed-mohamed/

It appears that President Obama may not meet personally with Texas student Ahmed Mohamed at tonight’s Astronomy Night at the White House, according to White House aides.

“I don’t believe that the president will have the opportunity to meet with meet one-on-one with Ahmed Mohamed,” Earnest confirmed during the White House press breifing. He explained to reporters that there would be “several hundred” students and teachers and scientists attending the event.

Mohamed still plans to join the group of children who attend the evening event, but he might not end up with a photograph with the president. Obama is expected to deliver remarks at the event, but will not likely remain for the duration of the event.

In September, Obama praised Ahmed after he was arrested at at Texas school, although it is unclear whether he saw pictures of the suspicious looking device placed in a pencil case before he posted a supportive message on Twitter.
It is now unclear, however, whether or not Mohamed will even bring the clock with him during his visit.
According to an interview with Yahoo News on Monday, Mohamed admitted that he did not bring the device with him to Washington D.C.

Earnest was hesitant to confirm whether or not Mohamed was advised about the “clock,” telling reporters he was unaware of communications with White House staff about what he could bring.

“I’m not aware of his plans to bring the clock,” Earnest said, but assured reporters that Mohamed would go through the normal security procedures.

“I’m confident that Ahmed, like everyone else who attends astronomy night will go through the security measures and screening measures that are necessary to ensure the safety of the president, the White House, and everybody else who’s participating in astronomy night,” Earnest said.

As of Monday, however, the Mohamad appeared excited that he would meet the president personally at the White House. “I really wanted to meet the president sometime in my life,” he said to Yahoo News. “I just didn’t know it would be this early.”

He also expressed his desire to talk to Obama about discrimination in America.

“I’m going to talk to him about, like, how hard it is growing up in America,” he said. “It was pretty hard living in America and going to school being Muslim.”

liveandletlive
10-19-2015, 06:30 PM

because gay =/= pedophilia

Zippyjuan
10-19-2015, 06:49 PM
Just curious. Why should we care about what this boy does? Is he running for president?

alucard13mm
10-19-2015, 06:53 PM
The bacha boys thing isn't a muslim custom, it is a afghani tribal custom, the Taliban (muslims) stamped it out. After we removed them, the custom returned among some tribal groups.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bacha_bazi

Ah, thanks for clearing that up :p

timosman
10-19-2015, 07:27 PM
Just curious. Why should we care about what this boy does? Is he running for president?

This is strange. You had no reservations discussing him earlier - http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?482483-Muslim-Kid-Clock-Hoax

Contumacious
10-19-2015, 08:20 PM

George Bush and Barrack Obama are also accused war criminals.

timosman
10-25-2015, 06:46 PM
https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/style/clock-kid-ahmed-mohamed-and-his-family-will-move-to-qatar/2015/10/20/a95ed296-7762-11e5-b9c1-f03c48c96ac2_story.html
http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/03477/Ahmed_Mohamed_and__3477306b.jpg

Less than 24 hours after Ahmed Mohamed met President Obama, his family decided it’s time to leave America for good.

The 14-year-old Texas boy who was arrested for bringing to school a homemade clock that authorities said resembled a bomb will soon be living in Qatar.

“After careful consideration of all the generous offers received, we would like to announce that we have accepted a kind offer from Qatar Foundation for Education, Science and Community Development (QF) for Ahmed to join the prestigious QF Young Innovators Program, which reflects the organization’s on-going dedication to empowering young people and fostering a culture of innovation and creativity,” the family said in a news release Tuesday.

Anthony Bond, a close family friend and the founder of the Irving, Texas, chapter of the NAACP said the family made the decision to leave the U.S. within the past 24 hours. They have spent those hours in Washington, where Ahmed has been on a mini-press tour in anticipation of his visit to the White House.

Danke
10-25-2015, 07:03 PM
We will miss such a talented clockmaker.

Cissy
10-25-2015, 07:16 PM

The "logic" goes that since the "man" is inserting his genitals into the boy's anus (or girl's or woman's vagina) that the act is "manly"

Being on the "receiving" end (like a girl/woman) = shameful. Being on the "giving" end = manly.

Therefore, in their eyes, two grown men participating in the act is horrific. A man and his wife female slave,, boy slave or girl slave, not so much. That is why some of the boys go on to buy boys of their own. To regain "honor".

timosman
10-25-2015, 07:17 PM
We will miss such a talented clockmaker.

http://i0.wp.com/turtleboysports.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/ahmed-mohamed-muslim-clock-bomb-boy-hoax-scam-jihad-obama.jpg (http://turtleboysports.com/ahmed-mohamed-never-built-a-clock-and-anyone-who-believes-he-wasnt-trying-to-scare-his-teachers-with-a-bomb-is-a-moron/)

Origanalist
10-25-2015, 07:19 PM

I feel better knowing this.

Origanalist
10-25-2015, 07:21 PM
Strength through Diversity.

Diversity is our strength!

Zippyjuan
10-25-2015, 07:45 PM
This is strange. You had no reservations discussing him earlier - http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?482483-Muslim-Kid-Clock-Hoax

There too I was trying to point out how silly and over-hyped the thing is.

idiom
10-26-2015, 03:34 AM
George Bush and Barrack Obama are also accused war criminals.

I love that term.

There aren't exactly a lot of convicted war criminals walking around.