PDA

View Full Version : can a U.S. Citisen living in the U.S.V.I. donate?

Cindy
12-06-2007, 12:10 PM
I use to live in the United States Virgin Islands and have a friend from there who would like to doante to Pauls campaigm, yet niether of us are sure if she can or not.

It's a territory of the U.S. that does not pay Federal income taxes and they are not allowed to vote in Presidential elections.

Does anyone know for sure what the law is on Presidential campaign donations for residents who are U.S. citisens living the U.S.V.I.

If you have a link that would be great.

hillertexas
12-06-2007, 12:12 PM
bump

steph3n
12-06-2007, 12:13 PM
a us citizen living anywhere can give as long as they are a citizen :D

sparebulb
12-06-2007, 12:14 PM
If you are a US citizen, you can donate up to the max $2300 per person even if you live on Mars.

Channing
12-06-2007, 12:14 PM
Yes, as a US citizen you can donate regardless where you live.

You can even donate if you are not a US citizen if you are a legal resident of the US.

RonPaulCult
12-06-2007, 12:28 PM
Yup tell your friend to donate away

Cindy
12-06-2007, 12:53 PM
Thanks you all. I told her donate away. I also sent her bumper stickers and lit, the other day to show the touristas and snow birds the support paul has in the U.S.V.I.

Knowing they can donate, she may be able to get other down there to donate also, even if they cannot vote.

Thanks again for the confirmation. This thread can die now.

steph3n
12-06-2007, 12:57 PM
Thanks you all. I told her donate away. I also sent her bumper stickers and lit, the other day to show the touristas and snow birds the support paul has in the U.S.V.I.

Knowing they can donate, she may be able to get other down there to donate also, even if they cannot vote.

Thanks again for the confirmation. This thread can die now.

Being a US Citizen she can donate, and the VI DO SELECT delegates for primaries i am reading that on some news articles anyway.

Mental Dribble
12-06-2007, 01:01 PM
I use to live down in VI, I just moved back recently actually.

Thats great there are other USVI supporters! What island where you on?

Cindy
12-06-2007, 01:05 PM
East End St. Thomas. Good times. I love it there!!!

bbachtung
12-06-2007, 01:08 PM
Not just U.S. Citizens, either; green card holders are considered legal residents and eligible to contribute to federal candidates per the FEC.

Cindy
12-06-2007, 01:11 PM
Not just U.S. Citizens, either; green card holders are considered legal residents and eligible to contribute to federal candidates per the FEC.

Thats good to know. Thanks for adding it here!

Mental Dribble
12-06-2007, 01:11 PM
Awesome, I was on the North Side.... I am going back in Feb for 8 tuff miles on St. John.

Cindy
12-06-2007, 01:23 PM
Awesome, I was on the North Side.... I am going back in Feb for 8 tuff miles on St. John.

Bring your Ron Paul T-Shirts and slap some bumper stickers on your luggage!!!If you see touristas taking pictures, run in the back ground with your RP shirt on. lol

Ron Paul is Everywhere!!!!!

PrimarilyPaul
12-06-2007, 01:44 PM
Yes. And more importantly you can vote in the Republican primary. You can't vote for the president but you can vote for the nomination of Ron Paul for th GOP. http://www.primarilypaul.com/register/

Matt Collins
12-06-2007, 10:21 PM
Which island? Does this person have a spare room?

libertarian4321
12-06-2007, 10:25 PM
Bring your Ron Paul T-Shirts and slap some bumper stickers on your luggage!!!If you see touristas taking pictures, run in the back ground with your RP shirt on. lol

I'm taking a cruise that will stop in the USVI next week- I'll be wearing Ron Paul gear, of course!

Ginobili
12-06-2007, 10:27 PM
Cindy... is that near Red Hook?

Cindy
12-06-2007, 10:30 PM
Yes. And more importantly you can vote in the Republican primary. You can't vote for the president but you can vote for the nomination of Ron Paul for th GOP. http://www.primarilypaul.com/register/

What a score! Thank you. I sent the link off to her.

Matt, she has no spare room. Don't let that stop you from finding a way to get down there though. :)

libertarian4321
12-06-2007, 10:30 PM

Thats a good idea- since most bags tend to look the same these days, a Ron Paul bumper sticker will make my bags stand out at the airport.