PDA

View Full Version : Why is Mitt Romney still ahead in NH?? We need Dr Paul to push to No.1!

Wingman
12-06-2007, 12:02 PM
Stupid polls still show Romney at 37% and Dr Paul only at 8% :/
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/story/2007/12/05/ST2007120500052.html

I think Romney is ahead mainly because he has a lot of wall street credibility (he is a billionaire (?) and started Bain & Co's VC arm)

How are we going to win NH unless we reel this guy in or catch up to him?
Are we sure there are enough voters whom we can reach who are disaffected republicans who have given up on voting? (i hear its the current target demographic of the ron paul online campaign)

We must do everything to win NH.

Romney is just an airhead pouffe politican - everyone knows this. Even Romney. He doesnt have any principles and if he becomes president we will get abother 10 years of fluff = death and despair for millions in the world - including Americans.

Do we really have a wining strategy in NH?

edit: Guys -- its great to have online enthusiasm and so forth. And it fun tohave the movement. But its no use if your candidate doesnt win.
edit: thanks for providing guidance and feedback below. If we can saturate later and if the polls ar ebiased then yes we can catch em lead candidates (!) Go RP !

Cunningham
12-06-2007, 12:09 PM
You've got five posts. If your actually interested in the campaign there are plenty of links on this site to read through and learn whats going on. If you're from another campaign trolling, then you really need to read up on whats going on here, get informed and get on board because.... we're about to roll these other canidates in a month or so and we'd hate for you to be on the losing side. :D

Green Mountain Boy
12-06-2007, 12:09 PM
I don't know what's going on with the campaign commercials there. I'm in Boston so I see all the candidates' commercials on the main networks that reach NH - ABC, CBS, NBC.

I had the tv on last night during Jeopardy and I saw spots for Giuliani, McCain, Romney, Clinton, Obama and Edwards. None for Ron Paul. The airwaves are absolutely saturated. How is it that Mccain's putting out all these prime-time ads with no money and Ron Paul cannot with $11 million dollars???

ItsTime
12-06-2007, 12:11 PM
I see a lot of Ron Paul on NBC prime time.

I don't know what's going on with the campaign commercials there. I'm in Boston so I see all the candidates' commercials on the main networks that reach NH - ABC, CBS, NBC.

I had the tv on last night during Jeopardy and I saw spots for Giuliani, McCain, Romney, Clinton, Obama and Edwards. None for Ron Paul. The airwaves are absolutely saturated. How is it that Mccain's putting out all these prime-time ads with no money and Ron Paul cannot with $11 million dollars???

ItsTime
12-06-2007, 12:13 PM
Romneys real numbers from that poll

Definitely -Chance change mind - No
support NET Good Unlikely opinion
Mitt Romney 30 64 31 33 6

64% may change their minds about voting for him.

Wingman
12-06-2007, 12:15 PM

That's exactly what I mean. I'm worried that we will end up with a poor showing NH and look at our pile of money and wonder how we lost.

I suspect Dr Paul's campaign managers have studied the situation and feel that they hve spent as much as they can in NH to get as much support as they can.

This means they feel we have hit a ceiling on the support the current strategy is reaching for.

That means we must change the strategy. We must plan to win. Not just plan to agitate and have fun.

what can we do.. fine we can go out and campaign but we need to focus our efforts on a winning strategy.

anyway thats my 2 cents worth.

edit: As for Cunningham's response above. Ah.. I'm glad someone knows theres a deeper startegy to topple the lead candidates i a months time. Hope someone can summarise briefly but ya I'll go take a look at the forums again.

1town
12-06-2007, 12:16 PM
Speaking of Romney, anyone see that horrible speech of his, pandering to the christian right?

pdavis
12-06-2007, 12:17 PM

Maybe because they don't want saturate the airwaves too early and end up peaking in the polls too early (open for attack ads). I guarantee you will see the campaign will flood the airwaves, newspapers, and mailboxes with campaign ads and materials during the holidays.

Mark Rushmore
12-06-2007, 12:21 PM
I hope the materials they use for this flood (ads, print, etc) are upgraded from the past ones. I'm inclined to take seriously the advice of the Murphy's Taproom owner.

Green Mountain Boy
12-06-2007, 12:23 PM
I hope the materials they use for this flood (ads, print, etc) are upgraded from the past ones. I'm inclined to take seriously the advice of the Murphy's Taproom owner.

What was his advice?

AgentPaul001
12-06-2007, 12:27 PM
Keep in mind the campaign has stated NUMEROUS TIMES that the majority of Prime Time advertising had already been purchased WAY in advance by other campaigns. The Paul campaign won't go into debt, so while they have a lot of cash now its a matter of finding ways to spend it.

Hence why the Tea Party cash won't be much use in New Hampshire and Iowa, but should come in handy for states like Michigan/Nevada and hopefully South Carolina.

AtomiC
12-06-2007, 12:30 PM
You can't take these landline polls too seriously. As you can see online, Ron Paul has the most support by FAR and probably even on the streets.

Most people do not even use home phones anymore and instead use their cell phone or internet to poll.

BillyBeer
12-06-2007, 12:34 PM
Howard Dean was ahead in NH at this time in 03. We know how that turned out.

azminuteman
12-06-2007, 12:38 PM
According to Rasmussen (the firm that the CCM uses) there is 19% unaccounted for.
Huckabee 21%
Giuliani 18%
Romney 12%
Thompson 11%
McCain 11%
Paul 8%

So is there that much split between Hunter, Tancredo, Keyes or is it inclusive of undecided too?
Also, with Pauls omission from the phone polls, does that 19% include him in that too?

theodorelogan
12-06-2007, 12:38 PM
Romney is going to take a huge hit in the polls after Iowa when people see he is buying his poll numbers.

RonPaulFTFW
12-06-2007, 12:39 PM
http://www.operationlivefreeordie.com/volunteer.html

I just did.

And keep in mind the paul campaign is trying to organize and spend money all at once.