PDA

View Full Version : Does Boston need a PAC for the 16th? NEED AN ANSWER ASAP!

Sematary
12-06-2007, 11:59 AM
Ok, I got the question from the organizer who wanted to know if they need a PAC for the event in Boston.
My response (and he agrees but wants to be sure) is that since the event is NOT a campaign event but is, in fact, an event to commemorate the Boston Tea Party, they do not need a PAC for the money they've raised.

Does that sound right?

Sematary
12-06-2007, 12:28 PM
anyone?

ItsTime
12-06-2007, 12:31 PM
They were raising it for a tea party right not Ron Paul? That was my understanding.

sgrooms
12-06-2007, 12:32 PM
as long as you don't accept donations at the party and then give those donations to the campaign in any way, you should be fine.

Green Mountain Boy
12-06-2007, 12:34 PM
They were raising it for a tea party right not Ron Paul? That was my understanding.

Yes, but we are also doing a radio ad buy and I think the ads mention Ron Paul in relation to the Tea Party Rally.

Sematary
12-06-2007, 12:36 PM
Yes, but we are also doing a radio ad buy and I think the ads mention Ron Paul in relation to the Tea Party Rally.

In what way?

Green Mountain Boy
12-06-2007, 12:39 PM
In what way?

I do not know if this is the final script or not but this is the gist:

Stopwatch ticking

In the time that it takes you to listen to this radio ad, the United States National Deficit will have grown another $500,000. The US Government sinks one million dollars deeper into debt every minute. That’s 1.4 Billion dollars a day. What does that mean for you and your children? FIND OUT on Sunday, December 16th at 2:30 in Faneuil Hall.

Stopwatch stops ticking

Time is running out.
Be there at Faneuil Hall Sunday December 16th at 2:30 to find out how Presidential Candidate Ron Paul will protect you and your family’s hard earned money, your god-given rights, and your constitutionally promised liberty.

Alarm clock bell rings

Wake Up Boston! Google Ron Paul then go to Faneuil Hall December 16th

Lord Xar
12-06-2007, 12:39 PM
Does it cost anything to participate?
Are any proceeds, that will exceed 1K, being given to the Ron Paul campaign?

You are renting out a hall,right? But, is that renting of the hall for a federal campainer, or like you said - an event in American History? Hmmm, you might even be able to get the city to help pay for it. hahahha

Semetary, there are alot of "what if's" - and "do you"...

The fact that you are having a lot of ron paul supporters does not mean anything. FEC wants to make sure "monies" are not being illegally generated or used in support of a candidate, or against a candidate.

Sematary
12-06-2007, 12:42 PM
I do not know if this is the final script or not but this is the gist:

Stopwatch ticking

In the time that it takes you to listen to this radio ad, the United States National Deficit will have grown another $500,000. The US Government sinks one million dollars deeper into debt every minute. That’s 1.4 Billion dollars a day. What does that mean for you and your children? FIND OUT on Sunday, December 16th at 2:30 in Faneuil Hall.

Stopwatch stops ticking

Time is running out.
Be there at Faneuil Hall Sunday December 16th at 2:30 to find out how you can protect you and your family’s hard earned money, your god-given rights, and your constitutionally promised liberty.

Alarm clock bell rings

Help us to throw the second Boston Tea Party at Faneuil Hall on December 16th!

What about that change?

Green Mountain Boy
Does it cost anything to participate?.
No

Are any proceeds, that will exceed 1K, being given to the Ron Paul campaign??.
We were hoping to set up ways in which to collect donations for Ron Paul, seeing that it is the big money bomb day.

Sematary
Does it cost anything to participate?
Are any proceeds, that will exceed 1K, being given to the Ron Paul campaign?

You are renting out a hall,right? But, is that renting of the hall for a federal campainer, or like you said - an event in American History? Hmmm, you might even be able to get the city to help pay for it. hahahha

Semetary, there are alot of "what if's" - and "do you"...

The fact that you are having a lot of ron paul supporters does not mean anything. FEC wants to make sure "monies" are not being illegally generated or used in support of a candidate, or against a candidate.

Well, I guess that's what we're getting at here. They aren't charging and no money is going to the campaign - so........