PDA

View Full Version : Everyone in this forum should read this book

mmink15
12-06-2007, 11:47 AM
I am currently reading Ron Paul's "A Foreign Policy Of Freedom: peace, commerce, and honest friendship" and I want to list a few reasons why having and reading this book is a must for people as dedicated to the cause as the ones on this forum. This book is a collection of speeches he's given on the house floor, petitions to Congress, and a few side notes he has written on those speeches. It really gives you a deeper insight into the man and how long he's been fighting the majority. It is also good to familiarize ourselves with the foreign policy reasonings of Dr Ron Paul which can be done on a deeper level by observing him tackle each bill and resolution separately, rather than the problem as a whole. For example, until reading this book I never realized how many times we are stuck having treaties with both sides of warring factions, or delivering aid and welfare for one side and arms for another side of a conflict. It seriously sickens me to think about it. Having this book on hand, after highlighting or underlining the best passages your first time through, will be a good tool to winning new supporters just by having it with you. You can just point to a speech he made on the house floor in 1983 or 2002 to have the good doctor make a point for you and win another vote.

If you have this book tell your favorite passage from it to bump this story.
Education of the public is our best tool to winning votes for Ron Paul, if you don't believe me read to the introduction posts of new Ron Paul supporters.

Ron Paul '08
I really believe we can do this thing America

mmink15
12-06-2007, 04:41 PM
Plus getting Ron Paul on the bestseller list can't be that bad, the book is under 20 bucks brand new.

Jobarra
12-06-2007, 04:49 PM
Ordered mine from the Ron Paul store. Took it into a local seafood spot wearing my Ron Paul hat and reading the first few speeches. Haven't gotten a chance to get to it again. Was disappointed at first that it was speeches with comments after them, but after I read the first few I didn't mind anymore.