PDA

View Full Version : Wikipedia Deleted the moneybomb article!

Naraku
12-06-2007, 11:47 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moneybomb#Moneybombs

This just pissed me off. It was deleted because of "consensus by established users" aka a bunch of people with more edits than others came on said, "Ewwww, this is just Paulbot spam. Ucky, delete it!"

They merged it with Google bomb and reduce it down to a little paragraph.

This is such bullshit.

JosephTheLibertarian
12-06-2007, 11:51 AM
damn neocons

dwdollar
12-06-2007, 12:00 PM
Can't we just create a new page?

Naraku
12-06-2007, 03:16 PM
I and another editor on Wikipedia have brought it up to the admin who deleted it. Hopefully it will be reviewed and undeleted.

ItsTime
12-06-2007, 03:19 PM
and that admin fired.

I and another editor on Wikipedia have brought it up to the admin who deleted it. Hopefully it will be reviewed and undeleted.

American
12-06-2007, 03:22 PM
They even got the premise wrong, I was under the interpretation that the money bomb was related to Guy Fawkes blowing up Parliament and our alternative was sending money on the 5th? Money Bomb

That when this whole naming of the "money bomb" thing came up.

IHaveaDream
12-06-2007, 03:28 PM
I hope someone is keeping a record of things like this. If Ron Paul decides to run as a third party candidate, it would be nice to publish all the incidents where he was deliberatly slighted.

brandon
12-06-2007, 03:31 PM
This is absurd. The disscusion on the Articles for Deletion Page had 6 editos in favor of keeping it, and 3 editors in favor of deleting. How is that consensus to delete?

rory096
12-06-2007, 03:54 PM
Don't think they're just doing this because they're out to get Ron Paul, hundreds of articles get deleted every day. Don't complain to Wikipedia administrators, just make this next money bomb huge so it becomes unquestionably notable!

constitutional
12-06-2007, 03:59 PM
looks like some one really does hate us

" ATTENTION!

If you came to this page because someone asked you to, or because you saw a message on an online forum asking you to do so, please note that this process is designed to determine the consensus of opinion of Wikipedia editors.

You are not barred from participating in the discussion, or making your opinion known here, no matter how new you may be. We welcome reasoned opinions and rational discussion.
Remember: This is not a vote. It is an attempt to reach consensus."

Naraku
12-06-2007, 04:20 PM
It seems the page has been brought back. However the admin who deleted it suggested the point of view be dealt with.