PDA

View Full Version : Trans-Texas Corridor

constituent14
06-28-2007, 11:24 PM
I'll post my thoughts in the morning, but I'd like to see if there's anyone else out there with thoughts on this...

Bryan
06-29-2007, 12:32 PM
Here are my issues with the TTC:

- In a free society, there is no justification for ANY eminent domain practices for ANY reason what-so-ever. The TTC plans to steal about 1,000,000 acres of Texas farm lands, homes and more.
- In a free society there is no such thing as forced taxation. The TTC is using countless millions of money forced from citizens at gun point.
- In a free society individuals have the liberty to travel freely on unimproved land corridors free of artificial man-made hazards (ie: cars). We don't have this in Texas, we should focus on this instead- the TTC is about the complete opposite of this where it will be a toll road with revenue going to foreign companies.

Just an note, I support a re-write of the Fifth Amendment:

Is: ... nor be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor shall private property be taken for public use, without just compensation.

Should be something like: ... nor be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law resulting from a criminal offense.

ChooseLiberty
06-29-2007, 03:01 PM
I'd like to know what the Canadians think of this SSO stuff. They are going to be getting a big influx of Mexicans and whatever else comes up through the southern US border.

SeekLiberty
06-29-2007, 03:13 PM
Here are my issues with the TTC:

- In a free society, there is no justification for ANY eminent domain practices for ANY reason what-so-ever. The TTC plans to steal about 1,000,000 acres of Texas farm lands, homes and more.
- In a free society there is no such thing as forced taxation. The TTC is using countless millions of money forced from citizens at gun point.
- In a free society individuals have the liberty to travel freely on unimproved land corridors free of artificial man-made hazards (ie: cars). We don't have this in Texas, we should focus on this instead- the TTC is about the complete opposite of this where it will be a toll road with revenue going to foreign companies.

Just an note, I support a re-write of the Fifth Amendment:

Is: ... nor be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor shall private property be taken for public use, without just compensation.

Should be something like: ... nor be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law resulting from a criminal offense.

Awe, this is all just "conspiracy" stuff, right? We don't have any "leaders" in meetings secretly (for most people) making unlawful plans against our Constitution, Sovereignty, and our Liberty, do we?

Not in America! :rolleyes: ;)

- SL

PS: I agree with everything you said.

constituent14
06-29-2007, 06:58 PM
Yea, what really irks me is that all of the stolen land becomes prime frontage road property just in time to resale it for mega $$$

Do you think we should accept it and begin lobbying for more environmental/people friendly construction? I know they have regular environmental impact citizens meetings. Perhaps tunneling, or elevating the roadway... I don't know, I would love it if there seemed to be any real upsides (inexpensive rail travel between the rural areas and the cities) but we all know those are empty promises.

By the way, have you seen what they've done on the East Side of Austin... they're not even gonna call it the Willie Nelson Turnpike anymore :(