PDA

View Full Version : Rand on 'The Kelly File' - 9:00 pm - 10/9/15

Valli6
10-09-2015, 06:33 PM
Rand Paul on The Kelly File 9:00 ET - FOXnews channel
(Sandra Smith in for Megyn Kelly)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wL8ja5xFrMg

A must-see interview with Sen. Rand Paul. The candidate reacts to the shake-up of House leadership.
http://www.foxnews.com/shows/the-kelly-file.html

garyallen59
10-09-2015, 07:33 PM
More bringing up low polling numbers, trying to get him to drop out. Rand seriously needs to mention Christie, Kasich, and Huckabee when they do this to him. It doesn't have to be in a negative way just point out their low polling and how they are still trucking along with their campaigns and not being hassled by the media about it. He needs to get mad.

libertyplz
10-09-2015, 07:34 PM
Meh, was an attempted hatchet job citing that bogus politico article that continues to use anonymous sources (likely working with opponent campaigns) to trash Rand. Don't think this interview either hurt or helped Rand. Rand does much better in studio, but he was there via satellite

LatinsforPaul
10-09-2015, 09:23 PM

dannno
10-09-2015, 09:36 PM

lol...

1:25

Senator, you start out by saying, "I think", but you "know"...

CPUd
10-09-2015, 09:41 PM
Trump said something the other day, here's a clip let's play it for you, what do you think Rand about what Trump said in that clip?

timosman
10-09-2015, 10:39 PM
lol...

1:25

I hope he gets the message this time :D

Jackie Moon
10-09-2015, 10:57 PM
More bringing up low polling numbers, trying to get him to drop out. Rand seriously needs to mention Christie, Kasich, and Huckabee when they do this to him. It doesn't have to be in a negative way just point out their low polling and how they are still trucking along with their campaigns and not being hassled by the media about it. He needs to get mad.

Yeah, and even Cruz or Bush. There isn't much statistical significance between being at 3% and 7%. Especially with the polling providers themselves saying their own polls aren't good at determining those small differences in this large field... and shouldn't be used for debate requirements.

And the stuff about spending more time in Kentucky. It's not like he's the only candidate that's running while holding office as a governor or member of Congress. But unlike others he's still doing his job for Kentucky in the Senate at the same time.

Meh, was an attempted hatchet job citing that bogus politico article that continues to use anonymous sources (likely working with opponent campaigns) to trash Rand. Don't think this interview either hurt or helped Rand. Rand does much better in studio, but he was there via satellite

Agree. The only benefit of bringing that article up is that it gives him a platform to respond to it.

He did well... but overall the interview spent too much time on that stuff so I agree that it doesn't help or hurt. The talk about Trump and Hillary's book right at the end kinda balance it out. And at least they had him on... getting exposure is always good.

nikcers
10-09-2015, 11:04 PM
What to know: Rand is kind of tired of anonymous people trying to give him advice.

timosman
10-09-2015, 11:12 PM
Rand came as uninformed when asked about the current book auction price. He said 8k while 12k was on the screen. Can he ask one of his interns to text him the current price every $500 dollars or 1hr whatever comes first ?

nikcers
10-09-2015, 11:18 PM
Yeah, and even Cruz or Bush. There isn't much statistical significance between being at 3% and 7%. Especially with the polling providers themselves saying their own polls aren't good at determining those small differences in this large field... and shouldn't be used for debate requirements.

And the stuff about spending more time in Kentucky. It's not like he's the only candidate that's running while holding office as a governor or member of Congress. But unlike others he's still doing his job for Kentucky in the Senate at the same time.

Agree. The only benefit of bringing that article up is that it gives him a platform to respond to it.

He did well... but overall the interview spent too much time on that stuff so I agree that it doesn't help or hurt. The talk about Trump and Hillary's book right at the end kinda balance it out. And at least they had him on... getting exposure is always good.

Yeah I really liked his demeanor, I think it was a failed hit piece because the reporter didn't say anything with any real conviction like she didn't believe any of the arguments she was trying to make. He sort of had this smirk like you gotta do better than that! I think either she didn't want to do the hit piece or wasn't prepared for the way that Rand Paul was responding either way though that was funny. The only other recent interview that I found funny was when he said he would actually prefer it if all of the other candidates dropped out.

PCKY
10-10-2015, 05:45 AM
I'd like to know who in KY is supposed to be challenging him? The Dems in KY right now are having a hard time getting behind their goofball candidate for Governor. Obama did such a number on this state, I think it will be awhile before they can mount much of a challenge.
When McConnel tells him to get out then you will know there is concern.
Given the WAPO expose on Politico's anonymous source being from another campaign, I think it behooves media outlets to let that one go.

georgiaboy
10-10-2015, 09:25 AM
Yeah I really liked his demeanor, I think it was a failed hit piece because the reporter didn't say anything with any real conviction like she didn't believe any of the arguments she was trying to make. He sort of had this smirk like you gotta do better than that! I think either she didn't want to do the hit piece or wasn't prepared for the way that Rand Paul was responding either way though that was funny. The only other recent interview that I found funny was when he said he would actually prefer it if all of the other candidates dropped out.

Good observation - I agree - her heart just wasn't in those questions, and they were the exact same ones he's fielded recently, so nothing new, except this interview was in prime time.

The only thing that makes me so livid is that the wording of all the questions he gets always are attempting to drive a false narrative.

Instead of "Your poll numbers are low recently. What are you and the campaign doing to try and remedy that?"
He gets "Your poll numbers have been on a steep decline. When are you dropping out?"

I don't watch other candidates interviews, so maybe they are just as bad with the line of questioning, but Rand, and previously Ron, is shown no mercy in this regard, especially from FNC. Fair and balanced, not even close. From a network who one would hope would give every GOP candidate a fair shake, it just doesn't happen.

All that said -- Rand, you the man.

timosman
10-10-2015, 09:40 AM

It might be Sandra Smith does not really give a damn about the political circus. She is primarily on FBN - http://www.foxnews.com/on-air/personalities/sandra-smith/bio

groverblue
10-10-2015, 09:57 AM
who is this bitch?

timosman
10-10-2015, 10:24 AM
who is this bitch?

not surprised you don't get laid. There is a link in my previous post which I put with the intent to prevent ridiculous question like the one you just posted.

JK/SEA
10-10-2015, 10:59 AM
she needs to do something with her hair...looks like a throwback style from the 80's...plus she has a smarmy looking face...

bitch is right, and i have zero effort in getting laid...

:D

groverblue
10-10-2015, 02:08 PM
not surprised you don't get laid. There is a link in my previous post which I put with the intent to prevent ridiculous question like the one you just posted.

haha. ok, preacher.