PDA

View Full Version : Stossel Friday: War on Cops & Other Political Myths

jct74
10-08-2015, 05:28 PM
War on Cops & Other Political Myths

Posted by John Stossel | October 07, 2015

POLITICAL "REALITY"

Friday at 8PM ET on Fox Business

"HONEST" POLITICIANS: Authenticity has become the buzzword this presidential election. So I asked people, "Are politicians real? Or fake?" The politician most often named as "not fake" was Donald Trump. I debate "real vs fake" with Presidential historian David Greenberg and Real Clear Politics' Rebecca Berg.

WAR OVERSEAS: Presidential candidate Lindsey Graham wants more military spending and troops sent to more countries. How will he pay for it? Do our troops create more problems than they solve? Did they create ISIS? Graham and I debate.

IMMIGRATION: Some Republican Presidential candidates say immigrants take American jobs. Is that true? Economist Ben Powell, author of "The Economics of Immigration" says it's true but misleading. People confuse the "seen" and the "unseen." In the long run, immigrants create more jobs than they take.

WAR ON COPS: Many in the media say "there's a war on cops!" People believe more cops are being killed, but actually, that's not true. Nevertheless, police officers face new obstacles. Former NYPD Lt./Commander Joe Cardinale talks about whether the war on cops is real.

WAR ON WOMEN: Democrats talk about the Republican "War on Women," but how much of that is a political myth? Do women have a right for government to pay for their birth control? Abortions? I don't think so.

MY TAKE: I get heat from libertarians because I don't hate the NSA data-mining. But am I naïve? Look what government did to Jason Chaffetz: the congressman once was turned down for a job at the Secret Service, and after he upset them, dozens of people at the Secret Service accessed and gossiped about his personal information. Then someone leaked it. No one at the Secret Service has been prosecuted for this. Government grows, abuses power, and rarely apologizes. That's political reality.

Airs Friday at 8PM ET on Fox Business

http://www.foxbusiness.com/on-air/stossel/blog/2015/10/07/war-cops-other-political-myths