PDA

View Full Version : Rand Paul "Cut their Card"

LatinsforPaul
10-08-2015, 03:48 PM
http://www.cuttheircard.com/

Rand Paul Wants to Cut Nation's Credit Card (http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/rand-paul-cut-nations-credit-card/story?id=34352616)

Sen. Rand Paul is putting his own mark on the debate over raising the nation’s debt limit, starting a new campaign geared towards getting the federal government to cut what he considers wasteful spending.

Called “Cut Their Card,” the new push coincides with the approaching deadline for Congress to raise the debt ceiling, which limits the amount of money the federal government can borrow. The U.S. Treasury has said the current deadline is November 5th.

The Paul campaign is releasing a series of web-only videos that decry federal overspending – the first two note that the government spends $180,000 a year studying the effect of cocaine on the sexual habits of Japanese quail (which the fact-checking site Politifact notes is actually part of a study on human sexuality).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hj1UKXKIBgs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ejH8KehEDY

garyallen59
10-08-2015, 04:07 PM
Brilliant

jaymur
10-08-2015, 04:14 PM
why does anyone care if "the government" shuts down for a while?

Brilliant

limequat
10-08-2015, 04:18 PM

The good chunk of Americans who collect a weekly paycheck from Uncle Sam care if the government shuts down.

Crashland
10-08-2015, 05:11 PM
To me that Japanese quail ad music is irritating as hell lol

TheTexan
10-08-2015, 05:15 PM

Because, who would build the roads?

Jonderdonk
10-08-2015, 05:38 PM
Was Rand's voiceover recorded with a potato?

EDIT: (And before I get lambasted, yes, I am an audio engineer.)

carlton
10-08-2015, 05:42 PM

I figured this was done on purpose. Maybe to seem less polished.

r3volution 3.0
10-08-2015, 05:46 PM
Excellent, time to remind people who the real fiscal conservative is.

The U.S. Treasury has said the current deadline is November 5th.

Remember, Remember the 5th of November (http://randpaulmoneybomb.com/)

Jonderdonk
10-08-2015, 05:47 PM
I figured this was done on purpose. Maybe to seem less polished.

To me, it sounds more like a candidate who's about to drop out.

Not that Rand is, that's just what it sounded like to me. I like the premise of the ad though.

carlton
10-08-2015, 05:54 PM

Not that Rand is, that's just what it sounded like to me. I like the premise of the ad though.

I didn't get that at all. The most popular viewed clips are not polished productions anymore, they are quick youtube snippets made by novices. In fact, someone may even tune in longer watching an ad seemingly homemade than a polished piece.

KEEF
10-08-2015, 06:29 PM
Good videos, my only concern is that his costs brought up on the Japanese Quail study are different from each other. The first video says $300,000 while the second says $180,000.

timosman
10-08-2015, 06:39 PM
Good videos, my only concern is that his costs brought up on the Japanese Quail study are different from each other. The first video says $300,000 while the second says $180,000.

Interns!

r3volution 3.0
10-08-2015, 06:40 PM
I didn't get that at all. The most popular viewed clips are not polished productions anymore, they are quick youtube snippets made by novices. In fact, someone may even tune in longer watching an ad seemingly homemade than a polished piece.

Agreed

The low-end style was intentional, and I liked it myself.

65fastback2+2
10-08-2015, 06:42 PM

knowing the government its $300k + $180k

65fastback2+2
10-08-2015, 06:43 PM

nothing says "cut spending" like a full on movie quality production! lol

Jackie Moon
10-08-2015, 07:46 PM

Yeah, it does have a less than sharp quality but it's not as bad as some have been before. Not sure if I would have noticed if I hadn't been paying attention to it. Being an expert in that area it probably stood out more to you than regular people.

Even going back to Ron's campaign they've done voiceovers that sound like they are recorded over the phone. I don't have a Youtube version but this was one they just did for the End of Quarter Push:

https://www.facebook.com/RandPaul/videos/10153379177246107/?permPage=1

Excellent, time to remind people who the real fiscal conservative is.

The U.S. Treasury has said the current deadline is November 5th.

Remember, Remember the 5th of November (http://randpaulmoneybomb.com/)

Yes, they kinda handed us a gift with the coincidence of the date. :cool:

adam220891
10-08-2015, 10:18 PM
Eager to see more example videos.

francisco
10-08-2015, 10:38 PM

Because, who would build the roads?

lol

The Northbreather
10-08-2015, 11:41 PM
Average American- What's a national debt?

Hope this wakes em up

timosman
10-08-2015, 11:46 PM
Average American- What's a national debt?

Hope this wakes em up

Do you see that 57 grand attached to everybody's ass ? That's the national debt. Ready to pay up ?

65fastback2+2
10-09-2015, 05:48 AM
Do you see that 57 grand attached to everybody's ass ? That's the national debt. Ready to pay up ?

aint nobody got time fo dat

euphemia
10-09-2015, 06:32 AM
Here's my question: Why did he save this for his presidential candidacy? Rand Paul is a US Senator. He was sent to Washington to do exactly this. He is already accountable to do what he said he was going to do. He can't pin a presidential run on this. It is already his job.

erowe1
10-09-2015, 06:55 AM
Here's my question: Why did he save this for his presidential candidacy? Rand Paul is a US Senator. He was sent to Washington to do exactly this. He is already accountable to do what he said he was going to do. He can't pin a presidential run on this. It is already his job.

In what way do you think he has failed at this as a senator?

65fastback2+2
10-09-2015, 07:13 AM

Are you serious?

As a senator, he can have 1% of the say in spending.

As a President, he can 100% veto every single bill that adds to the deficit.

MAJOR difference there.

For you math wizards, 100%-1% = 99% increase.

Jonderdonk
10-09-2015, 07:30 AM
Yeah, it does have a less than sharp quality but it's not as bad as some have been before. Not sure if I would have noticed if I hadn't been paying attention to it. Being an expert in that area it probably stood out more to you than regular people.

Yes, good points.

LatinsforPaul
10-09-2015, 07:32 AM

Rand Paul has never voted for a spending bill and is the most fiscally conservative person in Congress.