PDA

View Full Version : "We need energy independence. And we need to export energy."

Brian4Liberty
10-07-2015, 07:19 PM
"We need energy independence. And we need to export energy."

Many US politicians and pundits, including presidential candidates like Jeb Bush have been parroting some version of these talking points recently. Apparently the obvious contradiction is of no consequence. Doublethink is now mainstream and common. Orwell would be proud (or sadly vindicated).

Zippyjuan
10-07-2015, 08:14 PM
We do export energy. We export coal and natural gas but currently crude oil is banned from export though refined oil products can be. I believe we are the #1 exporter of such refined products (some countries like Venezuela cannot process enough of their own oil so they send it to us to refine it and we ship back the end products).

Ronin Truth
10-08-2015, 09:16 AM
Let's just skip the export. ;)

Chester Copperpot
10-08-2015, 09:19 AM
im ok with a contradiction like this... and i understand it could go either way... im all for exporting too

Ronin Truth
10-08-2015, 10:18 AM
How many OPEC barrels of oil have we had to buy over the last several decades to replace the bazillions of barrels we previously exported?

MEGA DUH! :p

ZENemy
10-08-2015, 10:42 AM
"words, words, and then some more words, also; words" - All politicians.

bunklocoempire
10-08-2015, 11:12 AM
As long as we get to export it with bribes and bombs... amiright? Here kid, take a couple FRNs and a hydro-generator from China -or I'll blow your head off.

Now bend over, cause here comes my pipeline.

fisharmor
10-08-2015, 11:50 AM
How much money did we spend conquering Iraq, with over 200,000 deaths, and they get to keep all their oil?

Nuts to that. What is wrong with America that we can't figure out a simple thing like foreign conquest?

Brian4Liberty
10-08-2015, 12:08 PM
We do export energy. We export coal and natural gas but currently crude oil is banned from export though refined oil products can be. I believe we are the #1 exporter of such refined products (some countries like Venezuela cannot process enough of their own oil so they send it to us to refine it and we ship back the end products).

Of course. That's why repealing the crude oil export ban is so important these days to the establishment and Chamber lapdogs. It's all about "free trade" just, like the Keystone XL and TPP!

Ronin Truth
10-08-2015, 12:19 PM
How much money did we spend conquering Iraq, with over 200,000 deaths, and they get to keep all their oil?

Nuts to that. What is wrong with America that we can't figure out a simple thing like foreign conquest?

The Rothschilds refused to allow that.

Zippyjuan
10-08-2015, 12:25 PM
Of course. That's why repealing the crude oil export ban is so important these days to the establishment and Chamber lapdogs. It's all about "free trade" just, like the Keystone XL and TPP!

Should a company be able to sell its product to whomever they want and is willing to pay an agreed upon price? Or should government regulate businesses?

Brian4Liberty
10-08-2015, 12:43 PM
Should a company be able to sell its product to whomever they want and is willing to pay an agreed upon price? Or should government regulate businesses?

LOL. You are funny.

The establishment is always so "libertarian" when they think it will help them bamboozle the ignorant masses.