PDA

View Full Version : Rasmussen Daily Tracker: Ron Paul up to 8%!!

gagnonstudio
12-06-2007, 10:21 AM
We keep climbing!!

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/election_2008__1/2008_presidential_election/daily_presidential_tracking_poll

Mandrik
12-06-2007, 10:22 AM
Shhhhhhh, keep it down.

Go Huckabee!

Ok, get back to work...

Bigboyen
12-06-2007, 10:28 AM
Great!

The coming days will be exciting - then we will see the result of the Romney speech and the Huckabee rape and murder case. In fact we can have five candidates at around 15% and Paul just outside the margin of error.

This is a really sick election, I have never read about such a open presidential primary election.

sirachman
12-06-2007, 10:30 AM
Go Huckabee!!!!!!!!! WOOT! American Theocracy 2008!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

crasster
12-06-2007, 10:31 AM
Great!

The coming days will be exciting - then we will see the result of the Romney speech and the Huckabee rape and murder case. In fact we can have five candidates at around 15% and Paul just outside the margin of error.

This is a really sick election, I have never read about such a open presidential primary election.

Yeah and just think this poll does not include all the Democrat & Independent voters. Nor does it include that Ron Paul will probably have near 100% turn out at the primaries.

I really hope he takes Iowa.

azminuteman
12-06-2007, 10:32 AM
You know, my take on the Huckabee thing is that the RNC is probably wanting a Romney/Huckabee ticket to defeat the Hillary/Biden juggernaut.

FluffyUnbound
12-06-2007, 10:32 AM
Rasmussen uses a 4 day average, so I figured yesterday that one 5% he pulled a few days back had been holding him at 7. Now that day is out of the sample. If he can hold 8 for two days, he should be able to pop to 9 or 10 quite easily, just because of the sample they use. [He can't be at 8 today without having at least one 9 or higher day, because of the 7's in the pool.]

kylejack
12-06-2007, 10:35 AM
You know, my take on the Huckabee thing is that the RNC is probably wanting a Romney/Huckabee ticket to defeat the Hillary/Biden juggernaut.

That's awfully churchy.

Patrick Henry
12-06-2007, 10:35 AM
Rasmussen uses a 4 day average, so I figured yesterday that one 5% he pulled a few days back had been holding him at 7. Now that day is out of the sample. If he can hold 8 for two days, he should be able to pop to 9 or 10 quite easily, just because of the sample they use. [He can't be at 8 today without having at least one 9 or higher day, because of the 7's in the pool.]

Interesting.

paulitics
12-06-2007, 10:36 AM
Here is the proof that they select likely primary voters and not randomly dialed numbers.

"Additionally, Rasmussen Reports screens for Likely Primary voters while Gallup surveyed Adults. Neither approach is necessarily right or wrong, but Primary Voters tend to be more conservative than Republicans generally. As a result, a poll that screens for Likely Primary Voters is likely to show more support for Huckabee than a poll that measures the opinions of Republican and Republican leaning adults."

FSP-Rebel
12-06-2007, 10:37 AM
Whether or not these christians keep supporting Huck after hearing about all of this rape stuff will be a strong inclination of the morality of today's christians.

paulitics
12-06-2007, 10:38 AM

good point. Perhaps he is pulling in some females from the view show.

Mandrik
12-06-2007, 10:38 AM
Whether or not these christians keep supporting Huck after hearing about all of this rape stuff will be a strong inclination of the morality of today's christians.

The fact that a lot of these Christian voters support pre-emptive war says even more. It's a shame how bad some people have been brainwashed. :(

brandon13830
12-06-2007, 10:42 AM
The momentum seems to be building. Hopefully the 16th and the media attention it will receive will give us the extra boost we need to win this thing.

Bigboyen
12-06-2007, 10:44 AM
Here is the proof that they select likely primary voters and not randomly dialed numbers.

"Additionally, Rasmussen Reports screens for Likely Primary voters while Gallup surveyed Adults. Neither approach is necessarily right or wrong, but Primary Voters tend to be more conservative than Republicans generally. As a result, a poll that screens for Likely Primary Voters is likely to show more support for Huckabee than a poll that measures the opinions of Republican and Republican leaning adults."

But Paul is doing a lot better in Rasmussen poll then in Gallup Poll. And the text is not telling how they find out if a voter is likely primary voter or not. If Rasmussen take in how strong the support of a candidate is into their likely voters number it can explain that Paul is doing better here.

Mort
12-06-2007, 10:45 AM
nice! I was really getting worried that the internet support would not go mainstream. This seems to debunk my worry.

kylejack
12-06-2007, 10:48 AM
But Paul is doing a lot better in Rasmussen poll then in Gallup Poll. And the text is not telling how they find out if a voter is likely primary voter or not. If Rasmussen take in how strong the support of a candidate is into their likely voters number it can explain that Paul is doing better here.
Gallup is 4-6 day old data. We've had some good media in the past several days.

JPFromTally
12-06-2007, 10:48 AM
How the heck does Huck go from 10%-21% in two weeks?

csen
12-06-2007, 10:49 AM
Something's not right. Either he's higher than 8% in some states (after all 8% is supposedly a national average, meaning some are higher and some are lower), or the 8% nationally is wrong. So which is it?

Xanax Nation
12-06-2007, 10:50 AM
It pisses me off that they listed Huckabee when he was at 4-5-6% but they don't give the same courtesy to Paul.

brandon13830
12-06-2007, 10:51 AM

The last debate.

ashlux
12-06-2007, 10:51 AM

Perhaps we're copying the college football and the BCS? :D

troyd1
12-06-2007, 10:52 AM
2 more points to go. When Ron gets to double digits, he will be hard for the msm to ignore.

kylejack
12-06-2007, 10:52 AM

Lots of media appearances, encouraging poll numbers in Iowa from his steady campaigning there, and he's a fairly charismatic guy.

ashlux
12-06-2007, 10:55 AM
The fact that a lot of these Christian voters support pre-emptive war says even more. It's a shame how bad some people have been brainwashed. :(

It's not hard to fall prey to the preemptive Iraq business. The tough part is pulling people out. Heck, Ron Paul did it for me as well as some other people I know :D

Question_Authority
12-06-2007, 10:57 AM
remember, a recent poll showed that of those who responded in the poll, 61% said they might still change their minds. And all 5 "front runners" were about EVEN (in NH at least) given the margin of error. SOooooooo....very few voters are strongly committed to a candidate! To me, that means LOW VOTER TURNOUT!

AND WE KNOW THAT 99% OF RP SUPPORTERS ARE COMPLETELY COMMITTED TO HIM!

So, combine that 8% with all of the independent and NEW voters out there...we are doing very well.

ashlux
2 more points to go. When Ron gets to double digits, he will be hard for the msm to ignore.

We said the same thing about him consistently beating the MoE too.

Btw, is it just me or is the MoE of polls nowadays quite a bit higher than previous? I could have sworn MoE of +/-3 was high, but I've constantly been seeing +/-5 and even +/-6!

RevolutionSD
So yesterday he was at 7% and today he's at 8%?

I'll take it but is anyone else sick and tired of polls being the authority on Paul's chances?

csen
12-06-2007, 11:01 AM
What's amazing to me is we're only 4% away from being in 3rd place according to these polls. Huckabee's a perfect example of how fast the media winds can shift. He's gone from dark horse to possible front-runner in 2 weeks.

NinjaPirate
12-06-2007, 11:02 AM
So yesterday he was at 7% and today he's at 8%?

I'll take it but is anyone else sick and tired of polls being the authority on Paul's chances?

Yep.

FU*K YOU, FRANK!

ashlux
12-06-2007, 11:05 AM
FU*K YOU, FRANK!

All together now! :p

dante
12-06-2007, 11:11 AM

So you only are required a certain standard of morality if you are a Christian? Be careful before you make broad sweeping accusations. I and i'm sure many others here am a devout Christian and no fan of the huckster. Please remember to treat everyone as individuals not as members of a group - as Dr. Paul states himself so many times.

MrCoffee
12-06-2007, 11:13 AM
We said the same thing about him consistently beating the MoE too.

Btw, is it just me or is the MoE of polls nowadays quite a bit higher than previous? I could have sworn MoE of +/-3 was high, but I've constantly been seeing +/-5 and even +/-6!

They should list the MoE on polls as it is.

+/- 100%