PDA

View Full Version : I just asked for funds at an economic/stock market forum I participate in.

dfalken
12-06-2007, 10:08 AM
Most of the people in such forums are already Ron Paul supporters or prime candidates to support him as they have a deep understanding of what is wrong with the country's leadership and banking industry. In fact as a member of such forums we have been reading Ron Paul's economic writing for the past 10 years. These people trade the market in many cases for a living and some of them have deep pockets. Hopefully this will provide another bump to the blimp fund. I do wish the credit card payment or paypal option was up as many of the people coming from such forums are olders, probably don't have a google account and might not want to open one.

Lacrosseus
12-06-2007, 10:29 AM
Most of the people in such forums are already Ron Paul supporters or prime candidates to support him as they have a deep understanding of what is wrong with the country's leadership and banking industry. In fact as a member of such forums we have been reading Ron Paul's economic writing for the past 10 years. These people trade the market in many cases for a living and some of them have deep pockets. Hopefully this will provide another bump to the blimp fund. I do wish the credit card payment or paypal option was up as many of the people coming from such forums are olders, probably don't have a google account and might not want to open one.

Cool....

jaybone
12-06-2007, 10:58 AM
SEEK the money where it IS

dfalken
12-06-2007, 11:29 AM
We have at least one contributor for sure from my request and I have a feeling many more are contributing as the majority of the people on the two boards I particpate in are Ron Paul supporters and since they are older and not directly in touch with the grassroots probably hadn't even heard of the blimp... As you can see below OhioBear is in!!

RE: If you support Ron Paul, please consider contribut...
Ohio Bear

NEW 12/6/2007 9:16:09 AM
Post Your Reply

I'm in!

Jagwarr
12-06-2007, 12:37 PM
Yesterday I went around to many financial web sites and blogs where these Wall Street types were complaining about the new bail out for the housing market. Most are really upset about it because they will lose out on interest and they think it will just delay the coming housing crash, I thought that already happened but these guys will tell you that we haven't seen anything yet.

So I politley mentioned to them that in large part it is their donations and support that comtinue to put the same CFR candidates into office and perhaps they should consider trying someone new for four years that really believes in free markets, someone like Ron Paul.

I don't know though, those folks seemed to care only about money money money. After a couple hours reading through so many comments and posts it made me realize how lucky we are not to be so totally consumed by purely material desires.

gecko42
12-06-2007, 12:38 PM
I posted a positive message at a gold board to counteract the negativity and misinformation there. I know they have money. Also, there are a ton of lurkers there :)

dfalken
12-06-2007, 12:41 PM
Yesterday I went around to many financial web sites and blogs where these Wall Street types were complaining about the new bail out for the housing market. Most are really upset about it because they will lose out on interest and they think it will just delay the coming housing crash, I thought that already happened but these guys will tell you that we haven't seen anything yet.

So I politley mentioned to them that in large part it is their donations and support that comtinue to put the same CFR candidates into office and perhaps they should consider trying someone new for four years that really believes in free markets, someone like Ron Paul.

I don't know though, those folks seemed to care only about money money money. After a couple hours reading through so many comments and posts it made me realize how lucky we are not to be so totally consumed by purely material desires.

I wonder what kind of boards you were going to. I would defininitely recommend staying away from yahoo type boards as they are made up of mostly ignorant greedy fools that would probably support Giuliani or another moron like that. The boards I participate in are made up of people that understand how deep in the crap our country is in right now and the vast majority of participants already support Ron Paul. We've been reading his papers for at least a decade. Don't waste your time with boards made up of so called "bulls" they are our opposition.

alexpasch
12-06-2007, 12:48 PM
I wonder what kind of boards you were going to. I would defininitely recommend staying away from yahoo type boards as they are made up of mostly ignorant greedy fools that would probably support Giuliani or another moron like that. The boards I participate in are made up of people that understand how deep in the crap our country is in right now and the vast majority of participants already support Ron Paul. We've been reading his papers for at least a decade. Don't waste your time with boards made up of so called "bulls" they are our opposition.

Would you mind mentioning which boards you frequent?

http://market-ticker.denninger.net/ This guy has some fun blogs on the financial industry. Also reading Peter Schiff's comments is fun too (www.europac.net).

grizzums
12-06-2007, 12:50 PM

This kind of statement is ignorant. I am a moderator of stock forum and just because there are so-called "bulls" out there doesn't mean they are opposed to the views of Dr. Paul...:rolleyes:

I agree that a place like Yahoo isn't the best but you are speaking in some ignorant generalities here. I have already been in touch with some of our members that have already donated to this cause....and guess what, some subscribe to the Austrian school of economic thought, some to the Keynesian school, some are bulls, some are not, but most just classify themselves as neither and play whatever the market gives them.

Jagwarr
12-06-2007, 12:51 PM

Your could be right but these guys really seem upset right now about this bailout, it seems to be an almost universal feeling with them, wanting the government to stop getting involved, so I thought it was a good idea to plant some ideas. I don't bother watching for replies or getting into debates with any of them. I just stay polite and friendly make my point and move on. It's funny because I often notice other Dr. Paul supporters doing the same thing, I don't see many complaints so maybe over time it will do so good.

dfalken
12-06-2007, 01:01 PM
This kind of statement is ignorant. I am a moderator of stock forum and just because there are so-called "bulls" out there doesn't mean they are opposed to the views of Dr. Paul...:rolleyes:

I agree that a place like Yahoo isn't the best but you are speaking in some ignorant generalities here. I have already been in touch with some of our members that have already donated to this cause....and guess what, some subscribe to the Austrian school of economic thought, some to the Keynesian school, some are bulls, some are not, but most just classify themselves as neither and play whatever the market gives them.

By "bull forum" I was refering to yahoo type boards. I agree there are bulls out there that are well informed and support Ron Paul but the yahoo boards are mostly trash.

dfalken
12-06-2007, 01:03 PM
Would you mind mentioning which boards you frequent?

http://market-ticker.denninger.net/ This guy has some fun blogs on the financial industry. Also reading Peter Schiff's comments is fun too (www.europac.net).

The prudentbear board is one of them http://boards.prudentbear.com/ . I don't regularly post on that one, I mostly read it, because there is a lot of fighting and childish behavior on it but there are some very good posters there and the majority of the board members support Dr. Paul as they regularly post about him.

alexpasch
12-06-2007, 01:03 PM
Your could be right but these guys really seem upset right now about this bailout, it seems to be an almost universal feeling with them, wanting the government to stop getting involved, so I thought it was a good idea to plant some ideas. I don't bother watching for replies or getting into debates with any of them. I just stay polite and friendly make my point and move on. It's funny because I often notice other Dr. Paul supporters doing the same thing, I don't see many complaints so maybe over time it will do so good.

The bailout is stupid. It makes no sense for the government to step in like that and meddle with the system. These loans need to get priced properly and this is only making matters worse and delaying the inevitable. There needs to be a credit reset; too much was loaned out at too low a risk profile and now the market has to correct itself. The government (in looking out for the "little guy" :rolleyes:) is merely trying to prevent that.

I had a conversation with one of my old Wharton professors today and he said that he had a friend (PhD) working at an i-bank who has extensive experience in subprime valuation modeling; the guy said that they don't know if the bonds are worth 20 cents on par or 80 cents on par....that's REALLY screwed up

grizzums
12-06-2007, 01:05 PM
By "bull forum" I was refering to yahoo type boards. I agree there are bulls out there that are well informed and support Ron Paul but the yahoo boards are mostly trash.

Okay...my apologies, I misunderstood.

alexpasch
12-06-2007, 01:06 PM

It depends, as far as Yahoo boards go. For medium sized companies not followed by idiots you can get some good information sometimes (I've made some trades based on info given there (that obviously I did my own due diligence on) and made good money.

For names like Apple, though, good luck finding an intelligent post.

slantedview
12-06-2007, 01:07 PM
did you guys post on thehousingbubbleblog.com ? some affluent ron paul supporters there.

dfalken
12-06-2007, 01:09 PM
The bailout is stupid. It makes no sense for the government to step in like that and meddle with the system. These loans need to get priced properly and this is only making matters worse and delaying the inevitable. There needs to be a credit reset; too much was loaned out at too low a risk profile and now the market has to correct itself. The government (in looking out for the "little guy" :rolleyes:) is merely trying to prevent that.

I had a conversation with one of my old Wharton professors today and he said that he had a friend (PhD) working at an i-bank who has extensive experience in subprime valuation modeling; the guy said that they don't know if the bonds are worth 20 cents on par or 80 cents on par....that's REALLY screwed up

The government is pretending to look out for the "little guy" when in fact it is looking out for its banker buddies. If the little guy hands in the keys of the house the banker buddies take a big hit on the loan because they can't sell the house for the full value of the loan at this point.....if the little guy is "helped" by the government to stay in his/her mortgage the little guy gets the privilege to continue being a feudal servant for a longer time making payments on a total loan that is now bigger than the price of the home. Still this doesn't excuse the little guy for being an idiot and getting into a loan they couldn't afford in the first place. Whenever the government tries to step in and control market prices you know they are desperate. The financial system denominated in paper dollars basically needs to collapse and reset just like you said as there is no realistic way to balance the ledger. The majority of loans are make believe with the lenders way over their head on what they could afford from day one....and this translates in the aggregate to the national commercial deficit as its the foreigners that have lent us this money as we consumed more than we produced for many many years.

grizzums
12-06-2007, 01:18 PM

I agree....Fed Gov't needs to BUTT OUT!

Many of these level 3 assets can not even be valued properly and are still sitting off the books.....let the market decide and work its way out of this, even if that throws us into a recession. The Fed and Wall St greed got us into this mess and they need to bite the bullet. There is plenty of blame to go around in this crunch and unfortunately some homeowners will end up getting burnt which will spill over into the broader economy but it needs to occur imho to give the market's value at least some sort of merit. If people lose more confidence in the system there will be even more trouble <-- The Federal Gov't stepping in at this point feeds the skepticism that is already there. Besides, watch for some lawsuits to spring up with a deal like this.

:rolleyes:

alexpasch
12-06-2007, 01:18 PM

Some people are in it just for the money, and some genuinely love finance and enjoy what they're doing (obviously it's not black and white but rather a spectrum from one end to the other).

I think you'll find that the most successful people in finance are those that love it the most; it's a very demanding career field and you'll burn out unless you love it.

"We enjoy the process far more than the proceeds."
-Warren Buffet

"Of the billionaires I have known, money just brings out the basic traits in them. If they were jerks before they had money, they are simply jerks with a billion dollars. "
-Warren Buffet

alexpasch
12-06-2007, 01:21 PM
The government is pretending to look out for the "little guy" when in fact it is looking out for its banker buddies.

Oh I completely agree...I was being sarcastic when I said their intention was to help out the little guy (hence rolling eyes).

dfalken
12-06-2007, 01:22 PM
Some people are in it just for the money, and some genuinely love finance and enjoy what they're doing (obviously it's not black and white but rather a spectrum from one end to the other).

I think you'll find that the most successful people in finance are those that love it the most; it's a very demanding career field and you'll burn out unless you love it.

"We enjoy the process far more than the proceeds."
-Warren Buffet

"Of the billionaires I have known, money just brings out the basic traits in them. If they were jerks before they had money, they are simply jerks with a billion dollars. "
-Warren Buffet

Excellent observation, that is why admire Warren...he really has no interest in the money but he loves the process. Warren and Ron Paul are two of the people I truly look up to. I have a passion for macroeconomics and I also do it mostly for the fun of the process as I own a sales/marketing company not directly related to the markets. Macroeconomics are mass psychology, always changing and fascinating and markets are its representation. Alright last post about this from me as I am in the wrong part of the forums to get into this and don't want to detract from the blimp.

slantedview
12-06-2007, 01:24 PM
did you guys post on thehousingbubbleblog.com ? some affluent ron paul supporters there.
did you? i don't want to double post.

Jagwarr
12-06-2007, 01:35 PM
I now have forum accounts on many newspaper sites and when I have time I pick a blog or go into the forum and present a side that is favorable to Dr. Paul, which is easy for me. I try not to come off sounding like a campaign worker but try to squeeze his name into my comments towards the end.

Lately I have noticed that if I mention the other candidates as "CFR candidates" it often perks interest, as many do not know what I am refering to. Maybe some will want to find out and I haven't noticed anyone complaining so it's worth a shot.

I pick stories that I am interested in, I read them and then the comments and post. I don't know much about the finance world as my main interest is in the harm that the drug war and the black markets have caused our country. It's not a popular view but more and more people are beginning to think about it.

dfalken
12-06-2007, 01:59 PM
did you? i don't want to double post.

No I didn't, I read some of their stuff but I am not a member there, go for it and post those are the type of people that are certain to support Ron Paul.

dfalken
12-06-2007, 02:01 PM
I now have forum accounts on many newspaper sites and when I have time I pick a blog or go into the forum and present a side that is favorable to Dr. Paul, which is easy for me. I try not to come off sounding like a campaign worker but try to squeeze his name into my comments towards the end.

Lately I have noticed that if I mention the other candidates as "CFR candidates" it often perks interest, as many do not know what I am refering to. Maybe some will want to find out but I haven't noticed anyone complaining so it's worth a shot.

I pick stories that I am interested in, I read them and then the comments and post. I don't know much about the finance world as my main interest is in the harm that the drug war has caused our country. It's not a popular view but more and more people are beginning to think about it. I'm active in trying to help people with addictions and it has become one of my passions over the years.

You sound like a good guy or gal....as are most of the people on these boards. Hey, post another 3 times and you'll become a "senior member"!! ;)