PDA

View Full Version : Tea Party, Floating Tealights?

cjhowe
12-06-2007, 09:37 AM
We were brainstorming some ideas for things that our meetups can get involved with over tea party weekend and an idea came up that I wanted to see whether it has legs or not.

Since some people want to burn stuff and others want to dump stuff in water...why not get your meetups together at a public fountain, lake, pond, whatever and place tea lights/floating candles in the water.

http://www.candle4less.com/SmallProductImage.ashx?pr=654

Sorry for double posting, this wasn't getting any eyes over in the project forum

FreeTraveler
12-06-2007, 09:39 AM
Great idea! Tealights floating on water always get a tear or two going, regardless of the reason. A great mix with the good doctor's message.

tonyr1988
12-06-2007, 09:56 AM
Great idea! Since they usually are done for a somber reason, you could make little signs about how bad our situation is ($10 trillion debt when the next President takes office, SS crisis, falling dollar, etc.).

cjhowe
12-06-2007, 03:03 PM
bump

JerzieJennie
12-06-2007, 03:07 PM
I know I am repeating myself - but I keep seeing the same sorts of "put stuff in the water" posts. I think fountains and enclosed water areas are a good idea, but we do not want to litter up the harbor. That doesnt make people like us. Be careful what kind of wildlife may be able to eat/choke/get entagled in what you are going to drop in water.

Andrew-Austin
12-06-2007, 03:08 PM
Please don't throw crap in the harbor.... X_x

thisisgiparti
12-06-2007, 03:12 PM
Is there a public fountain near where rallies at the harbor are planned? I would be happy to send some tea lights to a Boston meet-up group.