PDA

View Full Version : Wtf

conner_condor
12-06-2007, 09:36 AM
They got mit giving a speach on the MSM channels. He's not the fucking president.

sirachman
12-06-2007, 09:38 AM
Hopefully he will screw himself with his little bullshit speech.

Menthol Patch
12-06-2007, 09:43 AM
He claims that every faith brings people closer to God.

He is nothing but a polytheist.

He has the right to be a polytheist, but he cannot be a Christian if he thinks that all religions are valid. Jesus specifically stated he is the only way to access the father.

terryp
12-06-2007, 09:46 AM
I hope he talks himself into a hole. And to have G. Busch 41 introduce him, it's like he has been anointed by the Republican party. All Crap!!!!

Real_CaGeD
12-06-2007, 09:47 AM
Maybe all this religion talk, while we are at war with another religion will bring some people to Ron Paul.

Menthol Patch
12-06-2007, 09:48 AM
This is so so sick.

The media should give Ron Paul that long to speak!

sirachman
12-06-2007, 09:48 AM
I will not stand for this man as our president!

I feel like I am in a damn church.

maeqFREEDOMfree
12-06-2007, 09:50 AM
one thing that stuck out to me about Romney (who's mannerisms remind me of that of a crafty used car salesman) was on the YouTube debate. when asked if he believed every word of the Bible he said that he infact believed that the Bible was true... how can this be if he claims to be a morman? last time i checked they read a different bible than Christians...

Mandrik
12-06-2007, 09:50 AM
"US took no money, treasure, or power from World Wars I & II" is the line CNN is showing under Romney. Wha?

goRPaul
12-06-2007, 09:51 AM
Its all lip service/plagiarism of "liberty" "freedom" "Constitution" and its nauseating. He's never talked about those things before, and he's not gonna talk about them after this.

Fyretrohl
one thing that stuck out to me about Romney (who's mannerisms remind me of that of a crafty used car salesman) was on the YouTube debate. when asked if he believed every word of the Bible he said that he infact believed that the Bible was true... how can this be if he claims to be a morman? last time i checked they read a different bible than Christians...

Incorrect. We do believe in the Bible. Typically, we use the KJV. Yes, we do have certain scriptures that we have the 'Joseph Smith' translation of. Just clarifications, according to our faith. We also have the Book of Mormon, aka 'Another Testimony of Christ'.

Real_CaGeD
We are witnessing a war of religious rhetoric between Romney and Huck.

Original_Intent
I don't think saying "all religions bring us closer to God" = "all religions are valid".

I am no fan of Romney, but let's not resort to putting words in his mouth.

I would say the only judge (that matters) of whether he is a Christian or not is Jesus Christ.

I will join in on the mudslinging of Mitt Romney any day, but let's go after him for valid reasons, not his religious beliefs. As a Mormon myself I will say that Ron Paul's philosophy of the proper role of government matches the official doctrine of our church better than any other candidate. Mitt is not representative of the LDS church.

tonyr1988
12-06-2007, 09:52 AM
This is so so sick.

The media should give Ron Paul that long to speak!

To be fair, some of them have (Beck/Matthews), but the campaign hasn't seized the offer yet.

Fyretrohl
12-06-2007, 09:53 AM
I don't think saying "all religions bring us closer to God" = "all religions are valid".

I would say the only judge (that matters) of whether he is a Christian or not is Jesus Christ.

I will join in on the mudslinging of Mitt Romney any day, but let's go after him for valid reasons, not his religious beliefs. As a Mormon myself I will say that Ron Paul's philosophy of the proper role of government matches the official doctrine of our church better than any other candidate. Mitt is not representative of the LDS church.

Agreed, as a Latter Day Saint also, I will not attack 'Brother Romney'. Now, will I attack 'Mr Romney'. 'Governor Romney' and his actions as a politician are free game, however.

MadViking10
12-06-2007, 09:55 AM
To be fair, some of them have (Beck/Matthews), but the campaign hasn't seized the offer yet.

Thats not a fair assesment. There is not a single news channel or show that will let Ron Paul give a 15 min plus speech. NOT one show and not on every MSM channel at once. :mad:

Matthew Zak
12-06-2007, 09:55 AM
SO Mit's Religion is a little misunderstood, and the MSM and GOP give him the opportunity to fully explain himself.

Ron's policies and statements about certain things are a little misunderstood, and the MSM and GOP ridicule him.

That's perfectly fair.

/sarcasm

Mandrik
12-06-2007, 09:56 AM
He's just trying to out-Huck Huck.

BTW, one of my kids just yelled "It's a Ron Paul sign!" When they cut to that chick after Romney's speech, you could see a bunch of RP signs. Glad my 3-almost-4-year-olds know a Ron Paul sign when they see it. :D

JordanL
12-06-2007, 09:57 AM
Agreed, as a Latter Day Saint also, I will not attack 'Brother Romney'. Now, will I attack 'Mr Romney'. 'Governor Romney' and his actions as a politician are free game, however.

Indeed. We have to be Paulites on this one. I couldn't disagree more with a lot of the things LDS teaches, but most of the LDS people that I know are good people, and a theology debate should not have impact on the person of someone else, so long as the debate doesn't breach the basic morals of society.

ItsTime
12-06-2007, 09:58 AM
As the only "Libertarian" (according to wolf blitzer) running in the GOP he should have the chance to explain what that means :D

SO Mit's Religion is a little misunderstood, and the MSM and GOP give him the opportunity to fully explain himself.

Ron's policies and statements about certain things are a little misunderstood, and the MSM and GOP ridicule him.

That's perfectly fair.

/sarcasm

Mithridates
12-06-2007, 09:59 AM

Ron Paul pretty much said the same thing in an interview yesterday actually (on Newsweek.com if you want to see it) when he was asked about the other candidates and Romney's upcoming speech, where he said that it was a pity that people were paying that much attention only to his religion as opposed to what his plans for the country were.

tonyr1988
12-06-2007, 10:01 AM
Thats not a fair assesment. There is not a single news channel or show that will let Ron Paul give a 15 min plus speech. NOT one show and not on every MSM channel at once. :mad:

True, there is a difference between a speech and an interview. At the same time, it's undeniable that any decent-length interview would help Paul clarify his stances (I don't mean to start another fight about it, so I left out interviewer names :D).

Mithridates
12-06-2007, 10:02 AM
Ah, here's Ron Paul's exact quote from yesterday:

"We live in times of great uncertainty when men of faith must stand up for American values and traditions before they are washed away in a sea of fear and relativism. I have never been one who is particularly comfortable talking about my faith in the political arena, and I find the pandering that typically occurs in the election season to be distasteful.

Our nation was founded to be a place where religion is freely practiced and differences are tolerated and respected. I come to my faith through Jesus Christ and have accepted him as my personal savior. At the same time, I have worked tirelessly to defend and restore individual rights and religious freedom for all Americans.

The recent attacks and insinuations, both direct and subtle, that Gov. Romney may be less fit to serve as president of our United States because of his faith fly in the face of everything America stands for. Gov. Romney should be judged fairly, on his record and his character, not on the church he attends."

maeqFREEDOMfree
12-06-2007, 03:40 PM
Incorrect. We do believe in the Bible. Typically, we use the KJV. Yes, we do have certain scriptures that we have the 'Joseph Smith' translation of. Just clarifications, according to our faith. We also have the Book of Mormon, aka 'Another Testimony of Christ'.

awesome i had no idea thanks :-)

Voluntaryist
12-06-2007, 03:44 PM

Religion shouldnt matter so much in a presidential election. Sadly, it does. What should matter more is the candidate's intentions toward religious freedom.

Heck, look at me for example. Im a hard-core atheist and I support Ron Paul, a Christian!

LibertyEagle
12-06-2007, 03:46 PM
Well, apparently he was also trying to out-Paul, Paul. Because this speech is all Rush Limbaugh had to talk about today. About how Romney was the only candidate talking about our Founding Fathers, the Constitution and what this country was designed to be. I thought I was going to fall out of my chair.

We need EXCELLENT radio ads and we need them NOW. Plus, if the campaign isn't going to ask Barry Goldwater, Jr. to do a few radio ads for Paul, then WE SHOULD ask him. I'm sick and tired of waiting for the campaign to get around to doing something!!! It looks like if we want something done, then we're going to have to do it ourselves. And YES, I am frustrated today.

Aballistar
12-06-2007, 03:46 PM
Obviously I'm a Paul supporter and would never vote for Romney... but you have to admit that was a damn good speech. Who are his writers? :)

Voluntaryist
12-06-2007, 03:48 PM
Obviously I'm a Paul supporter and would never vote for Romney... but you have to admit that was a damn good speech. Who are his writers? :)

Plastic dolls are known for looking good on the surface...

ProfNo
12-06-2007, 03:49 PM
Mitt is a hack...he would violate his oath of office (to the constitution) the moment he stepped into office and not stop until he left.

It is truly sickening to see people molest words like freedom, liberty and the constitution while at the same time talking about torture, perpetual war, and the patriot act.

Reminds me of NewSpeak...double plus good.

ronpaulblogsdotcom
12-06-2007, 04:48 PM

Ya no kidding. You don't rewrite a book of testament if you believed in the previous ones.

Notice how he is saying "men of faith"... I know their are mormons here but to non mormons even saying this is quite sexist. The founders of the LDS church thought they are saints or present day gods. At least the men. I hope people are reading between the lines.

Romney is kidding himself. Most of America will not vote for a strict Mormon if they know what that could mean or unless they are truly not checking facts. I still am not sure what type of Mormon he is, I have known some of failingly strict interpretation and still don't know which he is.

rasheedwallace
12-06-2007, 05:23 PM
I will not stand for this man as our president!

I feel like I am in a damn church.

church/used-car parking lot

beobeli
12-06-2007, 05:27 PM
The speech was unimpressive. But then again, it seems that America doesn't naturally go for impressive candidates. But don't stop showing the way