PDA

View Full Version : Liberty Activism Doesn't End With Ron and Rand Paul

PaleoPaul
09-30-2015, 11:00 AM
While I would love to see Rand Paul win the primaries, get nominated, win the election, and walk through the Oval Office doors on January 20, 2017, there is still so much more work to be done.

We REALLY need to start focusing on more state and local races. Get liberty-minded mayors, city councilmen, governors, and state legislators elected. I'd also recommend decent secretaries of state, too. Rumor has it it was Kathleen Harris who helped push Bush over the top in Florida back in 2000. If the SOS was a Democrat, we'd probably be discussing the legacy of President Gore.

As for federal elections, we need to be sending more liberty-minded people to the Senate, but we REALLY need to focus on the House. There are 435 Congressmen, and it takes 218 to pass a bill. We should set a goal of sending 100 liberty-minded people to the House, and once that's done, raise the goal to 150.

While the Presidency is important, so are these other offices.

Oh, and start taking over your county and state Republican Parties as well.

hells_unicorn
09-30-2015, 11:43 AM
I move to make some efforts to get John McCain out of the senate ASAP. If Rand doesn't pull this out, I at least want the satisfaction of seeing this vile demagogue listed as "former senator" when he's interviewed by the MSM.

dannno
09-30-2015, 11:59 AM
I put up with my progressive local government a lot better than I put up with my progressive Federal Govt... but hey why not, take over the Republican Party, get as many liberty candidates in as you can.. But I'd prefer to see more liberty Congress Critters and Senators and Presidents because they are the ones that can affect my three main issues, which is our foreign policy, federal reserve and federal taxes/spending.

PaleoPaul
09-30-2015, 12:17 PM
I put up with my progressive local government a lot better than I put up with my progressive Federal Govt... but hey why not, take over the Republican Party, get as many liberty candidates in as you can.. But I'd prefer to see more liberty Congress Critters and Senators and Presidents because they are the ones that can affect my three main issues, which is our foreign policy, federal reserve and federal taxes/spending.
The state and local governments can be equally, if not sometimes more, oppressive than the feds can.

PaleoPaul
09-30-2015, 12:17 PM
I move to make some efforts to get John McCain out of the senate ASAP. If Rand doesn't pull this out, I at least want the satisfaction of seeing this vile demagogue listed as "former senator" when he's interviewed by the MSM.
Kelli Ward would be awesome.

AngryCanadian
09-30-2015, 12:24 PM
I would love nothing more then to see the whole GOP defeated in 2016 the party needs re branding.

PaleoPaul
09-30-2015, 12:59 PM
I would love nothing more then to see the whole GOP defeated in 2016 the party needs re branding.
Well, it always starts at a state and local level. You can rebrand the national party all you want, but if the party at the state level isn't functioning properly, it's all for naught.