PDA

View Full Version : Politico's war against Rand Paul continues

Paulite
09-30-2015, 09:57 AM
Bevin backs Carson, not Paul

Rand Paul is coming back to Kentucky this weekend to campaign for embattled GOP gubernatorial nominee Matt Bevin, but when Bevin was asked at a radio debate this morning whom he supports in the presidential race, Bevin bypassed his longtime political ally.

"Of those still in the race right now, I like Ben Carson," Bevin said during the debate, hosted by the syndicated Kentucky Sports Radio. "He’s not taking shots at people. He’s intelligent. He’s articulate. He’s respected."

http://www.politico.com/story/2015/09/matt-bevin-backs-ben-carson-214260

[Mod Edit: Clarification from Bevin via Twitter]

PaleoPaul
09-30-2015, 10:05 AM
Well, if someone decided to back the establishment candidate and not me, I'd feel a little bitter myself.

I understand why Rand backed McConnell, but I'm looking at it through the prism of Bevin.

Mr.NoSmile
09-30-2015, 10:06 AM
Bevin backs Carson, not Paul

Rand Paul is coming back to Kentucky this weekend to campaign for embattled GOP gubernatorial nominee Matt Bevin, but when Bevin was asked at a radio debate this morning whom he supports in the presidential race, Bevin bypassed his longtime political ally.

"Of those still in the race right now, I like Ben Carson," Bevin said during the debate, hosted by the syndicated Kentucky Sports Radio. "He’s not taking shots at people. He’s intelligent. He’s articulate. He’s respected."

http://www.politico.com/story/2015/09/matt-bevin-backs-ben-carson-214260

Given how outlets outside of Politico have posted this, how does this constitute a continuing war? Not like Politico is the only news site reporting this news.

mit26chell
09-30-2015, 10:21 AM
Sorry but anyone who claims Ben Carson is 'articulate' should have no credibility. Ben Carson is anything but articulate. He's a mess - I couldn't tell you one of his policy positions after seeing him mumble in two debates now.

mit26chell
09-30-2015, 10:22 AM
Also, why would Bevin support Rand when Rand supported McConnell over him for Senate?

squirl22
09-30-2015, 10:25 AM
Politico has been leading the charge against Rand....

LatinsforPaul
09-30-2015, 10:33 AM
Really surprising when...

Rand Paul to campaign for Matt Bevin on Saturday (http://www.lex18.com/story/30148112/rand-paul-to-campaign-for-matt-bevin-on-saturday)

FRAKNFORT, Ky. (AP) - Republican Presidential candidate Rand Paul will campaign with Kentucky's Republican nominee for governor in Frankfort on Saturday.

Paul is scheduled to speak at a rally for Matt Bevin at Kentucky State University. The rally comes before a forum at the university focusing on minority issues that Bevin and his running mate are scheduled to attend.

According to a news release, Paul will talk about federal government overreach and how a Republican administration can push back against Democratic President Barack Obama's policies.

Patrick Henry
09-30-2015, 11:09 AM
https://twitter.com/MattBevin?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7 Ctwgr%5Eauthor

Matt Bevin ‏@MattBevin 2h2 hours ago
To be clear..I like Ben Carson, but am not endorsing him or anyone for POTUS..Have never endorsed in my life..If I did would #StandWithRand

Matt Collins
09-30-2015, 11:46 AM
https://twitter.com/MattBevin?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7 Ctwgr%5Eauthor

To be clear..I like Ben Carson, but am not endorsing him or anyone for POTUS..Have never endorsed in my life..If I did would #StandWithRand
Exactly.... the media is just trying to stir shit that doesn't exist

65fastback2+2
09-30-2015, 11:52 AM

Well that directly answers that lol

Brian4Liberty
09-30-2015, 11:56 AM

jaymur
09-30-2015, 11:58 AM
the world's top policeman.

Well that directly answers that lol

rich34
09-30-2015, 02:19 PM
Sorry but anyone who claims Ben Carson is 'articulate' should have no credibility. Ben Carson is anything but articulate. He's a mess - I couldn't tell you one of his policy positions after seeing him mumble in two debates now.

I thought the same thing when I read that. The man is a poser on the level of a Ted Cruz. Both have a common goal, to lead astray anyone that is anti establishment from Rand Paul. Thus far, their strategy is working. Here's to hoping Ron Paul comes out of retirement before the elections and gets the leave me alone coalition back together where they belong. Supporting Rand Paul, the true anti establishment candidate, regardless of perceived rhetoric.

Jan2017
09-30-2015, 02:28 PM
. . . Ben Carson is anything but articulate. He's a mess - I couldn't tell you one of his policy positions after seeing him mumble in two debates now.

Ben Carson is more a hypnotic presidential candidate . . . articulate (?) . . . in a room of two people he'd get drowned out.

supermario21
09-30-2015, 02:31 PM
Every time I think I'd like Carson because of his extremely calm, friendly demeanor he says something so batshit crazy that I realize I can't support him...But if you don't pay attention to his statements I can see why he's popular.

eleganz
09-30-2015, 03:03 PM
Given how outlets outside of Politico have posted this, how does this constitute a continuing war? Not like Politico is the only news site reporting this news.

Politico has spearheaded most of the largest attacks against Rand, then other entities just parroted Politico. Politico launched the "dysfunctional campaign" attack too a month or two ago.

idiom
09-30-2015, 03:17 PM

Articulate means he doesn't sound 'black'. Its a purely racist term that doesn't get filtered for some reason. The only other recent politiciaon to get noted for how articulate he was as a main characteristic was Barack Obama

squirl22
09-30-2015, 04:12 PM
Politico has spearheaded most of the largest attacks against Rand, then other entities just parroted Politico. Politico launched the "dysfunctional campaign" attack too a month or two ago.

Politico is notorious for doing this type of thing; lots of undisclosed sources, etc. Wonder who is paying them this time?

Maltheus
09-30-2015, 04:41 PM
If the media had been as supportive of Ron Paul, as they are his son, there's a good chance we'd have a President Paul in the White House right now. The truth is, Rand's campaign has been dysfunctional, despite everyone thinking he'd run it better than Ron. The media doesn't deserve the blame this time. Rand pivoted towards the establishment just as the base has finally started to pivot away.

CPUd
09-30-2015, 04:57 PM
If the media had been as supportive of Ron Paul, as they are his son, there's a good chance we'd have a President Paul in the White House right now. The truth is, Rand's campaign has been dysfunctional, despite everyone thinking he'd run it better than Ron. The media doesn't deserve the blame this time. Rand pivoted towards the establishment just as the base has finally started to pivot away.

You are with Politico?

Maltheus
09-30-2015, 05:36 PM
You are with Politico?

No, I'm just observant. Politico lost me when they ditched Disqus.

CPUd
09-30-2015, 06:24 PM
You are repeating talking points that originated from that site that run counter to the purpose of this forum, which is to support Rand and his campaign for POTUS. If you truly have issues with the way the campaign is being run, this is something you need to take directly to them, not aired out in public.

eleganz
09-30-2015, 06:44 PM
The truth is, Rand's campaign has been dysfunctional, despite everyone thinking he'd run it better than Ron.

Nobody called the campaign dysfunctional until Politico did it. It is annoying when people parrot the media in this manner.

nikcers
09-30-2015, 06:47 PM
Nobody called the campaign dysfunctional until Politico did it. It is annoying when people parrot the media in this manner.

Come on.. don't you know "everyday bluecollar americans" say the word floundering?

Feeding the Abscess
09-30-2015, 07:26 PM
Articulate means he doesn't sound 'black'. Its a purely racist term that doesn't get filtered for some reason. The only other recent politiciaon to get noted for how articulate he was as a main characteristic was Barack Obama

Rubio

Badger Paul
10-01-2015, 10:29 AM
"If I did would #StandWithRand"

Then why don't you then? Especially if he's taking his time out FROM HIS FREAKIN' PRESIDENTIAL CAMPAIGN to help you out. It's true Bevin certainly owes no loyalty to Rand after what happened last year but initial words speak volumes, because that's what you're really thinking, not clarification tweet after people call you on it.

LatinsforPaul
10-02-2015, 05:31 PM
Rand Paul: I'm not bothered by gubernatorial candidate voicing support for presidential rival (http://www.startribune.com/rand-paul-not-bothered-by-comment-on-presidential-race/330443321/)

U.S. Sen. Rand Paul sounded unfazed Friday by a surprising snub from his home state's Republican gubernatorial nominee, who indicated during a radio debate that he would vote for one of Paul's rivals in the 2016 GOP presidential race.

Paul said in a phone interview that he wholeheartedly supports Matt Bevin, who is trying to win back the governor's seat for Republicans in Kentucky. During a debate with Democratic opponent Jack Conway this week on a popular sports talk radio show, Bevin said he would vote for Ben Carson for president. Bevin made that choice shortly after his campaign announced that Paul would campaign with him on Saturday.

"It doesn't really bother me," Paul said Friday. "My concern is about trying to elect a Republican governor, and that's what I want to get done."

Paul said Friday he understands that with such a crowded field of GOP presidential candidates, not every Kentucky Republican will support him.

"It's really more about me supporting him (Bevin) than me asking him to support me," Paul said.

Paul said his presidential hopes wouldn't be undermined by Bevin's pro-Carson comment during the debate.

"I think it will be reported once or twice and probably forgotten," he said.

Meanwhile, Paul insisted that his campaign has ample money to wage a national campaign.

PCKY
10-02-2015, 06:00 PM
"If I did would #StandWithRand"

Then why don't you then? Especially if he's taking his time out FROM HIS FREAKIN' PRESIDENTIAL CAMPAIGN to help you out. It's true Bevin certainly owes no loyalty to Rand after what happened last year but initial words speak volumes, because that's what you're really thinking, not clarification tweet after people call you on it.
Bevin maxed out donating to Rand's Senate campaign and was spotted at his Presidential announcement in Louisville. He's kind of messed up as a candidate, though. He made some pretty odd ball comments and the Republican Governors Association has stopped running ads for him.

BarryDonegan
10-04-2015, 06:29 PM
Politico is notorious for doing this type of thing; lots of undisclosed sources, etc. Wonder who is paying them this time?

do you happen to be able to recall some articles from among a pattern of articles all using undisclosed sources that project and originate a narrative? I'd be interested into looking into something like that with a starting point.

Mr.NoSmile
10-04-2015, 08:37 PM
The turnout from the rally with Bevin doesn't look to have been that great.