PDA

View Full Version : Politico quote splattered all over the MSM against Rand came from a rival campaign

LatinsforPaul
09-29-2015, 07:09 PM
Pro-Rand Paul PAC isn’t shutting down, just asking Paul to be more libertarian (http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-politics/wp/2015/09/29/pro-rand-paul-pac-isnt-shutting-down-just-asking-paul-to-be-more-libertarian/)

Last week, the impression that Paul might even leave the race was fed by articles in Politico and the Daily Mail, quoting the same anonymous "GOP strategist" in saying that "the stench of death" wafted from the Paul campaign. (The strategist, whose identity was confirmed by the Washington Post, does work for a rival campaign.)

Rudeman
09-29-2015, 07:18 PM
So which campaign was it? Cruz would have a lot to gain if Rand dropped out. Trump just dislikes Rand. Christie and Graham irrational hatred. Not sure anyone else has the motivation for it.

PaleoPaul
09-29-2015, 07:20 PM
It's gotta be Cruz. There are a lot of "2012 and 2008 Ron Paul supporters" who are now on Team Ted.

squirl22
09-29-2015, 07:31 PM
It's Cruz...he's been going after Rand's money...how could a libertarian support Cruz? Don't get it....can't stand Cruz.

LatinsforPaul
09-29-2015, 07:37 PM
Google "the stench of death strategist Rand Paul" and see how the MSM repeated this all over the country in article after article thanks to a "strategist" from a rival (Cruz, Trump, Rubio) campaign.

eleganz
09-29-2015, 08:46 PM
F Cruz

"We are still 100 percent committed to electing Rand Paul. More donors are warming and becoming energized as a result of Rand's performance in the last debate. They really want a principled, libertarian voice on issues like foreign policy, tax cuts, and criminal justice reform"

Crane certainly didn't think so. "I'm still 'standing with Rand,' as they say, and there's no one else I can think of supporting," he said. "I did get direct e-mail from the Cruz operation for the first time today. I’m sure that was related to all this."

kbs021
09-29-2015, 08:56 PM
Guess they didn't like us calling out his vote on the CR from thursday.

PaleoPaul
09-29-2015, 09:02 PM
C'mon. There's gotta be SOME dirt on Cruz. Cheated on the bar exam? Fathered a baby out of wedlock? Legal ethics violation? SOMETHING.

eleganz
09-29-2015, 09:09 PM
Seriously, David Weigel is awesome, he has been a media ally for Rand when it counted, like today.

kbs021
09-29-2015, 09:09 PM
How about voted for spending increases twice. He did do a complete 180 on birthright citizenship which was pretty crazy..

PaleoPaul
09-29-2015, 09:13 PM
Seriously, David Weigel is awesome, he has been a media ally for Rand when it counted, like today.
Weigel has always been fair. :)

libertyplz
09-29-2015, 09:17 PM
The media is truly shameless. How is someone working with a rival campaign a credible source? Even worse that the articles never disclosed that the person making the comments was working for a rival campaign. Props to Weigel for writing something about it, but wow, many in the media seem to get an idea of what narrative they want to set and will do whatever they can to get the story they want. "Hmm I need to write an article to show Rand is doing poorly, let me go to a rival campaign and give them complete anonymity and pass it off as a legitimate source."

Okaloosa
09-29-2015, 09:41 PM
C'mon. There's gotta be SOME dirt on Cruz. Cheated on the bar exam? Fathered a baby out of wedlock? Legal ethics violation? SOMETHING.

The dirt he will never be President, he can not win in a general election. I walked precincts in 2013 for Ken Cuccinelli in Virginia. Cruz was the guy blamed for the shutdown. While Rand was helping Ken because of a LP on the ballot gaining traction. Cruz is a net negative in the sense he turns off people from the Republicans because of his shutdown. Rand gets younger voters and Libertarians. What matters is policy not stunts and rhetoric from Cruz.

hells_unicorn
09-29-2015, 09:44 PM
The dirt he will never be President, he can not win in a general election. I walked precincts in 2013 for Ken Cuccinelli in Virginia. Cruz was the guy blamed for the shutdown. While Rand was helping Ken because of a LP on the ballot gaining traction. Cruz is a net negative in the sense he turns off people from the Republicans because of his shutdown. Rand gets younger voters and Libertarians. What matters is policy not stunts and rhetoric from Cruz.

I'm pretty confident that, outside of Texas, no state would have ever elected Cruz as a senator. It's even kind of hard picturing mostly red states like Utah and Kansas going for the sort of nonsense he usually pulls.

RonPaulFanInGA
09-29-2015, 10:35 PM
Last week, the impression that Paul might even leave the race was fed by articles in Politico and the Daily Mail, quoting the same anonymous "GOP strategist" in saying that "the stench of death" wafted from the Paul campaign. (The strategist, whose identity was confirmed by the Washington Post, does work for a rival campaign.)

Surprise, surprise.

Cruz's decaying campaign is merely projecting. All that butt-kissing for millionaire sugar daddies, and he's still a single-digit candidate. It must suck to whore yourself out so heavily for nothing.

devil21
09-29-2015, 10:41 PM

Thread devoted to Cruz and his wife's heinous history. Should make any libertarian flee in terror...
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?432689-Ted-Cruz-and-Wife-Heidi-Nelson-Cruz-Bios

Support Cruz if you like Goldman, CFR, John Ashcroft, GWB, World Bank, etc.

Batman
09-29-2015, 10:44 PM
How about Ron jus come out in 2018 and endorse Cruz missile's Democratic opponent for Senate. Get this snake out of my Texas boot.

hells_unicorn
09-29-2015, 10:53 PM
How about Ron jus come out in 2018 and endorse Cruz missile's Democratic opponent for Senate. Get this snake out of my Texas boot.

Does Ron have a family in Texas that could run? I'd say a better strategy would be to primary Cruz with a real liberty proponent comparable to Amash and Massie rather than having to deal with an equally bad Democrat.

Batman
09-29-2015, 10:57 PM
Does Ron have a family in Texas that could run? I'd say a better strategy would be to primary Cruz with a real liberty proponent comparable to Amash and Massie rather than having to deal with an equally bad Democrat.

It's really hard to get rid of an incumbent in Texas, even with a popular challenger. He's set for life. Unless he times his endorsement in October and gets a Ron Paul bandwagon going, Cruz is stuck. Our only consolation is Crony'in probably indulges a bit much on the CFS gravy. So there might be an open spot in the Senate soon.

Jonderdonk
09-29-2015, 11:22 PM

Robert Paul. Doctor in Fort Worth. Brother of Randal Paul, son of Ronald Paul.

I've met the dude... He has such a winning personality.

libertyplz
09-29-2015, 11:47 PM
Robert Paul. Doctor in Fort Worth. Brother of Randal Paul, son of Ronald Paul.

I've met the dude... He has such a winning personality.

I've seen him speak in Youtube videos, he seems like a good and genuine person. There were efforts to get him to run in 2012, but he obviously turned it down. This is what he had to say at the time:

After flirting with the idea of campaigning to become a U.S. Senator from Texas, Robert Paul, son of Rep. Ron Paul, R-Texas, and brother of Sen. Rand Paul, R-Ky., has had a change of heart.

Robert Paul told a group of students at the University of North Texas he isn't ready to enter the race to replace retiring Republican Senator Kay Bailey Hutchison, according to the Fort Worth Star-Telegram.

"I'm never going to say I won't ever run for office, but I think running for Senate probably is not going to happen this time," Paul told the group.

His dad Ron, a Republican Texas congressman and prolific fundraiser with libertarian views, has been a darling of young conservatives since his presidential run in 2008 and Robert, a Fort Worth doctor, is concerned that some voters expect him to be too much like his old man.

"I'm honored that people think I'm ready to run, but I think they want me to run because I'm related to Ron Paul," he said. "I think the biggest thing I have that's similar to my dad is that I'm honest."

Rand Paul, another of Ron Paul's sons has separated himself from his father's shadow as a Tea Party Republican senator from Kentucky. He is considering a presidential run in 2012, but says he'll only run if his father decides not to.

Robert, who describes himself as a fiscally conservative, anti-war Republican, didn't rule out running for office altogether, but he says the 2012 race for the Texas Senate seat isn't the place to start.

I wouldn't be opposed to Robert Paul running for office of some kind, I would support him, though I don't recommend him challenging Cruz, don't think that would workout very well. Not to bring this off subject (just thinking of liberty oriented people in general that may run in the future), but I wonder if Brannon will ever run again, he would have been brilliant and a great pick up in North Carolina.

Liberty74
09-30-2015, 05:24 AM
Why is the media and Trump all worried about Paul's whole "1%?"

Again, with about 7 other candidates below Paul in polling, why is the establishment and government controlled media worried about Paul? There's not a whole lot of votes to go around according to Trump.

We all know the answer. Paul is the real deal. A true rebel.

luctor-et-emergo
09-30-2015, 05:36 AM

Again, with about 7 other candidates below Paul in polling, why is the establishment and government controlled media worried about Paul? There's not a whole lot of votes to go around according to Trump.

They are scared because they cannot win on the facts or the issues. Rand is with the majority of the American public most of they time and they know it. Rand doesn't need loads of money to win, he needs some fair coverage and people will flock to him. That's why they are scared.

Rudeman
09-30-2015, 02:37 PM

They want Rand out now and not risk him actually surging or doing well in the Iowa caucus. There are candidates doing worse than Rand yet they keep trying to push Rand out and don't say a word about the others.

Remember McCain was dead according to the pollsters then he won NH. Santorum was a nobody, then he did well in Iowa. Polls don't matter right now other than fundraising, getting in the debates and potential tv time.

Badger Paul
10-01-2015, 10:44 AM
Say what you want about Rand, but any former Ron Paul supporter who supports Cruz has no idea what the Revolution was all about in the first place. It wasn't about propping up this Ivy League popenjay whose in it for himself, not a cause.

I'll save you the trouble Bob, not a million years. I hope other Paul supporters say the same thing. Ridiculous.