PDA

View Full Version : Paul dead last in Fox poll

Bradley in DC
06-28-2007, 10:10 PM
FOX News/Opinion Dynamics Poll. (http://www.pollingreport.com/wh08rep.htm) June 26-27, 2007. N=900 registered voters nationwide. Results below are among Republican voters (MoE ± 6).

"If the 2008 Republican presidential primary were held today, for whom would you vote if the candidates were [see below]?" Names rotated

6/26-27/07 %
Rudy Giuliani 29 (up from 22)
John McCain 17 (15)
Fred Thompson 15 (13)
Newt Gingrich 8 (8)
Mitt Romney 8 (10)
Mike Huckabee 3 (3)
Tommy Thompson 2 (2)
Sam Brownback 1 (-)
Chuck Hagel 1 (1)
Duncan Hunter 1 (1)
Tom Tancredo 1 (1)
Jim Gilmore - (-)
Ron Paul - (down from 2)
Other (vol.) 1
Unsure 11
Wouldn't vote (vol.) 2

Full results here (http://www.foxnews.com/projects/pdf/062807_release_web.pdf)

DavyDuke17
06-28-2007, 10:16 PM
Whatever. We have no choice but to keep working regardless of what the polls say.

JoshLowry
06-28-2007, 10:18 PM
I can't wait to come back to this poll in a year and a half.

It will make a great print out. :D

Mani
06-28-2007, 10:18 PM
Whatever. We have no choice but to keep working regardless of what the polls say.

We have not yet begun to fight!

UtahApocalypse
06-28-2007, 10:19 PM
A Fox News Poll?? LOL that tells everything

singapore_sling
06-28-2007, 10:23 PM
Anyone dumb enough to respond to a fox news poll or watch fox news isn't smart enough to vote for Ron Paul.

JoshLowry
06-28-2007, 10:23 PM
Let's do a RonPaulForums.com Poll. :rolleyes:

paulitics
06-28-2007, 10:31 PM
This is BS. These polls are basically saying that Ron pauls internet success does not exist. That there are no meet up groups with 16,000 members, and millions of Ron Paul videos watched and articles read, That the message of peace and liberty only resonates with "spammers" .

dmitchell
06-28-2007, 10:32 PM
This does not concern me. Not at all.

wecandoit
06-28-2007, 10:34 PM
Blatant propaganda. They have their hero Rudy G. with a 12 point lead after a whopping 7 point increase from the last polling! LOL! He has been sinking like a rock everywhere else.

This is like changing an F on your report card to an A, couldn't just settle for a B now could ya?, ya think we're stupid?

IrrigatedPancake
06-28-2007, 10:42 PM
Have there been any polls taken of the general population? If all meetup group members randomly polled 5 or 10 people in the phone book or around town and the answers were collected, maybe a decent cross section of the country could be put together.

csen
06-28-2007, 10:42 PM
Everything about this poll is suspicious. First of all, McCain's falling like a rock -- on intrade he's down to 7.1% vs Paul's 2.6%, and he's supposedly in second place? And Rudy with a commanding lead? How many times did Hannity vote in this poll?

paulitics
06-28-2007, 10:46 PM
"Have there been any polls taken of the general population? If all meetup group members randomly polled 5 or 10 people in the phone book or around town and the answers were collected, maybe a decent cross section of the country could be put together"

Im beginning to think this mght be necessary to ensure his particpation in future debates.

Therion
06-28-2007, 10:49 PM
The other day I was out with my friends gathering supplies for the July 3rd thing, and a girl we know works next to the art store, so we go in to see her. We ask if she's going to vote for Ron Paul, and the owner is standing next to her and mentions that he likes Ron Paul. I think it's interesting, especially since it's Maryland and Democrats outnumber Republicans 2:1. So if Ron Paul is really at 2%, then the odds of meeting this guy out of the blue should have been .6%(?).

Probably a coincidence, but just a little strange.

dmitchell
06-28-2007, 10:51 PM
This poll seems woefully unrealistic. It claims that 61% of Republicans approve of Bush and 51% approve of congressional Republicans. I just don't see how that can be given the immigration fiasco. Unless Fox is polling the stupidly uninformed?

CJLauderdale4
06-28-2007, 10:52 PM
Every other MSM poll I've seen had Ron Paul up to 2-3%, and Romney or Fred Thompson leading.

FoxNoise obviously supporting Murdoch's lawyer (Giuliani).

Mitt Romneys sideburns
06-28-2007, 10:55 PM
Im gona call up Hannity tomorrow and confess.

Its me. For several months now I have been spamming the internet to make it seem as if there are 10s of thousands of people out there who support Ron Paul.

Those videos you see of people waving ron paul signs. Well, thats just clever video editing.

DAZ
06-28-2007, 10:55 PM
Let's do a RonPaulForums.com Poll. :rolleyes:

Great Idea! I wonder who will win.......:D

CraigMcCra
06-28-2007, 11:00 PM
do not listen to the msm polls. listen to the people.

ecliptic
06-28-2007, 11:20 PM
Anyone dumb enough to respond to a fox news poll or watch fox news isn't smart enough to vote for Ron Paul.

Boycott all corporate media.

Ignore the propoganda and fight on. We have the power, all they can do is disinformation, distraction and lies. Their weapons are no longer effective. Their credibility is lost forever. The corporate media has sold us all down the river. They are no longer relevant. In the last year alone The Washington Post lost 3% of subscribers. Soon Apple iPhone's will put the web everywhere...
... and Apple TV gadgets allow you to disconnect your Television from corporate cable and obtain all your video from the World Wild Web. This is a content revolution which will make the Ron Paul re>love<ution so many times more powerful. Times are changin'

The People Awake!

ecliptic
06-28-2007, 11:22 PM
This poll seems woefully unrealistic. It claims that 61% of Republicans approve of Bush and 51% approve of congressional Republicans. I just don't see how that can be given the immigration fiasco. Unless Fox is polling the stupidly uninformed?
see:

The Worst President and Congress EVER !!! (http://prisonplanet.com/articles/june2007/280607theworst.htm)

BillyBeer
06-28-2007, 11:25 PM
Its Fox News

Man from La Mancha
06-28-2007, 11:33 PM
Apparently the Tavistock think tanks are getting worried or planning?

BillyBeer
06-28-2007, 11:35 PM
Im gona call up Hannity tomorrow and confess.

Its me. For several months now I have been spamming the internet to make it seem as if there are 10s of thousands of people out there who support Ron Paul.

Those videos you see of people waving ron paul signs. Well, thats just clever video editing.

To get through the screeners you will have to call Sean and a great American and say some nonsense like we need to support the troops and win in Iraq.

nayjevin
06-29-2007, 12:53 AM
EDUCATION PEOPLE

They post right above the poll exactly why it should not be trusted.

N=900 registered voters nationwide. Results below are among Republican voters (MoE ± 6)

they only asked 900 people. and they only asked people who have voted before (no one 21 and under) and they only asked people who have voted before AS REPUBLICANS. and the margin of error is plus or minus 6%?

completely unscientific.

Silverback
06-29-2007, 01:04 AM
Murdoch wants a Giuliani/Clinton general election. There's no way a FOX poll can be trusted to indicate anything but what he wants it to indicate.

I travel in neocon circles and I haven't met a Giuliani supporter in weeks. That bombshell that he blew off the Iraq study group to go give paid speeches should be the kiss of death. (No wonder he'd "never heard that" huh?)

A nil result indicates a problem with the poll, maybe they didn't even record or even ask about Paul, or maybe the questions asked were slanted, or maybe they just called everybody who voted for paul a Libertarian so they didn't register.

Wyurm
06-29-2007, 03:53 AM
I'll say it again. Ignore the MSM and their not so un-biased polls. Go to Meetup.com and look at the numbers. Polls and site traffic ratings can give a false reading, but Meetup numbers show who is actually willing to get off their butts to actually campaign and actually go to the polls that really matter (the primaries).

ShaneC
06-29-2007, 04:00 AM
100% of former New Yorkers that I have polled disagree with Guiliani.

(This poll has an error factor of 0. Polling sample consisted of 2 with a definitive answer from 2).

LibertyEagle
06-29-2007, 05:58 AM
100% of former New Yorkers that I have polled disagree with Guiliani.

(This poll has an error factor of 0. Polling sample consisted of 2 with a definitive answer from 2).

:D :D :D Oops... :D :D

buffalokid777
06-29-2007, 06:06 AM
Boycott all corporate media.

Ignore the propoganda and fight on. We have the power, all they can do is disinformation, distraction and lies. Their weapons are no longer effective. Their credibility is lost forever. The corporate media has sold us all down the river. They are no longer relevant. In the last year alone The Washington Post lost 3% of subscribers. Soon Apple iPhone's will put the web everywhere...
... and Apple TV gadgets allow you to disconnect your Television from corporate cable and obtain all your video from the World Wild Web. This is a content revolution which will make the Ron Paul re>love<ution so many times more powerful. Times are changin'

The People Awake!

YOU ARE SO CORRECT!!!

THANK GOD FOR THE IPHONE!

Today once people start buying iphones up.....On a commercial they touted You Tube access is integrated.....

You tube is quickly becoming 1 big feel good Ron Paul TV highlight reel.....

I think you are so right....the iphone release will help Ron Paul more than any other candidate!

ChicagoLawyer
06-29-2007, 06:07 AM
I think this poll and the history of it (what the numbers were on the same candidates over the last few months) show that other than a few political junkies like us NO ONE is paying much attention to the race. Other than the "frontrunners" the highest any candidate has received all year in this poll is, I think, 4% for Tommy Thompson, and now 3% for Huckabee. This poll is all about name recognition. Ron Paul has almost no name recognition. The same can be said for the other "lower tier" candidates, except maybe Tommy Thompson (a lot of GOPers admire him for welfare reform), and his low numbers therefore speak volumes about his chances.

Howard Dean was at a similar level in June 2003. He had the media pushing him, thought, whereas Ron doesn't have that yet (although Comedy Central has helped out!). Ignore these polls for a while and try to get Ron's name out there. The polls will follow.

mdh
06-29-2007, 06:14 AM
How does one vote in this poll? I am a registered voter and would like to. Thank you, Fox News.

MsDoodahs
06-29-2007, 06:34 AM
EDUCATION PEOPLE

They post right above the poll exactly why it should not be trusted.

they only asked 900 people. and they only asked people who have voted before (no one 21 and under) and they only asked people who have voted before AS REPUBLICANS. and the margin of error is plus or minus 6%?

completely unscientific.

Completely MANIPULATED.

They designed it to have the precise results they wanted.

Do NOT be discouraged by such silliness.

In fact, be ENCOURAGED.

They're worried.

LibertyEagle
06-29-2007, 06:53 AM
Whether it is, or isn't true, we have no choice, but to get out there and keep trying with all our might. We have to win this thing, come hell or high water, if we want to have liberty, much less a country. There is no "do over" in this game!

FluffyUnbound
06-29-2007, 07:03 AM
I think this poll and the history of it (what the numbers were on the same candidates over the last few months) show that other than a few political junkies like us NO ONE is paying much attention to the race. Other than the "frontrunners" the highest any candidate has received all year in this poll is, I think, 4% for Tommy Thompson, and now 3% for Huckabee. This poll is all about name recognition. Ron Paul has almost no name recognition. The same can be said for the other "lower tier" candidates, except maybe Tommy Thompson (a lot of GOPers admire him for welfare reform), and his low numbers therefore speak volumes about his chances.

Howard Dean was at a similar level in June 2003. He had the media pushing him, thought, whereas Ron doesn't have that yet (although Comedy Central has helped out!). Ignore these polls for a while and try to get Ron's name out there. The polls will follow.

I think the real problem with the current polls is probably the "likely primary voter" model.

It allows for the unilateral determination on the part of those conducting the poll that a given respondent isn't a likely primary voter.

They rely on self-description for part of the model, but also on things like whether you say you voted in the last primary, and whether you say you recently changed your registration.

So if you didn't vote in the last primary cycle because you hate Bush and no one ran against him, you aren't a likely primary voter.

dspectre
06-29-2007, 07:42 AM
I know that A does not necessarily imply B...that is the things fox news does as journalism does not mean there polling is untrustworthy. However, I have have a hard time trusting anything from Fox....watch this...

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=6165298789733978305&q=Ron+Paul&total=3804&start=0&num=10&so=3&type=search&plindex=3

Captain Shays
06-29-2007, 09:20 AM
How many of you were Polled? Just wondering. I know I wasn't. I don't even know anybody who was. Do you? Just go around and ask everyone that you know and see and come in contact with. Have you ever been polled about the presidential candidates? I'll bet if you ask 1,000, you might find one or two. Try it. Tell everyone you ask to try it too. You'll see......
Its all bullshit.

angelatc
06-29-2007, 09:46 AM
I have to admit that the real people that I come into contact with do not know Ron Paul either.

tnvoter
06-29-2007, 09:52 AM
Blatant propaganda. They have their hero Rudy G. with a 12 point lead after a whopping 7 point increase from the last polling! LOL! He has been sinking like a rock everywhere else.

This is like changing an F on your report card to an A, couldn't just settle for a B now could ya?, ya think we're stupid?

http://img512.imageshack.us/img512/1637/abyi9.jpg

Give me liberty
06-29-2007, 09:54 AM
I can see that fox news is on the pay roll.
thats why they have rudy always on the top.

and why should we be worried about this neocon poll?

Ira Aten
06-29-2007, 09:55 AM
Hey guys and gals. About a week back, I went to (of all people) Dick Morris's online poll as to who won the last Republican debate, and Ron Paul was at 70 %, while nobody in the entire field BUT Ron Paul reached over a 9 % rating.

Hell, Fox News didn't even believe their own poll on the night of the debate, when the "Great HOMELANDER" Sean Hannity assumed his possum-like shit eating grin and reported "Surprisingly, Ron Paul is leading with 29 % of the text messages."

Then he, and Carl Cameron, (another "Great Homelander") proceeded to discuss how Ron Paul was out of the race, and that their own poll was not correct, as Ron Paul supporters text messaged their vote.

I wouldn't concern myself with Fox or CNN or any other polls.

I think Ron Paul has a chance with a Write In campaign, because he will not be on the "Republican" ticket because the "You are a Great Homelander" party will NEVER nominate an actual Republican/Constitutionalist as the Nominee of the new "Great Homelander" party.

Scribbler de Stebbing
06-29-2007, 10:04 AM
I think we should entirely ignore polls until after the 2nd quarter finance reports come out. We may then find the "scientific" pollsters miraculously correcting themselves. Or they may succeed in covering up his fundraising success as well.

mconder
06-29-2007, 10:35 AM
This is a flat out lie that Paul went from 2 to less than 1 percent. Support in my area is growing by the day. This is obviously a physiological warfare tactic!

AZ Libertarian
06-29-2007, 10:55 AM
HEY! You spelled the topic wrong... It should read;

"Paul dead last in Faux poll"

The Dane
06-29-2007, 10:56 AM
RP is on 2% stable now, before he was at 0-2%, usually 1%.

The last 5 to 8 - state and nationwide polls put him at 2%, except this one.

dspectre
06-29-2007, 11:07 AM
Actually I gave the wrong link...this is the link I meant to paste here...the one that shows Fox is a real sham...

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=6165298789733978305&q=Ron+Paul&total=3804&start=0&num=10&so=3&type=search&plindex=3

Bob Cochran
06-29-2007, 11:50 AM
Blatant propaganda. They have their hero Rudy G...
I agree. There is no way the Fox numbers are real.

Original_Intent
06-29-2007, 12:12 PM
The only 2008 bumper stickers, yard signs etc I have seen are for Ron Paul. I am in Utah and I have yet to see even a Mitt Romney sticker or yard sign.

My sister works in SLC and she told me yesterday that she hss seen several RP banners/yardsigns - again nothing that she has noticed for any other candidate.

I flat out do not believe the polls. So-called "scientific" polls are so open to abuse it is a joke.

jd603
06-29-2007, 12:17 PM
Yeah , after that first FOX debate when Ron won in the polls, they changed up, they wanted to make sure that didn't happen again, they rigged polls, period.

ecliptic
06-29-2007, 01:12 PM
The only 2008 bumper stickers, yard signs etc I have seen are for Ron Paul. I am in Utah and I have yet to see even a Mitt Romney sticker or yard sign.

My sister works in SLC and she told me yesterday that she hss seen several RP banners/yardsigns - again nothing that she has noticed for any other candidate.

I flat out do not believe the polls. So-called "scientific" polls are so open to abuse it is a joke.

Exactly. Believe your own eyes - Ron Paul is a serious threat to the establishment and they will lie, cheat, steal, even assassinate to hold on to their crooked political system.

Nothing they do can stop this freight train... not even another huge phony falsified "terror" attack...