PDA

View Full Version : Rand Paul on CNN: How did presidential race sink to such depths?

LatinsforPaul
09-28-2015, 07:30 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iUm1EOwjlJM

Jan2017
09-28-2015, 07:43 AM
Rand : "I think we will be around just as long as Trump - or longer"

Rand is right - this is the way the journalism media decides how to vet out the candidates ?

The economy-themed debate in four weeks . . . we just hope the journalism media allows discussion of all candidates and their books as well.

amartin315
09-28-2015, 07:47 AM
i wish he would cut out the 30 seconds he uses to promote his opposition to bulk data collection and use it more to talk about his fiscal policy and how we need to cut warfare and welfare both together

cindy25
09-28-2015, 08:27 AM
media, anger, declining standard of living

just look at the GOP senate candidates, starting in 2010. same thing. media creations.

Kade
09-28-2015, 08:33 AM
A severe lack of intelligence in the voting public. Media extremist aggrandizing. The history channel turning into Aliens building Pyramids. 'Compromise' as a bad word. People not understanding in general how to debate. Misinterpretation of bad polling.

Push Polling. (Luntz in general)

Personally I think it is the lunatics thinking they are in the majority, or when they know they are not, thinking 'to hell with everyone else'.

cindy25
09-28-2015, 08:36 AM
Rand : "I think we will be around just as long as Trump - or longer"

Rand is right - this is the way the journalism media decides how to vet out the candidates ?

The economy-themed debate in four weeks . . . we just hope the journalism media allows discussion of all candidates and their books as well.

they won't; there are already rumors of a 5% rule

mello
09-28-2015, 09:52 AM
Is the full video out yet?

squirl22
09-28-2015, 10:48 AM

But then they will cut out Christie....what to do what to do...

jllundqu
09-28-2015, 10:54 AM
If Rand gets cut from the next debate... He should go third party. Fuck the GOP... Fuck em hard.

jct74
09-28-2015, 11:01 AM
full tube

PCKY
09-28-2015, 05:44 PM
But then they will cut out Christie....what to do what to do...
So if Rand and Christie are both cut, then they should go toe to toe on their own. I bet the ratings would be better.

PaleoPaul
09-28-2015, 05:55 PM
If so, time to stage a protest outside the RNC Headquarters. The Democrats have been staging protests outside the DNC Headquarters because Debbie Wasserman-Schultz won't allow for more debates.

cindy25
09-28-2015, 05:58 PM
A severe lack of intelligence in the voting public. Media extremist aggrandizing. The history channel turning into Aliens building Pyramids. 'Compromise' as a bad word. People not understanding in general how to debate. Misinterpretation of bad polling.

Push Polling. (Luntz in general)

Personally I think it is the lunatics thinking they are in the majority, or when they know they are not, thinking 'to hell with everyone else'.

the stupidity of the American people is much of the problem. uneducated farmers understood the Alien and Sedition act better than college grads today understand the Patriot act.
just look at TV-its getting dumber and dumber compared to what was on in the 60s.
there is also a massive increase in sports, maybe the equivalent of the circus of ancient Rome

Mike4Freedom
09-28-2015, 05:59 PM
deleted

opinionatedfool
09-28-2015, 06:38 PM
Keep saying he is done, it just pisses me off and makes me donate more
Here are your transaction details:
Donation amount: $25.00
Transaction date/time: 09/28/2015
Transaction ID: ch_16qBTuJjFVh2yjdvUC8GSZoA

It really ticks me off how they keep saying rand is next even though there are ten others polling really low. I don't see anyone asking Huckabee why he doesnt drop out. Stupid media

09-28-2015, 06:42 PM
If Rand gets cut from the next debate... He should go third party. Fuck the GOP... Fuck em hard.
I agree and wouldn't blame him one bit if he did.

Jan2017
09-28-2015, 07:14 PM
Rand is not going to be cut by CNBC for this debate . . .
but note . . .

Outcry from CU-Boulder students about limited seating at GOP debate
Students calling on debate organizers to prioritize university community

http://www.dailycamera.com/cu-news/ci_28879339/outcry-from-cu-boulder-students-about-limited-seating

Feelgood
09-28-2015, 09:06 PM

LOL and by this logic, if Trump doesnt get it he should run third party? Third party should be off the table period. If Rand is not it, let the country fall further and then Rand can try again in 2020 with his "I told you so" ad campaign.

TheTexan
09-28-2015, 09:40 PM
If Rand were to run third party it would ruin his son's chances at running for President in 2032.

Jackie Moon
09-28-2015, 09:40 PM
Wow... a friendly, extended, in person sit down interview. That was great.

Rand had that same loose, happy, energetic, confident attitude. She was surprisingly friendly with her questions and comments that she set him up with, and then let him speak and get his points out.

Whenever possible there is clearly a huge advantage to doing these interviews in studio.

Keep saying he is done, it just pisses me off and makes me donate more
Here are your transaction details:
Donation amount: $25.00
Transaction date/time: 09/28/2015
Transaction ID: ch_16qBTuJjFVh2yjdvUC8GSZoA

+ Rep

Jan2017
09-29-2015, 05:45 AM
Wow... a friendly, extended, in person sit down interview. That was great.
. . .
Whenever possible there is clearly a huge advantage to doing these interviews in studio.

I said this before, and the campaign and Rand have now done a couple recent in-studio interviews like with Bill Hemmer.
The interviews from Capitol Hill have not been working out as well. It seems in-studio gets a better interview, imo.

FriedChicken
09-29-2015, 06:57 AM
Interview was ok, good even.

two things: Your tax plan isn't 14.5% for EVERYONE ... stop saying that! That will not get anyone on your side. I've made around 22k the past couple years, work all the time and have 3 kids. When I heard him say that my eyes bulged.
It shouldn't be the interviewers job to point out that low income families won't have to pay 14.5%, its your job to start your sentence that way.

Secondly I'm solidly now agreeing with everyone who wants Rand to eliminate "I think" from his vocabulary. It was a good interview but there is a big difference between saying "I think I'm a unique candidate" vs. "I'm a unique candidate". "I think the race will get to more substance" vs. "The race will come down to more substance".

If he came off as being more confident it will help.

erowe1
09-29-2015, 07:15 AM
LOL and by this logic, if Trump doesnt get it he should run third party? Third party should be off the table period. If Rand is not it, let the country fall further and then Rand can try again in 2020 with his "I told you so" ad campaign.

Of course Trump should run third party. Frankly, he should really run as a Democrat, like his policy twin Bernie Sanders is doing.

Why should it be off the table?

Kade
09-29-2015, 07:24 AM
Of course Trump should run third party. Frankly, he should really run as a Democrat, like his policy twin Bernie Sanders is doing.

Why should it be off the table?

Liberals don't support Trump. Democratic primary voters don't support Trump. Progressives don't support Trump. Environmentalists don't support Trump. Labor doesn't support Trump. The Christian left does not support Trump. Ethnic minorities don't support Trump.

That leaves maybe the Centrist and Conservative faction of the Democratic Party.. why would he run as a Democratic nominee?

erowe1
09-29-2015, 07:28 AM
Liberals don't support Trump.

Trump has a lot of supporters, and every one of them, as proven by the fact that they support Trump, is a flaming liberal. These are not people who would ever dream of voting in a Republican primary if Trump weren't running.

Trump is much too far to the left to aim for Democrat centrists. He should be competing with Sanders for the extreme left. Sanders is not as liberal as Trump is.

Liberty74
09-29-2015, 07:28 AM
I agree and wouldn't blame him one bit if he did.

I'm all in favor for an Indy run.

Fuck them all.

Kade
09-29-2015, 07:34 AM
Trump has a lot of supporters, and every one of them, as proven by the fact that they support Trump, is a flaming liberal. These are not people who would ever dream of voting in a Republican primary if Trump weren't running.

Trump is much too far to the left to aim for Democrat centrists. He should be competing with Sanders for the extreme left. Sanders is not as liberal as Trump is.

That simply isn't true, just because you say it. Liberals utterly despise Trump. Can we move away with the defining people for them? Polarization is such a nasty thing, and it really doesn't add to conversation or debate.

Liberty74
09-29-2015, 07:38 AM

That's just stupid logic. Let the 2 party false system get bigger, more powerful, and more people get enslaved? If the establishment including the media blacks out Rand like Ron, then attacks after his rise like Ron, THEY aren't going to wake up in 4 years and say "okay." What world do you people live in?

60% of the voters want a THIRD OPTION. Why not give it to them and let the chips fall where they fall. There needs to be a shock to the system. Playing this internal party bullshit game that Ron and Rand has been doing for almost 3 decades has gotten us where? Exactly!!!

It's doesn't have to be Rand, it just has to be someone very comparable. I'm not beholden to one person. Rather about seriously changing things, the system. You can't change the system with the current two party mafia's in charge.

Some of you are so asleep.

georgiaboy
09-29-2015, 11:19 AM
At first watch this seemed liked a negatively tilted interview. The lead-ins about McDonald's comments, showing his video, the Politico statement, all seemed to give a negative first impression.

I rewatched, and I could see where the interviewer actually tried to help Rand with questions like 'what do you think about that', or 'set the record straight for us on this'.

Perhaps most helpful was her followup about Rand's tax plan, where she asked about the rate for low income earners. Hello Rand! lead with 'tax cut for everyone'!

Polish up those talking points, and yeah, lead with conviction. You have the right message, plans, and you can do this, Rand!

devil21
09-29-2015, 10:35 PM
Looks like twitter war is brewing between Rand and Trump.

Rand: I'll outlast Trump

Trump: Rand will drop out first

Rand: ???? - to be continued, stay tuned

I like that Rand is forcing himself into the media by goading Trump.

TheTexan
09-30-2015, 12:19 AM
How can you not like Putin?

http://assets.nydailynews.com/polopoly_fs/1.1310670!/img/httpImage/image.jpg_gen/derivatives/article_970/putin.jpg

erowe1
10-01-2015, 01:16 PM

erowe1
10-01-2015, 01:16 PM
Liberals don't support Trump. Democratic primary voters don't support Trump. Progressives don't support Trump. Environmentalists don't support Trump. Labor doesn't support Trump. The Christian left does not support Trump. Ethnic minorities don't support Trump.

That leaves maybe the Centrist and Conservative faction of the Democratic Party.. why would he run as a Democratic nominee?

I just saw this headline today. Labor does support Trump.
http://conservativeintel.com/2015/10/01/tumpleadingasteamsterswantmeeting/

I still don't think Trump's support will translate to votes. But he does have a lot of support. And his policies are the most liberal of any candidate in either the Democrat or Republican party. I don't know if these people prefer not to be called liberals. But, if we use what has been the predominate definition of liberalism in American politics over the past few generations, they're liberals.