PDA

View Full Version : Top RNC official calls for McConnell's ouster as Senate leader... Developing...

phill4paul
09-27-2015, 04:04 PM
As stated, developing news. Top of Drudge....

timosman
09-27-2015, 04:12 PM
Is it about Jesse ?

phill4paul
09-27-2015, 04:15 PM
Is it about Jesse ?

No idea, tobismom. Still waiting on the story.

phill4paul
09-27-2015, 05:43 PM
Top GOP official seeks McConnell ouster as Senate leader
‘GOP brand is being damaged,’ RNC vice chair says

With John Boehner now departing as House speaker, an influential Republican Party official is now seeking the ouster of another GOP leader who has frustrated conservatives: Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell.

“McConnell needs to resign!!” Louisiana GOP Chairman Roger Villere wrote in a Facebook posting.

Mr. Villere isn’t just any Republican. He’s the longest-serving state GOP chairman in the nation, with 12 years on the job, and is the vice chairman of the Republican National Committee, the GOP’s national governing body. He also serves on the RNC’s executive committee that makes decisions alongside Chairman Reince Priebus.

“Mitch is a good and honorable guy, but the base is leaving our party,” Mr. Villere said in an interview with The Washington Times. “I’m out in the field all the time and we have all our elections this year for state offices, and it’s hurting us tremendously with our elections.”

Aides for Mr. McConnell, Kentucky Republican, did not return repeated calls and emails seeking comment. A spokeswoman for Mr. Priebus said he was unavailable Sunday.

Egged on by irate rank-and-file GOP voters, a conservative rump group in the House GOP caucus forced Mr. Boehner’s sudden announcement on Friday that he will resign his post and his House seat as well next month.

An ideological irony is that his probable replacement, California Rep. Kevin McCarthy, the current House majority leader, is closer politically to Mr. Boehner than to the more ideologically passionate members who were prepared to call for a no-confidence vote on Mr. Boehner as speaker.

The same may hold true for Mr. McConnell in the Senate. Though he is not considered likely to resign, there is no one in his chamber whom conservatives seem ready to unite behind as an alternative.

Even Mr. Villere was stumped when asked whom he preferred to take over as leader of the Senate Republican majority.

“Honestly, I haven really thought of a replacement,” he said. “We are being so beat up by the base. I just was frustrated.”

Mr. Villere did say what specifically about Mr. McConnell makes his state’s rank-and-file GOP voters so dyspeptic that they want him out as leader — his failure to challenge executive overreach by President Obama or fight to repeal Obamacare and other unpopular measures.

“Mr. McConnell could have suspended consideration of confirmations for all presidential appointees, except for those who are essential to national security, until the president rescinded his unconstitutional executive action on amnesty,” Mr. Villere said.

“This would have been a constitutionally appropriate response to the overreach of the executive branch,” he said. “It would have transformed the political environment, greatly encouraged Republican donors and grass-roots activists, and positioned us to refuse to confirm replacements for any Supreme Court openings that might occur during the remainder of the Obama administration.”

Mr. Villere ticked off other sources of discontent with Mr. McConnell.

“Not trying to repeal Obamacare, not defunding Planned Parenthood, not trying to stop illegal immigration,” he said. “That is what Republicans ran on and once they were elected they did not follow up with their promises.”

Story continues....http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2015/sep/27/mitch-mcconnell-pushed-resign-senate-majority-lead/?page=2

timosman
09-27-2015, 05:50 PM
Another one bites the dust ?

William Tell
09-27-2015, 06:25 PM
No idea, tobismom. Still waiting on the story.

timosman is not tobismom, as far as I know.:eek:

Valli6
09-27-2015, 08:18 PM
Just a reminder about who Roger Villere is.

(An excerpt from How the Republican Party Stole the Nomination from Ron Paul - July 31, 2012)

Louisiana: Ben Swann reports a clash between the old Louisiana State GOP leadership and newly-elected leaders who support Paul.

Old Chairman, Roger Villere, angered attendees with last-minute rule changes the night before the convention. At the start of the convention, Villere attempted to recognize the former Chair of the Rules Committee, who had been voted out the night before. When new Chair, Alex Helwig, rose to address the delegation; Villere instructed security (comprised of off-duty Shreveport Police) to remove him. They arrested him for trespassing and broke several of his fingers. Next, an overwhelming majority elected a new Convention Chair, Paul supporter Alex Helwig. Members then turned their chairs to face Helwig, with their backs to Villere. In desperation, Villere instructed the police officers to remove the duly-elected Herford. They did so and dislocated his hip in the process, sending him to the emergency room. The reconvened group followed state party rules and went on to elect a majority of Paul delegates, which the state party later replaced with its own slate of Romney delegates. The Paul campaign has appealed to the RNC, but it is unlikely that the RNC will reinstate the Paul delegates.
https://jaretglenn.wordpress.com/2012/07/31/how-the-republican-party-stole-the-nomination-from-ron-paul/?blogsub=confirming

euphemia
09-27-2015, 08:49 PM
timosman is not tobismom, as far as I know.:eek:

Indeed. ;)

Matt Collins
09-27-2015, 09:56 PM
Just a reminder about who Roger Villere is.

(An excerpt from How the Republican Party Stole the Nomination from Ron Paul - July 31, 2012)
That is fascinating

pcosmar
09-27-2015, 10:03 PM
That is fascinating

Rearranging the deck chairs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-qRDg9WS7fk

Badger Paul
09-27-2015, 10:26 PM
The only reason scum like Villere are saying this is because it improves his position as party chair to make it look like he's siding with the grassroots. When it was his leadership that was challenged, well we know how he reacted.

If McCarthy becomes speaker my contempt for right wingers will only grow and it's pretty large as it is right now.

As for McConnell, Rand's biggest backer so far, and I can say is the same that a German officer before World War I said of Austria- Hungary: "My God we've allied ourselves with a corpse!"

CPUd
09-28-2015, 01:36 AM
Here's what Villere does when someone tries to take his chair:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nkZLIuC9wzU

erowe1
09-28-2015, 07:03 AM
I don't like McConnell.

But this RNC clown isn't saying this for the sake of any conservative base. He's saying it because McConnell is too supportive of Rand.

jkob
09-28-2015, 07:45 AM
allying with McConnell is the biggest mistake Rand ever made

erowe1
09-28-2015, 08:11 AM
allying with McConnell is the biggest mistake Rand ever made

And apparently, as evidenced by this article, allying with Rand was the biggest mistake McConnell ever made.

Kade
09-28-2015, 08:16 AM
He's not going to resign. Ron Paul did not have the nomination take from him, it was lost from lack of votes. Rand Paul will soon drop out of the race. The world is not ending.

Is this something I have to put in a signature?

erowe1
09-28-2015, 08:17 AM
Rand Paul will soon drop out of the race.

Source?

Kade
09-28-2015, 08:21 AM
Source?

Trump?

I joke... sweet Zombie Jesus I hate that man. No, this is mostly an educated guess, but I am very rarely wrong about these sort of things. There is also a GOP Primary Report floating around suggesting Jindal and Paul are exiting soon, but I'm only really interested in the insider poll numbers, and it doesn't look good, even in Iowa.

The other stuff, well, do I really need to go into detail of why the world is not ending?

Valli6
09-28-2015, 08:52 AM
I don't like McConnell.
But this RNC clown isn't saying this for the sake of any conservative base. He's saying it because McConnell is too supportive of Rand.
This is my thinking also. If "Dump McConnell" became a thing, Rand would eventually be forced to either publically defend McConnell, or denounce him to "prove" he's anti-establishment - which would make him look bad either way. Is this is a conscious plan to hurt Rand?

Villere is hardly the guy to be complaining about someone holding power for too long, and the statements he makes sound sketchy. He's not expressing a logical plan to change things. He's just promoting anti-McConnell sentiment to put Rand in an uncomfortable position.

Valli6
09-28-2015, 01:53 PM
Okay, I see the Senate Conservatives Fund has started a Ditch Mitch thing today, with a message from Ken Cuccinelli. Isn't Kucinelli working as an advisor or something for Rand's campaign?

http://www.senateconservatives.com/site/post/3264/now-its-time-for-mitch-mcconnell-to-go

Now It's Time for Mitch McConnell To Go
SEPTEMBER 28, 2015

House Speaker John Boehner (R-OH) is stepping down. Now it's time for Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-KY) to do the same.

We are launching a new campaign today to organize grassroots opposition to Senator McConnell across the country.

Please join us in the effort to replace Mitch McConnell*by casting your vote of no confidence in his leadership today!!

We will send you instructions on what you can do to expose his record and pressure key Republican senators to replace him.

This won't be easy, but we can do it if we work together. The important thing is that we get started right now.

So please cast your vote of no confidence today and we will also send you a FREE "Ditch Mitch" bumper sticker. It's free because we want to spread the word and mobilize people across the country to fight for new leadership.

Click here to join the fight!

Senator McConnell is just as hostile to conservatives and our principles, if not more so, than Speaker Boehner.

Before Republicans won the majority, McConnell cut deals with President Obama to fund Obamacare, raise the debt limit, and raise taxes on 80% of Americans as part of the fiscal cliff tax hike.

In 2014, McConnell openly declared war on conservatives. He forced the party's campaign committees to blacklist private firms that did work for our organization and vowed to "crush" our candidates "everywhere."

And who could forget what McConnell did in Mississippi last year. He and his operatives used race-baiting attack ads to recruit Democrats to hijack the Republican primary election for U.S. Senate.

All of this was done so he could have more people in the Senate who would compromise with the Democrats.

Since January, McConnell has funded executive amnesty, confirmed Loretta Lynch, worked to rescue the Export-Import Bank, passed a bloated highway bill, and is now working to pass a continuing resolution that fully funds Planned Parenthood, Obamacare, sanctuary cities, and the reckless Iran nuclear deal.

His failure to fight for limited government has driven the Republican Party's image into the dirt, face first with no hands to catch itself.*And yet, later this year he wants to bust the spending caps and raise the debt limit again!

Enough is enough.

We need to work together to build a grassroots campaign to force him to step down, and no group of activists is more capable of leading this effort than the members of the Senate Conservatives Fund.

While others supported McConnell or sat on the sidelines, SCF invested over $2 million to defeat him in the Republican primary election in Kentucky last year. Our members knew he was a problem and fought to defeat him.

He won that battle, but he exposed his true colors in the process and is now in danger of losing the war that he started.

Please join us in building a conservative Senate by casting your vote of no confidence against Mitch McConnell.

Republican voters deserve a Senate leader who is actually committed to their principles, and who will fight to stop President Obama and the Democrats from driving this country over the cliff!

Senator McConnell once told our founder, former Senator Jim DeMint (R-SC), that you can't change the Senate. Now is our chance to prove him wrong.

Thank you for standing strong and fighting for new leadership in Washington.

Sincerely,

Ken Cuccinelli II
President
Senate Conservatives Action

timosman
09-28-2015, 02:22 PM
No, this is mostly an educated guess, but I am very rarely wrong about these sort of things.

Wow, we have a a prophet. :rolleyes: