PDA

View Full Version : [VIDEO] FN Hillarys emails/Rand calls on all others to drop out

nikcers
09-25-2015, 10:28 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w55HQS9vlpE

Rand: I'm for all the others getting out frankly.

timosman
09-25-2015, 10:35 PM
"The reports of my death have been greatly exaggerated." - Mark Twain

PaleoPaul
09-25-2015, 10:36 PM
Like a Boss.

moraha
09-25-2015, 10:40 PM
Great.

But someone REALLY needs to tell him to quit the "I think" stuff. He said it at least 10 times in those few minutes.

nikcers
09-25-2015, 10:43 PM
Great.

But someone REALLY needs to tell him to quit the "I think" stuff. He said it at least 10 times in those few minutes.

but then I would need to think of a new drinking game rule. :D

chiefsmurph
09-25-2015, 11:06 PM
No seriously its that bad. I can't stand it. And its really unintelligent and makes me lose a lot of respect for him.

kbs021
09-25-2015, 11:12 PM
They have 1000 students already committed to caucusing for Rand in Iowa... Did anyone else hear that??? I think that shows how organized the campaign and students for rand is

timosman
09-25-2015, 11:15 PM
Excellent eyebrow work, senator.

Danke
09-25-2015, 11:16 PM
Great.

Well, the interesting thing is...

francisco
09-25-2015, 11:22 PM
Great.

I don't mind the "I think"s, or even "the interesting thing is..."es

But the "sort of" verbal tic absolutely drives me nuts. Good news, though: I didn't hear any of those in this interview! So someone has gotten him to purge that phrase from his vocabulary.

AND... we haven't heard about "the singing man coming over a hill" in quite a while

So I'm going forward happy with life's blessings

Overall, This was a terrific interview! Rand is really nailing his points. Messaging is everything.

CPUd
09-25-2015, 11:23 PM
LOL you guys are a bunch of nitpickers.

timosman
09-25-2015, 11:26 PM

Hey, somebody needs to do it. Senator Paul reads this forum every night before going to bed. :rolleyes:

kbs021
09-25-2015, 11:44 PM
Did anyone else hear that they already have 1000 student caucus commits? It's not even October and they have 1000 students committed to caucusing for Rand.

Danke
09-25-2015, 11:45 PM

Some might call it " nitpicking," but the interesting thing is...

carlton
09-26-2015, 12:17 AM
Some might call it " nitpicking," but the interesting thing is...

For goodness sakes!

timosman
09-26-2015, 12:21 AM
For goodness sakes!

I think he didn't say it this time. :rolleyes:

moraha
09-26-2015, 01:30 AM
I think he didn't say it this time. :rolleyes:

I'd rather keep hearing that. Sort of reminds me of Ron when he had the "are you people serious?" look in the debates and interviews back in 2012.

Jackie Moon
09-26-2015, 01:36 AM
Overall, This was a terrific interview! Rand is really nailing his points. Messaging is everything.

Yeah, he nailed it. He looks fresh, and had that quiet confidence and smile.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CPyz1fLUcAAhEmO.jpg

He doesn't look stressed or worried. He has a look like he knows something that everyone else will find out later. The response to whether he was going to quit was great, you can tell that he means and believes it.

"I'm ready to go. We're only getting started." - Rand Paul :cool:

Jan2017
09-26-2015, 06:30 AM
Rand looks energetic after being with the college kids . . .
Rand DOES need writers/speech writers for lots of material imo to keep responses fresh and land some zingers at the right time.

His responses here are great - I don't notice some of the word parsing mentioned like . . . " I think . . . " (replace it with an 'I surmise . . .' (?)

I do wish he had had a good comeback when caught off guard about the 11th place 1% BS from DT the Clown to open the last debate,
and he needs new material - the "beating Hillary in five states" line is getting tired and is not needed anymore as HRC won't be guaranteed the Dim nomination.

I still want to see how Fox handles the poll that left Rand off being won/2nd place by "Other" . . .
and this interview is just another Fox attempt to ask about quitting - I'd boycott Fox as well
until they start asking unemployed/no day job Ex-Gov Ex- Fox Huckabee when he is quitting with his raising less money than anyone.

LatinsforPaul
09-26-2015, 06:30 AM
1000 students already and 9000 to go in Iowa. Add to that, parents and siblings caucusing for Rand in support of their student, who knows how much Rand can WIN Iowa by. ;)

Liberty74
09-26-2015, 07:03 AM
Rand needs to carry the TORCH on being anti-war/bring home the troops, against the Drugs on War and even for legalizing HEMP, against PP, securing the border and getting rid of the IRS.

I think if he pounds away on about 5 issues give or take, while wrapping it all in the concept that the government is too big (from warfare to welfare) and that he would be a President to leave you alone the most, meaning you can live your life as you want as long as you don't steal or harm another, I think the voters will come around.

65fastback2+2
09-26-2015, 09:55 AM
Great.

No seriously its that bad. I can't stand it. And its really unintelligent and makes me lose a lot of respect for him.

intelligent people use "I think"...dictators use "I will" or "I know"

luctor-et-emergo
09-26-2015, 09:56 AM
When the establishment wants you out.. You are a serious threat. That simple.

Otherwise they would have completely ignored him. #Winning.

timosman
09-26-2015, 10:17 AM

They have not started putting much effort into getting rid of him, YET. I hope the campaign has a strategy for dealing with the upcoming accusations coming from his father newletters. He should reply - Nobody is attacking Jeb for being a brother of a guy who got us into a war under false pretenses.

RDM
09-26-2015, 10:49 AM
YET. I hope the campaign has a strategy for dealing with the upcoming accusations coming from his father newletters.[/B]He should reply - Nobody is attacking Jeb for being a brother of a guy who got us into a war under false pretenses.

What does James B Powell have to do with Rand Paul?

SilentBull
09-26-2015, 11:34 AM
I don't know why Rand doesn't just remind people about Perry, Rudy and Thompson when asked about the stupid national polls.

PaleoPaul
09-26-2015, 12:59 PM
Ugh. Fred Thompson. Anyone remember the "YOU DREAD DA FRED!" slogan?

Feeding the Abscess
09-26-2015, 05:18 PM

The establishment wanted Scott Walker out.

JK/SEA
09-26-2015, 07:16 PM

no kidding. You think they prefer to listen to trump, or that whiny sounding cruz?...

Jonderdonk
09-26-2015, 07:40 PM
intelligent people use "I think"...dictators use "I will" or "I know"

Hey, anything to get the man elected. And I wouldn't mind a libertarian dictator... "Diligently plotting to take over the world and leave you alone..."

PCKY
09-26-2015, 08:09 PM
The establishment wanted Scott Walker out.
Scott Walker needed to be out. He is not a national politician, and may have reached his Peter Principle.

Mr.NoSmile
09-26-2015, 08:41 PM

If that is what makes you lose respect for someone, that's pretty sad. And inconsequential on top of that. Two words repeated equate to 'My respect for you is down, good sir'? That's just ridiculous. That's the sort of thing you'd read in an Onion article: "Yeah, I like his speech, but he kept saying 'I think' and it really threw me off everything else he was saying that was actually relevant to his message."

65fastback2+2
09-27-2015, 06:44 AM
If that is what makes you lose respect for someone, that's pretty sad. And inconsequential on top of that. Two words repeated equate to 'My respect for you is down, good sir'? That's just ridiculous. That's the sort of thing you'd read in an Onion article: "Yeah, I like his speech, but he kept saying 'I think' and it really threw me off everything else he was saying that was actually relevant to his message."

winning

satchelmcqueen
09-27-2015, 08:55 AM
if it wouldnt hurt him with interview time, id say rand needs to tell fox that its hard to rise in the polls when they (fox) doesnt even include his name in the damn polls.