PDA

View Full Version : Potential "economic boom" area

Intoxiklown
09-25-2015, 04:02 PM
Something to look at. I'm looking at decent land in the area, should this deal really start to solidify.

$3.5B Theme Park “Bigger than Magic Kingdom” Still Planned for Alabama

FLORENCE, Ala. (AP) – After more than seven months of silence, a financial backer of a gigantic proposed theme park in northwest Alabama says the project is still in the works, with a land deal on track to be announced by the end of the year.

Provident Global Capital CEO Bryan Robinson, a main investor in the parks, said in a Thursday news release that land acquisitions are underway for the proposed DreamVision parks near Muscle Shoals, Alabama and Fort Worth, Texas, despite The DreamVision Company undergoing corporate restructuring.

The company announced in February that it was planning to build a $3.5 billion Alabama theme park that would be more than 10 times the size of the Magic Kingdom at Florida’s Walt Disney World.

In February, DreamVision officials said they hope to open the park in 2019.

Link: http://wkrg.com/2015/09/25/3-5b-theme-park-bigger-than-magic-kingdom-still-planned-for-alabama/

phill4paul
09-25-2015, 04:10 PM
Something to look at. I'm looking at decent land in the area, should this deal really start to solidify.

$3.5B Theme Park “Bigger than Magic Kingdom” Still Planned for Alabama

FLORENCE, Ala. (AP) – After more than seven months of silence, a financial backer of a gigantic proposed theme park in northwest Alabama says the project is still in the works, with a land deal on track to be announced by the end of the year.

Provident Global Capital CEO Bryan Robinson, a main investor in the parks, said in a Thursday news release that land acquisitions are underway for the proposed DreamVision parks near Muscle Shoals, Alabama and Fort Worth, Texas, despite The DreamVision Company undergoing corporate restructuring.

The company announced in February that it was planning to build a $3.5 billion Alabama theme park that would be more than 10 times the size of the Magic Kingdom at Florida’s Walt Disney World.

In February, DreamVision officials said they hope to open the park in 2019.

Link: http://wkrg.com/2015/09/25/3-5b-theme-park-bigger-than-magic-kingdom-still-planned-for-alabama/

I'd check to see if his Capital group, or any few investment groups, are buying up a lot of property in the area. AKA: Real Estate "pump and dump."

Intoxiklown
09-25-2015, 04:25 PM
There haven't been any major land sales / purchases there. And I spoke with Sen. Roby about it, and so far...looks legit. However, I'm just watching. I don't mean to imply buying land in hopes that company needs it for their park either. I'm speaking of buying residential property, as well as undeveloped, as long term investments. There will be a window to buy land once the deal is official, before the market drives the prices up. But it'll be small.

ILUVRP
09-25-2015, 05:22 PM
if it does happen at least a lot of pretty good jobs will happen for 2-3 yrs building it .

i doubt that it will be a great profit making deal as people from out of state will not flock to it like 6 flags or disney land .

phill4paul
09-25-2015, 05:48 PM
There haven't been any major land sales / purchases there. And I spoke with Sen. Roby about it, and so far...looks legit. However, I'm just watching. I don't mean to imply buying land in hopes that company needs it for their park either. I'm speaking of buying residential property, as well as undeveloped, as long term investments. There will be a window to buy land once the deal is official, before the market drives the prices up. But it'll be small.

Residential is certainly something to look at. Possibly the cheapest place, with an eye to improve, in the safest/best neighborhoods. Then structure the interior or weekly rental families.