PDA

View Full Version : New Host of Comedy Central, Trevor Noah, has a bromance with Rand Paul

LatinsforPaul
09-25-2015, 02:25 PM
‘The Daily Show’ Host Trevor Noah on Being ‘Sad’ For John Boehner and His Rand Paul ‘Romance’ (http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2015/09/25/the-daily-show-host-trevor-noah-on-being-sad-for-john-boehner-and-his-rand-paul-romance.html)

Funny enough, the American politician Noah is most enamored with at the moment is Republican senator and presidential contender Rand Paul.

“There are certain issues that I’ve seen, let’s say, from Rand Paul where I go, ‘Yeah, I like that,’ and I think that we can move forward in that regard. When it comes to Social Security reform, and looking at different ways to adjust benefits for people, there’s definitely a conversation to be had there. Now, I’m not an expert in it…But I believe progression can come from both sides.”

The new host of Comedy Central’s ‘The Daily Show’ dished on why he Stands with Rand, Social Security reform, and much more.
Despite Paul’s lackluster standing and poll numbers in the 2016 primary, Noah says it was the senator’s two debate performances thus far that impressed him so much. “He was saying things that were sane at the debates, he really was,” Noah said, referring, in part, to Paul’s less “knee-jerk,” neoconservative, invasion-happy approach to foreign policy. “He wasn’t gung-ho. He did seem thoughtful. And that is progression for me. And maybe that’s a tiny step in the right direction.”

(When asked about Noah’s comments, Paul spokesman Sergio Gor told The Daily Beast simply that Paul is “uniquely positioned to grow the GOP tent by attracting new voters and we welcome them all,” and that Paul would be open to appearing on the new latest incarnation of The Daily Show.)

Noah then likened watching Donald Trump, Carly Fiorina, and other Republican candidates to “walking through the streets of New York” and having crazy people scream at you.

A Daily Show colleague sitting near Noah at Friday’s event chuckled, and warned him that soon the day will come when Paul does something to “break your heart,” as all politicians are prone to do.

“I don’t know all of Rand Paul, and that’s what is gonna be fun,” Noah replied. “But at this point, the romance is real. And I will embrace it as such.”

Brian4Liberty
09-25-2015, 02:31 PM
The Marxists and racists at Comedy Central will cure him of that slip fast enough.

LatinsforPaul
09-25-2015, 03:05 PM
The Marxists and racists at Comedy Central will cure him of that slip fast enough.

True but he might turn into a MSM ally to Rand in the same way Stewart was to Ron. It could help with the Independent vote.

Sola_Fide
09-25-2015, 03:07 PM
Hmmm. Interesting.

groverblue
09-25-2015, 04:32 PM
Not much meat in this article, but....

Funny enough, the American politician Noah is most enamored with at the moment is Republican senator and presidential contender Rand Paul.

“There are certain issues that I’ve seen, let’s say, from Rand Paul where I go, ‘Yeah, I like that,’ and I think that we can move forward in that regard. When it comes to Social Security reform, and looking at different ways to adjust benefits for people, there’s definitely a conversation to be had there. Now, I’m not an expert in it…But I believe progression can come from both sides.”

Read the rest at The Daily Beast:
http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2015/09/25/the-daily-show-host-trevor-noah-on-being-sad-for-john-boehner-and-his-rand-paul-romance.html?via=desktop&source=twitter

Working Poor
09-26-2015, 07:49 PM
From the article

Trevor Noah finds Rand Paul refreshingly "sane."

Despite Paul’s lackluster standing and poll numbers in the 2016 primary, Noah says it was the senator’s two debate performances thus far that impressed him so much. “He was saying things that were sane at the debates, he really was,” Noah said, referring, in part, to Paul’s less “knee-jerk,” neoconservative, invasion-happy approach to foreign policy. “He wasn’t gung-ho. He did seem thoughtful. And that is progression for me. And maybe that’s a tiny step in the right direction.”

(When asked about Noah’s comments, Paul spokesman Sergio Gor told The Daily Beast simply that Paul is “uniquely positioned to grow the GOP tent by attracting new voters and we welcome them all,” and that Paul would be open to appearing on the new latest incarnation of The Daily Show.)....

A Daily Show colleague sitting near Noah at Friday’s event chuckled, and warned him that soon the day will come when Paul does something to “break your heart,” as all politicians are prone to do.

“I don’t know all of Rand Paul, and that’s what is gonna be fun,” Noah replied. “But at this point, the romance is real. And I will embrace it as such.”
https://reason.com/blog/2015/09/25/new-daily-show-host-admits-to-political#comment

Working Poor
09-27-2015, 07:04 AM
I thought ya'll would like a little positive review bump....

angelatc
09-27-2015, 10:54 AM
I saw this on another site, and found it hard to get excited. First, as soon as Rand starts talking about anything remotely related to reducing spending, or allowing a just a hint of a free-market reform to encroach on Obamacare, I think the guy will go all Maddow on him.

Second, I watched The Daily Show since before Stewart hosted it. I know his fan boys sob that he made the show what it is today, and while I suppose that's true, it isn't a good thing. The original host had a lot of the same bite, but managed to be satirically cruel to both sides of the aisle. And in case you were late to the TDS party, I can assure you that when Kilborn left, the internets were full of sobbing people who swore the show would never be the same, and vowed never to watch it again.

Stewart's opening monologue deferred to them, and I watched it for few years. But I can tell you exactly what night I stopped watching it, and what my thoughts were at the time, which was that those original loyalists had been right after all, and TDS was indeed ruined forever.

For me, Stewart ruined TDS forever. If this guy ends up giving his show a Libertarian slant, maybe I will look back at this and realize I was wrong for being so cynical. But at this point I think of him as Lucy with a football.

And bringing a South African in to criticize American politics leaves a bad taste in my mouth to boot.

Jonderdonk
09-27-2015, 11:06 AM
And bringing a South African in to criticize American politics leaves a bad taste in my mouth to boot.

This is one of the (many) reasons that I refuse to watch John Oliver.

maqsur
09-27-2015, 01:47 PM
John Oliver is a US citizen.

Jonderdonk
09-27-2015, 02:11 PM
John Oliver is a US citizen.

In name only :rolleyes: