PDA

View Full Version : Letter: Rand Paul is best of Republican field

muzzled dogg
09-25-2015, 07:40 AM
To the editor:

There are a ton of Republicans running for president right now. And Rand Paul reminded us in the recent debate that "there are 14 candidates willing to go back to Iraq." That Rand Paul is the only one not in a hurry to spend American dollars and American lives revisiting the biggest mistake in the last 15 years gives me hope and despair.

It saddens me that he is the only one hesitant to get involved in more foreign conflicts, but I am grateful that at least he is there. I have always respected Dr. Paul's fight to uphold the Constitution, but until now I didn't understand that for him, the Constitution doesn't do any good for American sons and daughters that have already died fighting someone else's war. During the debate, I saw a man who wants to let the Constitution protect American citizens from their government, as it was intended, and that includes protecting the men and women in the military from unconstitutional wars.

With so many people running, it is sometimes hard to tell them apart. But the recent debate proved that Rand Paul is unique in his foreign policy. If you don't want to go back to Iraq, you really have just one option. It's a good thing his tax plan is pretty great, too.

State Rep. Shem Kellogg

Plaistow

http://m.eagletribune.com/opinion/letter-rand-paul-is-best-of-republican-field/article_c4975a42-4e1b-5f0c-88b4-b49114cf9b01.html?mode=jqm

09-25-2015, 07:44 AM
Nice

Bern
09-25-2015, 08:00 AM
We've got one that can see. /They Live

georgiaboy
09-25-2015, 08:01 AM
well said, state rep. shemdogg