PDA

View Full Version : What the deal??

Jimmy
12-06-2007, 07:44 AM
I know this is the wrong section...but alot of folks like me want to know and I can see no other section for this.
Whats the deal with the campaign? When are they going to spending some BIG money on tv ads? I see threads like this http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=48024
..and think...WOW this kicks arse :cool:...but why are we not seeing threads like The campaign in HAMMERING these great ads!! :confused:. They kick arse!!! They have the money and will have plenty more..SOooooooo whats the deal? I know this thread requires some speculation and what not...but I and alot of others it seems are curious as to whats going on? Any speculations out there? Anyone with the scoop? I'm just very curious as to the deal. Should I be giving to these chip ins or is the campaign fixing to step up and turn loose the floodgates bigtime?

JMO
12-06-2007, 07:49 AM
I don't think the campaign needs to update us on whats going on. Let them do their job and not waste time answering every one of your questions on how they are going to spend the cash. If you don't agree with what they are doing there is plenty of chip ins that will fit your desires to spend cash.

wgadget
12-06-2007, 07:52 AM
I heard Michael Reagan (talk show host) saying with incredulity that Ron Paul was going to end up with the MOST MONEY at the end of the 4th quarter. Maybe he's trying to keep ahead in the statistics?

I know, that's a lame excuse, but....?

Jimmy
12-06-2007, 08:02 AM
I don't think the campaign needs to update us on whats going on. Let them do their job and not waste time answering every one of your questions on how they are going to spend the cash. If you don't agree with what they are doing there is plenty of chip ins that will fit your desires to spend cash.

Just thougth some folks here would have some insite about what is going on so as I and others could make a more informed decision about it. Don't see any harm in talking about the subject in a civil manner personally.

Drknows
12-06-2007, 08:08 AM
I have this conspiracy theory I think the GOP welcomed Ron Paul running for president so they could grab anti war votes away from the democrats.

Then they seen Ron Paul was doing awesome after the first debate they turned the tables on him and inserted people into ron pauls campaign. Now they're purposely trying to spend the money on pointless things and destroy his campaign.

Just a theory. Don't take it serious.

Mark Rushmore
12-06-2007, 08:10 AM
I know this is the wrong section...but alot of folks like me want to know and I can see no other section for this.
Whats the deal with the campaign? When are they going to spending some BIG money on tv ads? I see threads like this http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=48024
..and think...WOW this kicks arse :cool:...but why are we not seeing threads like The campaign in HAMMERING these great ads!! :confused:. They kick arse!!! They have the money and will have plenty more..SOooooooo whats the deal? I know this thread requires some speculation and what not...but I and alot of others it seems are curious as to whats going on? Any speculations out there? Anyone with the scoop? I'm just very curious as to the deal. Should I be giving to these chip ins or is the campaign fixing to step up and turn loose the floodgates bigtime?

I speculate that no matter what we do, any attempt to assist the campaign directly will only result in us bogging it down further (if such a thing is possible) or simply produce the too-many-cooks phenomenon. For all practical purposes - the grassroots seems better off pretending that there is no official campaign - and assuming that it has to fight for every single inch of earth on it's own. TV and radio ads, direct mail, call-banking: whatever it takes.

I think of it pretty much as the polar opposite of 'normal' campaigns. In the normal model - the official campaign does the real work and any support from the grassroots is just "icing". With us that is reversed. The grassroots runs the real campaign - and any support from the official part is just icing.

LibertyEagle
12-06-2007, 08:14 AM
For all practical purposes - the grassroots seems better off pretending that there is no official campaign - and assuming that it has to fight for every single inch of earth on it's own. TV and radio ads, direct mail, call-banking: whatever it takes.

That's where I'm at too.

JMO
12-06-2007, 08:16 AM
Just thougth some folks here would have some insite about what is going on so as I and others could make a more informed decision about it. Don't see any harm in talking about the subject in a civil manner personally.

Sorry, it just seems like a thread starts every 2 hours about complaints on how the campaign is spending the money. You just happen to be the latest and I finally decided to say something. Too many people want to micro manage. I am sure the campaign has a plan, the question is will it work. Remember once you spend the money you can't get it back, and that also lessens the chances of making adjustments when you feel the time is right. Look at Huckabee, he has skyrocketed without spending a lot of cash. I am not saying never spend the cash, just maybe the campaign plan is too not waste the cash either. I would rather have them hold the cash for the right time than just spend it.

LibertyEagle
12-06-2007, 08:22 AM
Actually, I believe it was their fundraiser, Bydlak, who was recently proclaiming that they needed money to advertise in the early states. Well, now they have it. So, I sure am hoping they are using it to advertise.

Jimmy
12-06-2007, 08:26 AM
I am not saying never spend the cash, just maybe the campaign plan is too not waste the cash either. I would rather have them hold the cash for the right time than just spend it.

I totally agree. The never spend the cash is what has me alittle concerned I suppose. Got to happen pretty soon I would think. I would certainly hope they are going to drop some BIG bombs soon...couldn't understand why it wouldn't come very soon and it appears like it going to be all at once.......the wait is just killin me I suppose.