PDA

View Full Version : Rand Paul gets endorsement from conservative SC Representative Mulvaney

LatinsforPaul
09-21-2015, 09:15 AM
US Rep. Mulvaney backing Paul's GOP presidential bid (http://m.apnews.com/ap/db_268748/contentdetail.htm?contentguid=oPfUbIXd)

COLUMBIA, S.C. (AP) - U.S. Rep. Mick Mulvaney says he's supporting Rand Paul's bid for president.

The South Carolina congressman told The Associated Press on Monday that he's backing Paul because he believes voters will embrace a Republican candidate who breaks with the party's establishment and supports less government involvement in their lives.

Mulvaney says he's not discouraged by Paul's low-single-digit poll numbers. The third-term congressman said he believes the U.S. senator from Kentucky has a campaign strategy in many early voting states that will serve him well in the long haul.

Mulvaney and Paul are slated to make several stops together in early voting South Carolina this week.

Kotin
09-21-2015, 09:23 AM
NICE!!

timosman
09-21-2015, 09:25 AM
I just hope there was no money involved /ducks

LatinsforPaul
09-21-2015, 10:10 AM
SC’s Mulvaney endorses Rand Paul for president; calls for shake-up of GOP establishment
(http://www.heraldonline.com/news/local/article35959809.html)

Saying the establishment wing of the Republican Party is “lost” in modern Washington politics, U.S. Rep. Mick Mulvaney said Monday he would endorse U.S. Sen. Rand Paul of Kentucky for president.

“I’ve decided I’m going to get heavily involved in the campaign,” Mulvaney told The Herald, saying he would appear with and on behalf of Paul around South Carolina and beyond ahead of the presidential primaries, starting with an appearance with Paul at the old American Legion in Rock Hill on Wednesday.

Mulvaney will serve as Paul’s Eastern States co-chairman, the campaign announced. He is the first member of the South Carolina delegation to make an endorsement in the GOP race.

Mulvaney said he decided to actively support Paul – a personal friend who shares a similar libertarian-leaning conservative philosophy of government – because the Fifth District congressman has grown “angry and frustrated” with how the GOP leadership in Congress is handling issues today.

“Candidly, it’s been depressing to be a Republican in Washington these past few weeks,” the Indian Land Republican said, as a GOP-controlled Congress has unsuccessfully fought to stop Democratic President Barack Obama’s nuclear deal with Iran and struggled to pass a budget by the end of the month that would cut off funding for Planned Parenthood, a conservative priority.

“The establishment wing of the party is lost,” he said. “They’ve lost the ability to govern, the ability to listen to the people, to be Republicans.”

Paul, with whom Mulvaney says he regularly discusses philosophy and politics, has the ability to re-balance the relationship between the branches of government.

“We’ve talked about how to change the way government works... how to limit what the government does and get it involved with less,” said Mulvaney, whose district includes York, Chester and Lancaster counties. “That’s Rand’s bread and butter.”

As president, Mulvaney said, Paul would work to “fix Congress” because, unlike Obama or former President George W. Bush, Paul is philosophically opposed to an overly strong executive branch and would prefer stronger legislative oversight of presidential actions and directives.

“I am absolutely convinced we have to elect a president who does not want a strong presidency,” he said.

Although Paul is struggling to stand out among 15 other candidates in a crowded GOP presidential field, Mulvaney said, there is still time for Paul to harness the urge to elect an “outsider” candidate that he believes a majority of GOP voters want.

Read more: http://www.heraldonline.com/news/local/article35959809.html

Liberty74
09-21-2015, 10:24 AM
Endorsements are nice but Rand needs to fine tune his message and work on his image.

Foreigner
09-21-2015, 10:26 AM
It's been long been expected that 3/6 of SC GOP congressional delegation will back Paul. Which will be really noteworthy in a 10+ people contest.

Mick Mulvaney, Mark Sanford and Jeff Duncan. I think all will endorse Paul, but they will time it closer to the primary.

Hopefully they can be used to break through in the state to get a 15+% showing in the primary

EBounding
09-21-2015, 11:39 AM
http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-politics/wp/2015/09/21/rep-mick-mulvaney-endorses-rand-paul-for-president/

Lots of good stuff in this article:

"I think people, over the last four years, have seen that an interventionist foreign policy may not be the healthiest plan for our nation," said Mulvaney. "I will never ever forget the Vietnam vets that came into our office to talk about this -- especially this one giant man, this mountain of a guy, who said to me 'Look, we have to get our troops home. It’s killing our families. There are kids on their fourth or fifth deployments. It’s not isolationist, it’s not even close. It’s not even close to pacifist. It’s about a more circumspect, thoughtful use of military power. That’s falling on receptive ears. Our South Carolina sons and daughters are fighting these battles, and they don’t want to be used as decoys."

"I’ve seen both of them work," said Mulvaney. "When I see Ted [Cruz] – it’s almost as if Ted thinks if you yell loud enough and give a dramatic speech, it’s going to solve things, and I just don’t think that’s the way the world works. Here's the other thing I see out on the trail. Both Rick Perry and Rand Paul came to help me in the last cycle. About 400 people showed up both times. We knew that 40 people who had never come to me came to see Perry. We know that 250 of the people who came to see Rand had never been to one of my events. Ted is not bringing anybody new into the party. Rand is."

LifeLibertyPursuit
09-21-2015, 12:15 PM
http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-politics/wp/2015/09/21/rep-mick-mulvaney-endorses-rand-paul-for-president/

Lots of good stuff in this article:

Oblige with the It's Happening gif!!!!

I donated $100 on the constitutional money bomb and I am feeling more and more confident!!!!

Rand is about to turn up the campaign, it's only just started as he stated, be sure to have your comfortable shoes on. :) I stand with Rand!!!

kbs021
09-21-2015, 12:21 PM
Nice sounds great. Ground game and lining up endorsements are chugging along.

SilentBull
09-21-2015, 12:42 PM
Things are looking pretty great right now.

- Trump is no longer the only one getting attention. Fiorina and Carson are helping to weaken him as a candidate. Once Trump is not in first place anymore, I doubt he'll want to remain in the race very long. He won't want to be embarrassed by losing in Iowa.
- Rand remains #8 thanks to Walker imploding.
- Fiorina and Carson are peaking too early as did Trump.
- Huckabee, Santorum, Carson, Cruz will be splitting the evangelical votes at the caucus
- Rand's straw poll win may be a preview of what's to come.

TaftFan
09-21-2015, 01:30 PM
Mulvaney was down to Paul and Perry, and Perry made the decision easy when he dropped out.

Jackie Moon
09-21-2015, 08:31 PM
South Carolina, what's up!

http://i.imgur.com/oggkEk3.jpg

For real though, that's great.

Agree with everyone, Rand's got the ground game strong. Still such a long marathon ahead, just keep grinding and building momentum.

Awesome to see him make the statements about Rand being the real anti-establishment candidate and the one that will actually bring change.