PDA

View Full Version : Spam your Airport!

idiom
12-06-2007, 07:13 AM
So I was posting my sister off to NH at Sydney Int. Airport and it dawned on me, there are huge concentrations of american travellers there.

Easy Plan for internationals: Spam your local international Airport. Hand out stuff or buy bill boards or inserts into ticket thingamebobs. There is a huge amount of signage for sale, tell the Yanks we love em and we love em for what Ron Paul represents!

Keith
12-06-2007, 07:43 AM
I traveled to Asia last month, and I went through several airports outside of the US. Believe me, as an American citizen the place where I was treated the worst by security was in the American airports. Americans traveling internationally are more than ready to hear about a candidate who will reinstate the fourth amendment.

ondrap
12-06-2007, 06:08 PM
Seriously - what do you think about this: jcdeaux (http://www.jcdecauxairport.co.uk/content.asp?dsid=461&sid=)?
Could we manage to find some money for this? We should definitely target airports used for flights to the USA - any ideas? Heathrow, Stensted? Or another european countries? Could we get some money for this? I pledge 500 pounds...

idiom
12-06-2007, 06:22 PM
Gotta do it locally
form a meetup for your Airport I guess
This is the easiest way for us to be involved, and we are totally unbound by election law :D

ItsTime
12-06-2007, 06:23 PM
Hit the airports as part of Operation Front Door. Sounds like a good idea to me!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=doug2ezRPWc

Think12345
12-06-2007, 08:55 PM
Yaay!
Let's get the longer multi-page version of the handouts, and give them to the people in the security line, saying "something to browse through if you have time in flight".

People in the planes are captive audience, they have a much greater chance to read through the long list of issues.

greves
12-06-2007, 09:20 PM
I live really close to Amsterdam airport, and I'm definitely willing to buy some ads or hand out literature if someone can help me pay for it. We have an Amsterdam meetup and I'll send out an email about this right now!

greves
12-06-2007, 10:10 PM
Amsterdam station posters: €25 per poster (production), €16 per poster per week (advertising), minimal order of 30 posters. Minimal: €1.230 for advertising in 30 high-traffic locations throughout Amsterdam.

Amsterdam station billboards: €1.000 per month.

Amsterdam in-tram/bus posters: €670 production for 450 posters, €1.350 per week on display in 150 separate vehicles.

There's around 2.5 million Americans visiting Amsterdam over the course of a year, and I guarantee you that they all pass through the train stations where these posters/billboards would be.

split_lipz
12-07-2007, 12:08 AM
Dude!! This is a freaking great idea!

We all know not Americans aren't allowed to vote. But we also know a lot of Americans travel overseas.

Great idea!

jordie
12-07-2007, 07:24 AM
Its a great idea, though appears to be pretty pricey. But I think it'd be a good target market. I can't find info for Sydney airport tho...

Oh and can we stop using the word 'spam' ? Its extremely negative, and anyone coming to these forums seeing threads like "spam this" "spam that" will be put off straight away. I know i would.

idiom
12-07-2007, 11:03 PM
I can contribute for Sydney International and Auckland International. Aucklands easy only ~10 gates in one terminal.

raiha
12-29-2007, 01:18 PM
Hey de ho, I'm off to the Auckland International Airport this morning to pick up my sister. Anyone got a template? Bit late to write something at this juncture!

Bugger! My Ron Paul T-shirt hasn't arrived in the post yet!