PDA

View Full Version : Rand did well on CNN

TommyJeff
09-17-2015, 09:01 PM
This was a much better debate for Rand Paul! He wasn't involved much early and I didn't care for his Iran Deal comment, but most every other answer was great. It turned out to be a positive, in my eyes, that most of his air time was piled into the last half or last hour of the debate. He gave a lot of good answers consecutively which (again my opinion), built off each other and left him with maybe the best finisher of all those on stage.

He was great talking about the 14th ammendment!!!
I'm a fan of his 1 page tax plan
he reminded everyone as to his opposition to the Iraq war (and Syrian)
he made a great comment condemning boots-on-the-ground and opposing fighting wars for others
he was strong on his focus of state's rights (even though Bush and Christie tried to fight him on the topic)
He made a funny comment about "a second opinion" when he was asked about vaccines.

I was a big fan, after being mostly disappointed after Fox. I welcome comments below.

Brett85
09-17-2015, 09:09 PM
I thought so too, but apparently most Republican voters didn't like his performance. Apparently they were watching a different debate than I was. I'm starting to come to the conclusion that the Republican Party just despises liberty and wants absolutely nothing to do with it.

carlton
09-17-2015, 09:13 PM
I thought so too, but apparently most Republican voters didn't like his performance. Apparently they were watching a different debate than I was. I'm starting to come to the conclusion that the Republican Party just despises liberty and wants absolutely nothing to do with it.

They just need another Snowden dose of shocking truth.

nikcers
09-17-2015, 09:39 PM
Rand is setting himself up to win the logical conclusion to every argument. Just like when he said that Trump is too pedantic and shouldn't be in control of our military arsenal by qualifying it to his demeanor and his bad attitude of insulting everyone he disagrees with followed by trump insulting him. I think he did great and I think he got a lot of people that had ruled him out to give him a second thought. That he is the only one up there not pissing on us and telling us its raining. I think Trump really wanted to make the argument that Rand shouldn't of been there because of his polls and from what I have read Trump lost that argument.

Kotin
09-17-2015, 09:59 PM
Rand actually set trump up by saying he was going to come out swinging against trump in interviews prior to the debate.. That is the reason trump attacked him immediately, and it made him look foolish lol.. And Rand did not attack him at all and it was the right move..

TommyJeff
09-17-2015, 10:14 PM
Rand actually set trump up by saying he was going to come out swinging against trump in interviews prior to the debate.. That is the reason trump attacked him immediately, and it made him look foolish lol.. And Rand did not attack him at all and it was the right move..

It was also a great way to have rand talk early in the debate. I don't think CNN would have called on him too early but once trump said his name, he got to make a comment. It was a great tactic. Though it faded in the first half as rand didnt get much air time until the second half.

During the early debate I wish they kept the cutoff at 10 and rand could have been with those other 4 at the bottom - he would have had much more airtime and dominated! But after the later debate, I was glad to see what he accomplished