PDA

View Full Version : Rand, hear me out

TheNewYorker
09-17-2015, 07:21 PM
During the debates you need to not be looking down and crossing things off your clipboard when the camera is on you. I notice you especially do this when another candidate is talking about you and it's split screen. No one else does it but you.

Mr.NoSmile
09-17-2015, 07:24 PM
...I'm sure he's reading this forum right now. And that no one else pays attention to whether a candidate is crossing something off of a clipboard.

Jonderdonk
09-17-2015, 07:37 PM
During the debates you need to not be looking down and crossing things off your clipboard when the camera is on you. I notice you especially do this when another candidate is talking about you and it's split screen. No one else does it but you.

He was probably coached to do this, since he was seen as petulant (with the eye rolls and the frowning) in the last debate.

65fastback2+2
09-17-2015, 07:38 PM

next time, title your thread "I've never debated before"

CPUd
09-17-2015, 07:38 PM
LOL

Crashland
09-17-2015, 07:41 PM
He needs a coach for body language, but this is something that should have happened months ago.

CPUd
09-17-2015, 07:49 PM
Moneybomb for coaching:

65fastback2+2
09-17-2015, 08:10 PM
He needs a coach for body language, but this is something that should have happened months ago.

he's fine. why cant we let people be who they are and quit trying to critique them on every little thing. thats what trump does....give it a rest.

Crashland
09-17-2015, 08:20 PM
he's fine. why cant we let people be who they are and quit trying to critique them on every little thing. thats what trump does....give it a rest.

Because I have a very low opinion of humanity in the sense that they are more influenced by just about everything else than substance. If you have something to sell, you have to take advantage of human nature and just about everything that influences people's brains. And I think the science says a lot of non-substantive things influence people's brains.

JK/SEA
09-17-2015, 08:24 PM

yeah, he needs to be more like trump, right?...

ffs..he's a U.S. Senator. Ever watch them debate on the floor?

Mr.NoSmile
09-17-2015, 08:27 PM

Because everyone needs to have an opinion on something and make people believe they're experts...they're idiots.

Jonderdonk
09-17-2015, 08:31 PM
Because everyone needs to have an opinion on something and make people believe they're experts...they're idiots.

Mission statement of the site: "This site is dedicated to facilitating discussion and initiatives that aim to advance society in a civil manner for the betterment of all."

I believe that discussion should encouraged.

Feeding the Abscess
09-17-2015, 08:31 PM
How is he supposed to know when the camera is on him?

WD-NY
09-17-2015, 10:04 PM
Because I have a very low opinion of humanity in the sense that they are more influenced by just about everything else than substance. If you have something to sell, you have to take advantage of human nature and just about everything that influences people's brains. And I think the science says a lot of non-substantive things influence people's brains.

This ftw. Fan of Scott McAdam's (Dilbert) blog?
http://blog.dilbert.com (http://blog.dilbert.com/)

Crashland
09-17-2015, 10:30 PM
This ftw. Fan of Scott McAdam's (Dilbert) blog?
http://blog.dilbert.com

I'm a fan of Dilbert and have enjoyed some of his books, but hadn't seen the blog, I will check it out thx :)

Southron
09-17-2015, 11:02 PM
At least his suit fits :)

CaptUSA
09-18-2015, 05:48 AM
At least his suit fits :)

What about his eyebrows? I mean, the important stuff...

65fastback2+2
09-18-2015, 06:14 AM

his hair needs fewer curls per inch

euphemia
09-18-2015, 06:15 AM
He was probably coached to do this, since he was seen as petulant (with the eye rolls and the frowning) in the last debate.

I suppose looking at the moderators and courteously paying attention to the other candidates would have been too much.

dannno
09-18-2015, 06:21 AM

lol, has the OP thought that maybe they are purposely panning to him when he is doing it and he has no control over when they pan to him?

dannno
09-18-2015, 06:21 AM
I suppose looking at the moderators and courteously paying attention to the other candidates would have been too much.

He probably was, but why would they pan over to him if he is doing that?

euphemia
09-18-2015, 06:24 AM

On television, every detail counts. Did you notice the fleck of dust on Christie's right sleeve? The camera did. Did you notice Rubio's unruly hair? The camera sure did. Did you see how the camera had a hard time keeping up with Trump's shifting?

Television is a visual media. The look is very important. Huckabee's look is flawless. Fiorina was flawless. Christie's hair was much better this time. Trump's combover is really dated and distracting. His stylist makes way too much money to let that go on.

65fastback2+2
09-18-2015, 06:56 AM

give it a rest dude...the smart candidates were all writing when needed. it was people who know how to debate properly do.

Bern
09-18-2015, 07:20 AM

You assume the camera is always on you from the moment you enter the room.

Bern
09-18-2015, 07:22 AM
On television, every detail counts. Did you notice ...

CNN trolled Jeb hard with that green light shining on his hair. It was reminiscent of The Joker from Batman.