PDA

View Full Version : Father of clock bomb kid who got a White House invite is a Sudanese presidential candidate.

fatjohn
09-17-2015, 03:30 AM
http://www.okayafrica.com/news/istandwithahmed-mohamed-elhassan-mohamed-sudanese-father-backstory/

What an amazing coincidence!

fatjohn
09-17-2015, 06:06 AM
- obama is a shady president who creates "that's racist" fake stories to have a secret meeting with a muslim (extremist?) leader - BUMP

Zippyjuan
09-17-2015, 05:46 PM
Evidence of his extremism? (not all muslims are extremists). And it was the son who was invited to the White House.

http://northdallasgazette.com/2015/02/23/irving-resident-makes-his-second-bid-for-election-as-president-of-sudan/

Mohamed Elhassan Mohamed, born in Sudan in 1961 but long time resident of Irving, has announced plans to run for President of the African nation Sudan. The oldest of nine boys, he is now the father of seven children.

Mohamed’s journey in America has taken him from selling hot dogs on the street corners of New York City to driving cabs in Dallas before he went on to own a cab company. The company grew to 200 drivers in the ranks before he sold Jet Taxi to Yellow Cab.

His childhood in the African village was filled with hardships and struggles, but Mohamed aspired for more and gained his degree from Cairo University in Khartoum in philosophy.

Education has it’s benefits, but it is not a magic bullet to solve all problems, Mohamed shared, “My struggle did not decrease, but my ambition increased. I worked at Khartoum International airport as an employee of assistance clearance customs until I became the director of clearance customs, and the president of workers. Once I realized my dream was bigger than what Sudan had to offer I immigrated to America in the mid-1980’s.”

Unfortunately his degree was not accepted in America so he found himself selling hot dogs, candy, and newspapers in Manhattan.

“I realized this wasn’t enough for me, and I packed my bag and moved to Dallas, Texas y’all,” Mohamed shared.

He started out as a pizza delivery man before he became a taxi driver. But while he was working he was also pursuing his education in America at Spring Creek Community College in Plano.

“I excelled in the transportation and communication businesses which helped me as an entrepreneur.”

In addition to Jet Taxi, Mohamed created two companies, one in America called Paradise Prime Investment, and one in Sudan called AlSufi International for solar energy. He serves as president of the AlSufi Center in Irving.

Also, Mohamed still takes time to help others in his adopted homeland, serving as a mentor at Jack E. Singely Academy High school in Irving.

But his love for his native land has led him to stay involved. He serves as the vice president of the National Reform Party in Sudan and was nominated for President in 2010 and 2015.

“When I went for the elections in 2010 they were rigid. When I was there my country was worse than I had left it. I saw people starve, and babies, die, and women cry in Darfur. No peace. No justice. So I am back to save my Sudan, so help me God. I’m hope for my country to become great, and to reestablish good connections with America. My country is going through economic hardship because of the embargo, and I would like to lift it.”

http://www.vox.com/2015/9/16/9339063/ahmed-mohamed-elhassan

Mohamed, who leads a small congregation of Sufi Muslims, a mystical sect of Islam that is generally more liberal

Danke
09-17-2015, 05:59 PM
Should be an interesting meeting:

http://www.jenniferbraceras.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/photo.jpg

enhanced_deficit
09-17-2015, 09:10 PM
Kid is being invited to WH, Facebook CEO has invited him and next Sudan champ George Calooney from Hollywood neocon stunts brigade will take this black Sudanese child for scenic tour of Gaza.
No apology still for arrest of lawyer of unarmed black mother Miriam Carey who was shot in the back of her head after making a wrong traffic turn by DC cops..probably because of her blackness among other biased verdicts.
DGP's masters got game, fo sure.

Evidence of his extremism? (not all muslims are extremists). And it was the son who was invited to the White House.

Obama is not an extremist. But your answer to below question could change that verdict.

Any idea why this drone victim child was not invited to White House when she came to DC all the way from Afghanistan?

9 year old girl who survived drone attack comes to DC (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?431958-Girl-who-survived-Obama-drone-attack-is-younger-than-his-daughter)

idiom
09-18-2015, 04:21 AM
Sufi's are pretty much hard core pacifists. They are about as far as you can get from Wahhabi and still be monotheistic.

TheTexan
09-18-2015, 08:06 AM
Still not buying it, Ahmed.

AngryCanadian
09-18-2015, 08:29 AM
- obama is a shady president who creates "that's racist" fake stories to have a secret meeting with a muslim (extremist?) leader - BUMP

You NeoCons are getting desperate. This is getting more ridicules even worse then what the young conservatives had posted and shared on twitter. Good luck winning in 2016 with this idiotic attitude.

First it were the Germans then Russians, Serbs, then Iraqis and now a bit of a mix. :rolleyes:

Ender
09-18-2015, 08:44 AM
Sufi's are pretty much hard core pacifists. They are about as far as you can get from Wahhabi and still be monotheistic.

Yep.

OReich
09-18-2015, 04:43 PM
An anti-"Islamophobia" activist's son goes to school with a ticking suitcase filled with wires and computer chips. I'm from the Middle East, just like this kid's dad. A ticking suitcase with wires and computer chips is just like an abandoned backpack. Stay away from it, it might explode. Unfortunately, in a few years, the entire Western world will know what Middle Easterners know: stay away from ticking suitcases with wires and computer chips. You want to prove you're tolerant by acting like there's nothing wrong with it, that's fine. But don't put other ppl in danger and pretend there's nothing suspicious about this. What's next, ppl start doing impromptu paintball tournaments in the middle of the street, and then cry "__________ophobia" when cops shoot them?

ThePaleoLibertarian
09-18-2015, 04:55 PM
Sufis are are also considered heretics by other Muslims; many say that they're not Muslims at all.

enhanced_deficit
09-18-2015, 05:15 PM
An anti-"Islamophobia" activist's son goes to school with a ticking suitcase filled with wires and computer chips. I'm from the Middle East, just like this kid's dad. A ticking suitcase with wires and computer chips is just like an abandoned backpack. Stay away from it, it might explode. Unfortunately, in a few years, the entire Western world will know what Middle Easterners know: stay away from ticking suitcases with wires and computer chips. You want to prove you're tolerant by acting like there's nothing wrong with it, that's fine. But don't put other ppl in danger and pretend there's nothing suspicious about this. What's next, ppl start doing impromptu paintball tournaments in the middle of the street, and then cry "__________ophobia" when cops shoot them?

You are Israeli or supporter of Israeli policies if not misreading your posts? If so, should US become more like Israel, the only modern freedom democracy in mideast, and start profiling people of some races?

In Israel, Racial Profiling Doesn't Warrant Debate, or Apologies (http://www.haaretz.com/print-edition/news/in-israel-racial-profiling-doesn-t-warrant-debate-or-apologies-1.261075)

The Americans Who Aren't Allowed to Visit Israel (http://www.haaretz.com/opinion/.premium-1.669734)

TheTexan
09-18-2015, 05:22 PM

Stay away from clocks with exposed circuitry as well. Those can also explode.

ThePaleoLibertarian
09-18-2015, 05:24 PM
You are Israeli or supporter of Israeli policies if not misreading your posts? If so, should US become more like Israel, the only modern freedom democracy in mideast, and start profiling people of some races?

In Israel, Racial Profiling Doesn't Warrant Debate, or Apologies (http://www.haaretz.com/print-edition/news/in-israel-racial-profiling-doesn-t-warrant-debate-or-apologies-1.261075)

The Americans Who Aren't Allowed to Visit Israel (http://www.haaretz.com/opinion/.premium-1.669734)
Anti-profiling hysteria is absurd.

TheTexan
09-18-2015, 05:29 PM
Stay away from clocks with exposed circuitry as well. Those can also explode.

Actually, stay away from any kind of exposed circuitry, is best.
If you see a Raspberry Pi for example do not DO NOT get close to it. Call the authorities.

enhanced_deficit
09-18-2015, 05:32 PM
Anti-profiling hysteria is absurd.

Yes it is.. especially when you are in a violent conflict with non-chosen races.

Ender
09-18-2015, 06:18 PM

This kid didn't go to school with a ticking suitcase- he brought his clock in and showed it to his teacher. His teacher told him to hide it.

If the teacher had been smart and a REAL teacher, he would have kept it, showed it to everyone, and let the kid explain how it worked.

End of so-called problem.

Valli6
09-18-2015, 06:35 PM
I'm not seeing the time-telling part here? This looks like his goal was to make something that resembles a briefcase bomb, and includes a clock function… somewhere? (much like an actual briefcase bomb).

TheCount
09-18-2015, 06:36 PM
I'm not seeing the time-telling part here? This looks like his goal was to make something that resembles a briefcase bomb, and includes a clock function… somewhere? (much like an actual briefcase bomb).

It's very hard to notice, but if you look closely there's a gigantic red screen which is literally the largest part of the device aside from the briefcase itself.

ThePaleoLibertarian
09-18-2015, 06:40 PM

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=4544&stc=1
I'm sorry, that looks like a bomb. The way proglodytes have been going on about it, I was expecting something that looked far ​different. I guarantee that if he took that into an event where Obama was present, he'd have been arrested there too.

Valli6
09-18-2015, 06:45 PM
It's very hard to notice, but if you look closely there's a gigantic red screen which is literally the largest part of the device aside from the briefcase itself.
Ah. I didn't recognize that as "clockface". It looks like a red rectangle. I suppose when it's turned on numbers light up and it looks more like… a bomb.

Anti Federalist
09-18-2015, 08:34 PM
I guarantee that if he took that into an event where Obama was present, he'd have been arrested there too.

No arguing that...

Batman
09-18-2015, 08:45 PM
I don't know. Bombs typically have an explosive fuse. I don't see one in the picture. Teachers need to know more STEM.

alucard13mm
09-18-2015, 08:50 PM
lol.. Did Obama meet with kids that get suspended or expelled for biting a pop tart in shape of gun? Making a gun shape out of hand? Saying how a cloud looks like a gun?

rofl... I am not a gun not and I personally don't own a gun. :3... but seems you have a bigger chance of seeing big O if you are a minority.

DisneyFan
09-18-2015, 08:54 PM
All of this talk about a briefcase.

There was no briefcase.

It's a tiny case. More like a pencil case than anything else.

Origanalist
09-18-2015, 09:10 PM
lol.. Did Obama meet with kids that get suspended or expelled for biting a pop tart in shape of gun? Making a gun shape out of hand? Saying how a cloud looks like a gun?

rofl... I am not a gun not and I personally don't own a gun. :3... but seems you have a bigger chance of seeing big O if you are a minority.

Seems that way.....

brushfire
09-18-2015, 09:58 PM
I'm sorry, that looks like a bomb. The way proglodytes have been going on about it, I was expecting something that looked far ​different. I guarantee that if he took that into an event where Obama was present, he'd have been arrested there too.

Looks pretty easy to replicate... Someone should create an exact duplicate and try to use it as a carry-on at the airport.

"WTF MAN!!?? ITS A FN CLOCK! RACIST!" We'll see if that person gets an invite to the whitehouse.

Origanalist
09-18-2015, 10:22 PM
Looks pretty easy to replicate... Someone should create an exact duplicate and try to use it as a carry-on at the airport.

"WTF MAN!!?? ITS A FN CLOCK! RACIST!" We'll see if that person gets an invite to the whitehouse.

Ha ha ha, fat chance.

Ender
09-19-2015, 09:08 AM
All of this talk about a briefcase.

There was no briefcase.

It's a tiny case. More like a pencil case than anything else.

Exactly- it's a pencil case and the length of a....wait for it....... pencil! ;)

Valli6
09-19-2015, 11:15 AM
Ahmed Mohamed is hardly the first student to get into trouble for making something that’s not a bomb!

Considering what his father does (there’s more than OP mentions), the perfectly posed photos (so heart-rending - all he’s missing is the tear rolling down his little cheek :rolleyes:), the instantaneous outpouring of support, the swift conclusion that he’s a victim of islamaphobia, invite to the white house within hours?! - I can only conclude the entire farce was set up for the sake of some pc propaganda.

Don’t get me wrong - I agree 100% that arresting him for this gadget was thoroughly stupid. It shouldn’t require too much examination to ascertain that it’s missing something if you want to injure people with it. But it does resemble the stereotypical timing device homemade bombs tend to include which, let’s admit it, is a clock with wires coming out of it, often contained within a case. I do not believe a kid his age would not be aware of this! Is he smart or not?

I’m surprised no one has brought up the college student arrested some years ago for leaving a cartoon “bomb” in the back seat of his car - quite sure there was a thread here about that.

This kid took a black ball, glued a “fuse” to the top of it, and printed the letters B-O-M-B on the front of it. It was some sort of prop or joke. Someone saw it in the car, called the cops, and there was a huge deal made of it. Can’t remember for sure, but I believe the guy was punished in some way over it. He certainly wasn’t praised and invited to the White House.

Anyone tossing accusations around about “brown people” and xenophobia is full of sh!t.
He was arrested due to those same old zero-tolerance policies, nothing else.

TheTexan
09-19-2015, 11:30 AM
The important thing is nobody was hurt.

Valli6
09-19-2015, 11:31 AM
Why no publicity on this one? Obama never made a fart joke? Can't identify with this straight A student?

Fart joke leads to bomb scare as 11 agencies swoop down on Mississippi school
February 11, 2012
By NINA GOLGOWSKI

The aunt of a student accused of making a bomb threat that alerted 11 government agencies to his school says it was a fart joke misinterpreted.

Harold Wayne Hadley, Jr., 19, was arrested Tuesday after toilet paper referencing 'a bomb' being dropped in the Ellisville Mississippi school's library was linked back to him.

'He was in the restroom doodling on some toilet paper and I am going to just let modesty go and tell you, we are from the country, and so he calls passing gas, bombs,' his aunt who wished to be unnamed told WDAM.

Bond was set Wednesday at $20,000 for the student of Jones County Junior College.

No bomb was found.

Investigators questioned specifically of what was written on the paper would not say but said it was more explicit than, 'I passed a bomb in the library.'

The family of Mr Hadley tells WDAM that he was a straight A student scheduled to graduate this coming May.

He remains in the Jones County jail until his hearing.

If convicted he could face 10 years in jail time as well as a $10,000 fine.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2099883/Fart-joke-leads-bomb-scare-11-agencies-swoop-Mississippi-school.html

Zippyjuan
09-19-2015, 11:36 AM
What sort of device did he invent?

Valli6
09-19-2015, 11:39 AM
Autistic kid suspended indefinitely for this terrifying PICTURE of a bomb
10/16/2013

Yet another student has landed in trouble for having something that represents a weapon, but isn’t actually anything like a real weapon.

This time it’s an autistic middle school student in South Carolina who was suspended until further notice after he brought a cartoonish drawing of a bomb he drew to school, reports local NBC affiliate WYFF.

The student, 13-year-old Rhett Parham, showed his drawing to some older students at Hill Crest Middle School in Greenville. They reported it to school officials.

They boy said he got the idea to draw the bomb from a video game called Bomberman Hero. Parham likes to watch YouTube clips of the game on his home computer. The game involves a hero, Bomberman, who seeks to rescue a captured princess.
(more) http://dailycaller.com/2013/10/16/autistic-kid-suspended-indefinitely-for-this-terrifying-picture-of-a-bomb/
4546 4547

Danke
09-19-2015, 11:41 AM

Another digital clock?

Valli6
09-19-2015, 11:44 AM
Ahmed Mohamed soldered some parts together. That's only impressive to those who've never tried it. He invented nothing.
Frankly, it would take a lot more intelligence and skill to build an analogue clock.

enhanced_deficit
09-19-2015, 01:07 PM
I'm sorry, that looks like a bomb. The way proglodytes have been going on about it, I was expecting something that looked far ​different.

http://www.chrismadden.co.uk/images/cartoons/bomb-rorschach-inkblot-test-cartoon-chris-madden.jpg

I guarantee that if he took that into an event where Obama was present, he'd have been arrested there too.

You are most probably right about that, invoking of profiling based on skin color and other suspected traits is far more accetable when top officials surroundings are concerned compared to some mundane school where a regular joe takes profiling in his/her own hands for safety.

http://d236bkdxj385sg.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/miriam-carey.png

There is reason neither White House nor any Congress leader nor Facebook CEO has invited family of executed unarmed black mother Miriam Carey for a visit.

If this kid had been shot in DC by elite cops instead of being arrested by these lowly state cops, Congress would have probably given standing ovasion to the cops responsible.

Related
https://apexsecurityinc.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/see_something_lg1.jpg

(http://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CAcQjRxqFQoTCMy-_bLig8gCFQvXHgod7KcLoA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.reuters.com%2Farticle%2F2012% 2F09%2F28%2Fus-un-assembly-israel-iran-idUSBRE88Q0GI20120928&psig=AFQjCNHU9qkEGtxjHDOeWnpUPMFbAEFBlA&ust=1442775136010790)

VIDEODROME
09-19-2015, 01:50 PM
http://www.bostonbomb.xstechatlanta.com/Images/motivator1506197.jpg

EBounding
09-19-2015, 07:04 PM
If Ahmed had built his clock in Yemen, Obama would have sent a hellfire missile, not a tweet (http://rare.us/story/if-ahmed-had-built-his-clock-in-yemen-obama-would-have-sent-a-hellfire-missile-not-a-tweet/)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gcNEC9NaJuE

fatjohn
09-22-2015, 02:23 PM
You NeoCons are getting desperate. This is getting more ridicules even worse then what the young conservatives had posted and shared on twitter. Good luck winning in 2016 with this idiotic attitude.

First it were the Germans then Russians, Serbs, then Iraqis and now a bit of a mix. :rolleyes:

Lol if you believe this is an actual coincidence then there's no hope for you.

Dad runs for president in Sudan, uses son to be mistaken as terrorist, media blows it up deliberately on orders of obama administration, obama invites to white house.

or

Kid has a passion for clocks, strips a real clock and puts it in a pencase holder, goes to school unannounced trying to get credit for his "invention" without discussing his plans to anyone with half a brain, gets arrested like so many do for wrong reasons, a whole political correct movement happens to breaks out, gets invited to white house, his dad just happen to be a presidential candidate in sudan.

I know which one is more sensible. Nothing happens without a reason. Definitely not in the "media"

erowe1
09-22-2015, 02:28 PM
I'm not seeing the time-telling part here?

You mean the enormous red number display?

Zippyjuan
09-22-2015, 04:46 PM
Lol if you believe this is an actual coincidence then there's no hope for you.

Dad runs for president in Sudan, uses son to be mistaken as terrorist, media blows it up deliberately on orders of obama administration, obama invites to white house.

or

Kid has a passion for clocks, strips a real clock and puts it in a pencase holder, goes to school unannounced trying to get credit for his "invention" without discussing his plans to anyone with half a brain, gets arrested like so many do for wrong reasons, a whole political correct movement happens to breaks out, gets invited to white house, his dad just happen to be a presidential candidate in sudan.

I know which one is more sensible. Nothing happens without a reason. Definitely not in the "media"

He ran, but his name didn't even appear on the ballot. Neither did his party.

http://www.vox.com/2015/9/16/9339063/ahmed-mohamed-elhassan

In 2010, he ran for president in Sudan for the National Reform Party and created a campaign website, which described him this way:

ElHassan is no stranger to adversity and experienced hardship firsthand, and during his lifetime has cultivated a deep sense of humanitarianism, tolerance and patience… Mohammed became proficient in all the religious sciences and has become an aficionado of prose and poetry. He attended many public events from his early age and unintentionally upstaged other expert orators in religious and political debates and remains unequalled. He is a passionate and sometimes amusing speaker of wisdom, logic and the realities of modern-day life. He possesses a deep insight into the causes of things and is dedicated to his principles.

Neither he nor his party actually appeared on the ballot. But Mohamed ran again in 2015, promising to negotiate lifting the sanctions on Sudan, ratify human rights treaties, and repeal laws against converting from Islam. (The Sudan Tribune, based in Paris, ran a story on his platform.)

So he really wasn't much of a candidate for the Sudan Presidency. Hardcore Muslims probably would not have liked his party platform anyways.

twomp
09-22-2015, 08:17 PM
Why no publicity on this one? Obama never made a fart joke? Can't identify with this straight A student?

And do you understand why the school did what they did in this instance as well? You seem to be fine with what they did to the kid in Texas.

Valli6
09-23-2015, 10:00 AM
And do you understand why the school did what they did in this instance as well? You seem to be fine with what they did to the kid in Texas.

This is a ridiculous thing to suggest. I've only pointed out that the response to this kid was the same as the response to other persons who were accused in other obviously-not-really-a-bomb situations. He was not singled out because he's muslim, but held to the same zero-tolerance standard as everyone else. Would you agree, or is it only important to you that everyone hold the opinion that he's suffered unique abuse due entirely to skin color and the fact that he happens to be muslim?

How many times do I have to repeat that zero-tolerance policies are at fault here? How do you conclude that because I know of, and allude to previous bad results of schools' zero-tolerance policies, that I must support them? That's narrow-mindedness on your part.

My rejection of hero status for the kid, hardly means I support zero-tolerance policies, either. We now know that the thing he was showing around was not some creation he was proud of, but literally a purchased clock he'd removed from it's case. He was lying when he claimed to have made his own clock, which demonstrates a lack of integrity. Are any of his other claims lies? If he has some special knack for electronics, he didn't exhibit it by showing around a pre-assembled clock he bought. For unknown reasons, his parents won't allow the school or cops to release any details that might clarify what occurred once he was removed from class, so there plenty of facts missing from the story.

Don't get the obsession to go on and on regarding this one story, when we've seen bad results from zero-tolerance polices so many times before.

kahless
09-23-2015, 12:17 PM
Ahmed’s ‘Clock’ Could be Dog Whistle for Islamists
http://www.breitbart.com/texas/2015/09/23/glenn-beck-ahmeds-clock-dog-whistle-islamists/

The Irving mayor would not quite sign on to that theory but questioned the rapid attention the incident garnered from the White House. “In fact,” Van Duyne responded, “I don’t even think the picture of the hoax bomb was released before [President Obama] tweeted out, ‘Cool clock, kid.'”
Van Duyne implied there is more to the story than has been released. She said the Mohamed family should allow the school to release all of the information related to the incident. “This is one side of the story,” the mayor said, “but the other side of the story is not coming out.”
Jim Hansen with the Center for Security Policy sided with Beck and questioned why Ahmed would bring the clock to school in the first place.
...He continued, explaining that Mohamed was a “pawn” who had been put up to creating the incident.

Zippyjuan
09-23-2015, 12:21 PM
A "dog whistle for Islamists", eh? So if I carry a clock down the street (does wearing a watch count? Or a cell phone), then terrorists will follow me around?

http://images2.mtv.com/uri/mgid:file:docroot:vh1.com:/sitewide/flipbooks/img/shows/hip_hop_honors_2009/hhh_2009_red_carpet/01_91098162.jpg?enlarge=false&matte=true&matteColor=black&quality=0.85

“In fact,” Van Duyne responded, “I don’t even think the picture of the hoax bomb was released before [President Obama] tweeted out, ‘Cool clock, kid.'”
Tweet was on September 16th. https://twitter.com/potus/status/644193755814342656

Picture was out before that. Article from the 15th: http://www.wfaa.com/story/news/local/dallas-county/2015/09/15/irving-isd-student-detained-for-device-resembling-bomb/72339246/

Ahmed Mohamed, 14, shows the device that raised suspicions at MacArthur High School. (Photo: WFAA)

...He continued, explaining that Mohamed was a “pawn” who had been put up to creating the incident.

The government is behind everything. Even what kids decide to bring to school.

erowe1
09-23-2015, 12:33 PM
Jim Hansen with the Center for Security Policy sided with Beck and questioned why Ahmed would bring the clock to school in the first place.

Do you agree with this, Kahless?

erowe1
09-23-2015, 12:35 PM
How many times do I have to repeat that zero-tolerance policies are at fault here?

A few more times might be nice. Because from some of your posts it looks like you don't take the kid's side here.

Ender
09-23-2015, 12:35 PM
Ahmed’s ‘Clock’ Could be Dog Whistle for Islamists
http://www.breitbart.com/texas/2015/09/23/glenn-beck-ahmeds-clock-dog-whistle-islamists/

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/muslim-boy-14-arrested-in-texas-after-teacher-mistakes-his-clock-for-bomb/

The boy makes his own radios, repairs his own go-kart and on Sunday spent about 20 minutes before bedtime assembling a clock using a circuit board, power supply wired to a digital display and other items, The Dallas Morning News reported.

Irving police Chief Larry Boyd said Wednesday that Mohamed will not be charged with possessing a hoax bomb because there's no evidence that he meant to cause any harm. Boyd said the clock that Ahmed built looked "suspicious in nature."

kahless
09-23-2015, 02:34 PM
VIDEO: Students Say Ahmed Mohamed's Clock Actually DOES Look Like a Bomb

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A4KOW92fbSM

Zippyjuan
09-23-2015, 02:59 PM
If he showed them the real size of the pencil case with the clock inside it the response would likely have been somewhat different. Also possible non-bomb responses were edited out. It looks like a briefcase so people are assuming it is a full sized brief case loaded with electronics. Some people here making the same mistake. It is about eight inches the long way.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51zVIc64naL.jpg

Batman
09-23-2015, 03:28 PM
VIDEO: Students Say Ahmed Mohamed's Clock Actually DOES Look Like a Bomb

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A4KOW92fbSM

Yes. That girl in the Batman shirt looks like an expert on bombs.

Valli6
09-24-2015, 11:24 AM
A few more times might be nice. Because from some of your posts it looks like you don't take the kid's side here.
I dislike liars, and dislike seeing a liar rewarded for his deceit, therefore I dislike this little prick.
The zero-tolerance policy that led to his arrest does not alter the fact that he continues misrepresenting what he did and accepting rewards he didn't earn. That doesn't mean I think he deserves to be arrested.
What? You can't grasp disliking both?

Valli6
09-24-2015, 11:37 AM
If he showed them the real size of the pencil case with the clock inside it the response would likely have been somewhat different. Also possible non-bomb responses were edited out. It looks like a briefcase so people are assuming it is a full sized brief case loaded with electronics. Some people here making the same mistake. It is about eight inches the long way.
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51zVIc64naL.jpg

You're right that the photo is misleading. It looks like a full-sized briefcase at first glance.
But I think if he'd put his clock innards in a Hello Kitty pencil case, people would've still assumed it might be a bomb.
---

(Oh, and bringing the ramblings of Glenn Beck into the equation is just a waste of everyone's time.)