PDA

View Full Version : Allow blimp discussions here for the next 36 hours or so?

Mithridates
12-06-2007, 05:53 AM
I don't check out any subforums besides this one myself except the blimp one (and December 16th I guess) so I would have no way of knowing what's going on over there unless there was a thread over here as well. Would it be possible to have a single blimp thread here on the main grassroots forum until the deadline is reached? To avoid overkill we could only post on a single thread and banish any others to the subforum with a link back to the main one.

tsetsefly
12-06-2007, 05:54 AM
yes.

szczebrzeszyn
12-06-2007, 05:57 AM
No, thanks. We've already had it here for the past few days.

speciallyblend
12-06-2007, 06:19 AM
please do,if you dont want to read a blimp post,dont open it and then post geez

I dont care if there are 30 blimp posts,put them in grassroots

speciallyblend
12-06-2007, 06:21 AM
bump for the naysayers

troyd1
12-06-2007, 06:21 AM
I agree. We need to make everyone aware that we are coming down to the wire and need everyone that committed to five to give. If you can afford to give, especially if you are maxed at $2300, please give. We need $75 in 2 days!

RonPaulCult
12-06-2007, 06:35 AM
This blimp is GRASSROOTS and it is so important it should be a sticky at the top of this page - so at least let us have a thread here for a few days.

If you ask me there should even be a banner on the start page. We neeeeeeeeeeeeed this blimp!

Ozwest
12-06-2007, 06:43 AM
Seems a "no brainer" to me.

This project would be a done deal if not for the concerted effort of mysterious new, or almost new members.

Debate is good, but outside forces are conspiring, and it's time to take back the high ground for a few hours.

CelestialRender
12-06-2007, 06:52 AM
Aye, at least one thread (pretty please!). We need to make sure to hit that deadline; it's got too much momentum now to let it die.

CelestialRender
12-06-2007, 06:53 AM
Seems a "no brainer" to me.

This project would be a done deal if not for the concerted effort of mysterious new, or almost new members.

Debate is good, but outside forces are conspiring, and it's time to take back the high ground for a few hours.

QFT. Case in point: The only detractor in this thread has less than 100 posts. I think I've only seen maybe 5 blimp detractors using their real handles.

JordanL
12-06-2007, 06:59 AM
QFT. Case in point: The only detractor in this thread has less than 100 posts. I think I've only seen maybe 5 blimp detractors using their real handles.

This is the truth... we are 36 hours from failure or 72 hours from success. It's all up to us!

JoshLowry
12-06-2007, 07:02 AM
I'll allow one thread as a reminder to donate that can be bumped over the next two days.

Someone make it. :)

Ozwest
12-06-2007, 07:15 AM
It's exciting to have new members and to feed off their enthusiasm, and this forum should remain open and free.

Unfortunately, the numbers of trolls is also increasing at an alarming rate, and I for one will be cautiously questioning the objectives of some.

By no means a witch hunt, but some newer members are here for no other reason than to sabotage this forum and the grass roots.

JordanL
12-06-2007, 07:15 AM
I'll allow one thread as a reminder to donate that can be bumped over the next two days.

Done.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?p=540257#post540257

LibertyEagle
12-06-2007, 07:16 AM
It might help to give the website, guys. ;)

http://www.ronpaulblimp.com/

Ozwest
12-06-2007, 07:17 AM
Thanks Josh.

Jagwarr
12-06-2007, 07:47 AM

Since this thread is not the official one and will likely be moved or drop away I'll mention this here.

You guys might consider staying positive in your new thread. Posts like the above are not going to help. Lots of people have under 100 posts and you just called them all ghosts for no reason, this type of comment only seperates us further.

There is a reason some people don't support this idea at the moment, had the community been kept informed during the desicion making process this would have never happened. The person who decicded not to inform the communty did the same exact thing only two weeks prior and came and apologized for it and promised never to do it again, but he did and on a much larger scale and that is what caused the problems, not the people who felt that such actions were wrong but the action itself was wrong.

OK, we all understand there is a bigger goal but there are some that will not forgive that type of repeated behavior. Calling us spies and the like is not going to win anyone over. I'm not trying to change anyones mind but just hope you guys understand the other side.

I'm pretty sure you will reach your goal by tomorrow and staying friendly even towards those who disagree will help you reach that goal. We ARE all on the same team, and for the most part those who disagree have been staying out of the threads. You might win some of those back if you remain positive over the next hours in your new thread, being negative will not help.

Mithridates
12-06-2007, 07:56 AM

Thanks! I'll start posting on that thread now.