PDA

View Full Version : Did anyone catch the Frank Luntz Focus group on the Kelly File?

mello
09-17-2015, 01:53 AM
Frank asked the group, "Rand Paul, who had a positive reaction to him tonight?"

Nobody raised their hands. Frank literally shouted out, "Oh, come on!" to get a couple to briefly raise their hands. The three people that said something:

Guy 1: "Liked a little bit of his tax policy...but everything else."

Black Woman: "He just didn't do anything for me."

Guy 2: "A little bit too isolationist for me, maybe."

Honestly...what the fuck?

SneakyFrenchSpy
09-17-2015, 02:00 AM
It's faker than WWE. Remember that guy?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n3BDvfAf2c4

BrooklynZoo
09-17-2015, 02:09 AM
Frank, I feel is paid first and foremost to promote the agenda of his employer, in this case Fox News. Frank himself has actually stated that he is somewhat partial to Rand and likes the language he uses when addressing topics.

In the first debate, they clearly did not want Trump to appear the winner, so his focus group was chosen to make it appear that he was not. However, Trump's poll numbers did nothing but increase post-debate and they looked stupid, even Trump calling out Luntz's focus group as "fake". This time, Fox clearly wanted to push Fiorina and detract from Paul so that's what you got. I mean come on, these people claimed Scott Walker came across well and accomplished.

Anyone who says Rand was, "a bit too isolationist" has no idea what isolationism is and obviously wasn't even paying attention to what he said during the debate about wanting to be more engaged in the world diplomatically when the others expressed enthusiasm about closing off from anyone we disagree with. As Bastiat said, "When goods don't cross borders, armies will."

dannno
09-17-2015, 02:27 AM
.......nobody else??

Ok.

Fuck you, Frank!

cindy25
09-17-2015, 02:44 AM
all Carly, all the time

RabbitMan
09-17-2015, 03:05 AM
Rand keeps popping up as a loser in the debates based on the opening Trump quip.

I don't understand this at all, I felt like he solidly over performed for what people considered a 2%-er.

Carson was AWFUL. Trump was entertaining and AWFUL. Ted Cruz and Huckabee redundant or at worst irrelevant. Rubio and Kasich became relevant.

Christie performed well. Carly performed well. Jeb performed well enough. Rand performed well.

What are these people smoking, cuz it ain't something as light as weed.

Mr.NoSmile
09-17-2015, 06:07 AM
The average voter probably isn't a RonPaulForums member.

jonhowe
09-17-2015, 06:24 AM
I've signed up for his 'panels' before. They drill you on your political views at several points before accepting you. I should have just lied; I was never picked.

rg17
09-17-2015, 07:24 AM
The Frank Luntz group is retarded.

Rad
09-17-2015, 07:31 AM
Rand can bring the house down on people like this with the 28 pages. An isolationist is better than being a terrorist supporter.

lakerssuck92
09-17-2015, 07:33 AM
His whole panel is staged just like it was for the first debate when supposedly everyone stopped supporting trump but in reality trump actually gained in the polls.

EBounding
09-17-2015, 07:36 AM
Rand does need to sell his Tax plan better. Instead of giving the mundane details of what rates are changing and what's being eliminated just say things like:

A couple earning $60K will save over $5,000 per year.
A family of four earning $50K will pay ZERO federal taxes.
People will no longer have to spend hours and money just to pay their taxes. It will be a 1 page form--easier than getting a dog license (or something)

Liberty74
09-17-2015, 07:41 AM
I guess the black lady is unaware how the expensive war on drugs is a failure and how it effects black communities. Dear god help us all.

RJB
09-17-2015, 07:44 AM
I try to avoid Frank. He's not a good character.

Liberty74
09-17-2015, 07:53 AM
Guy 2 - I bet he loved the isolationist policy of Carly not talking to Putin. These voters are all fools and sheep. No wonder this country has turned into crap thanks to both parties.

Jackie Moon
09-17-2015, 08:19 AM
Even if they were real honest panels, having them together like that seems like it would lead to a group think where once some people say something the others are influenced and give answers to go along with it. Or if someone has a different opinion they are then afraid to speak out and be the only one.

And then that's magnified to all the people at home watching them on TV. When they hear everyone on TV say ____ won, they're going to go along with that when they talk about it with others the next day.

Would be more accurate to have people watching the debate and answering the questions by themselves.

TN_VOL
09-17-2015, 09:06 AM
Tom Woods talked about knowing him, while attending Harvard, on one of his recent podcasts. He basically gave the impression that Luntz was some kind of statist moderate.

surf
09-17-2015, 10:10 AM
fuck you frank

hells_unicorn
09-17-2015, 10:53 AM
In with the disinformation, per usual. I turned off CNN immediately after the debate ended because I knew what was coming, and it's the same song and dance with Fox's lackeys. Regardless of whether or not CNN is able to quash the positive perception of Rand Paul, I refuse to listen to people trying to convince me that I didn't see what I actually just saw, having my intelligence insulted gives me a headache after a while anyway.

surf
09-17-2015, 10:54 AM
speaking of frank, just got this email. i'm quitting the party as we won't caucus this cycle, and this is a reason why

If you missed Dr. Frank Luntz last night, or you just want to hear more from one of the most respected communication professionals in the United States, we’ve got great news for you--

You have an opportunity to hear from Dr. Frank Luntz live and in person at the WSRP Annual Dinner on November 11! As our keynote speaker, Dr. Luntz will discuss how language and communication can shape an election and what Republicans can do, at all levels of government, to come out ahead on Election Day 2016!

Don’t forget to save the date for our Annual Dinner featuring keynote speaker Frank Luntz! Registration opens next week, so mark your calendars—you won’t want to miss this event!

Respectfully,

Susan Hutchison
Chairman, Washington State Republican Party