PDA

View Full Version : What is your reason for not donating to RandPaulDigital.com kickstarter?

nayjevin
09-15-2015, 04:42 AM
Voting results are private.

www.randpauldigital.com/kickstarter (http://www.randpauldigital.com/kickstarter)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XFpRhxypPM8

:toady::toady:

https://twitter.com/RandPaulDigital

09-15-2015, 05:10 AM
I don't need my vote to be private. I'm not donating money because I don't think Rand's candidacy is viable. I'm going to vote for him no matter what, nothing will change my mind. But I can't see throwing money at something with little chance of success. I've been down this road to many times already. If the situation changes, I could be persuaded to give. When it looked like Ron had a good chance in IA last time, I threw a bunch of money at that.

Liberty74
09-15-2015, 05:53 AM
The Rand campaign is doing what needs to be done for digital marketing, social media, etc.

They have a team already in place.

Mr.NoSmile
09-15-2015, 06:33 AM
Other: I have better uses for my money.

jbauer
09-15-2015, 08:01 AM
Rand Paul has all but faded into a distant memory for the 2016 race. Until he starts throwing punches (not his little twitter baby jabs) it isn't going to happen.

I'll vote for the man. He's the best in the bunch.

I know that your project doesn't have anything to do with the official campaign but the way the campaign used the Ron Paul 2012 money to keep Benton out of jail and pay off IA folks...especially with nothing to gain...it became clear to me that even the most consistent man in politics has/had a bunch of shit stains working on his campaign.

So, until I see a reason and/or life from his campaign, I'm kinda over it. Hopefully Thomas Maise or Justin Amash have presidential aspirations. Hopefully they're not going hire the same Aholes from Ron's campaign. Hopefully we have a country left by the time we make it to 2020 or 2024 depending on if team red or blue...(or purple since they're all the same) "wins" the white house.

JohnCifelli1
09-15-2015, 09:25 AM
I'm not going to click "I don't like Rand Paul," but my money stays in my wallet unless Rand climbs into the top 5 in multiple polls before Super Tuesday. I'm with the others who aren't sure he is viable at this point.

65fastback2+2
09-15-2015, 09:31 AM
I'm 100% sure he is viable.

However, we went to a single income 5 months ago and our first child turns 5 months old tomorrow.

Any spare money I have that can go to donations to campaigns goes directly to rand's campaign and no other outside source/pac/etc.

Sola_Fide
09-15-2015, 09:32 AM
"I don't trust Orenbus"

hahaha

adam220891
09-15-2015, 10:04 AM
I backed because I trust it will provide a good ROI. I don't understand the thought that he isn't viable. If we don't make calls, donate, or engage then he won't be viable. We shouldn't wait for him to be viable to do these things. The actions are a means to an end.

Crashland
09-15-2015, 10:37 AM
You're kidding yourself if you thought Ron was ever truly viable to win the GOP nomination. Ron was never even in double digits until near the end. But no one cared, there were grassroots initiatives that happened way before that. It's ironic that those who bash Rand for his practicality are suddenly concerned about whether he is a viable candidate from the polls. This movement clearly is about herding cats and it is entirely our own fault.

65fastback2+2
09-15-2015, 10:51 AM
You're kidding yourself if you thought Ron was ever truly viable to win the GOP nomination. Ron was never even in double digits until near the end. But no one cared, there were grassroots initiatives that happened way before that. It's ironic that those who bash Rand for his practicality are suddenly concerned about whether he is a viable candidate from the polls. This movement clearly is about herding cats and it is entirely our own fault.

no joke. I keep saying this, if rand isnt viable...then who the heck is?! what are the viability criteria?

09-15-2015, 11:01 AM

Ron led the polls briefly with IIRC in the low 20s before the last IA caucus and got second in the NH primary with a full field. If that wasn't viable I don't know what is. After that it went downhill of course.

Crashland
09-15-2015, 12:20 PM
Ron led the polls briefly with IIRC in the low 20s before the last IA caucus and got second in the NH primary with a full field. If that wasn't viable I don't know what is. After that it went downhill of course.

How about 4 months before the caucus? Or where he was in 2008? No Paul supporter used to ever give a shit where he was in the polls, the grassroots was still active way before he became viable, which he never really was to begin with even if he had soundly won the Iowa caucus.

Natural Citizen
09-15-2015, 01:51 PM
Well. Hm. I had planned on just moving on and not participating in discussion here anymore. And I'm going to stick with that. Any contributions to candidates and causes that I support doesn't require me to discuss the issues with people or participate in the platform in a regular way. But I do want to respond to this question. Especially since I'm still a bit annoyed by that self-rightous finger pointing from Barrex the other day.

Anyhow. The reason that I haven't donated to this specific function is because there is at least 1 person involved with it that I don't trust with my personal information as far as I can throw said person. That person has, in my observation, demonstrated time and time again that they have no problem with calling someone out by their name (meaning not their chosen screen name) or in a definitive way, once attained, in a manner with which to attack another person's character simply because they disagree or hold a different opinion with regard to their pet peeve issues on the forum itself. And there have been other projects/endeavors with which I have considered participating only to learn of the same situation. Those, I've also decided to stay away from but did share the courtesy of an explanation as to why to the lead organizers of those functions. As well, there are others who have left this board for whatever reason to create their own platforms for activism whether it be by choice or being banned for reasons of contradiction and even hard feelings that led them to view us as "competition" rather than peers in scope. Although they may hold good intentions politically and there is synergy (for the greater good, I accept) that we see evolve in these endeavors here on our own board with some of those others, there is some trust that must be demonstrated by our own participants in these endeavors. Especially when it comes to personal information, names and that kind of thing. Friends from days gone by who aren't here anymore (at least from a first-person perspective) have said some rather derogatory things about us out in the wild, wild web. This is a cut throat business, unfortunately. Is what it is. And, so, that is all I have to say about that. We, of course, know who we are.

This, in my view, is a truly vindictive, self-serving and evil thing.

So. Yeah. Other. That's my answer. Of course, as I had mentioned elsewhere, there are some truly good people here. There really are. And with the best intentions who contribute what they can within their means. Monetarily as well as actions. This is commendable. We spend so much time patting ourselves on the back in terms of our personal endeavors and questioning others' intentions and activism that we sometimes forget that the course with which we follow yields many paths along the way. And the way is long. Is hardly a hop, skip and a jump.

But I just wanted to answer this question in an honest way. When orenbus had initially asked for my thoughts on it prior to making it public I held a great deal of interest in providing input in some way. And, so, it wasn't the cause that made me pause. Orenbus is a hard worker. A dedicated person. Selfless, so far as I've seen. Unfortunately, we aren't all selfless, recalling my thought there with regard to the former.

jbauer
09-15-2015, 02:07 PM

Because RON had been saying the EXACT same thing from 1968-2012. As far as I'm concerned he was the most honest man in politics. I didn't even agree 100% with everything he said but it was 95% or so. The problem he had is that you have to be able to put a decent amount of thought into who you truly are and your belief system prior to going with RON because he was saying things no one else was saying.

For 90% of the population to actually thinking about who you are is to much work. Especially when it comes to politics.

09-15-2015, 07:08 PM
How about 4 months before the caucus? Or where he was in 2008? No Paul supporter used to ever give a shit where he was in the polls, the grassroots was still active way before he became viable, which he never really was to begin with even if he had soundly won the Iowa caucus.

Like I said there was a brief window before the last IA caucus where it looked like Ron might win it and then he was second in NH. That was the time I though his campaign was viable and had a chance to go somewhere and it is when I donated money to it. All of 2008 and last time from SC on was educational, no chance of winning.

tangent4ronpaul
09-15-2015, 09:51 PM
The project is not inclusive of the rest of the grassroots.

Priority projects are IMO a waste of time, while the one I would be happy to help fund is on the backburner and not a priority.

While I will vote for Rand, he's screwing up and the enthusiasm just is not there. He should be embrasing the grassroots, not ignoring or trying to control us.

-t

Crashland
09-15-2015, 10:13 PM
Priority projects are IMO a waste of time, while the one I would be happy to help fund is on the backburner and not a priority.

Which one would you be referring to?