PDA

View Full Version : Neocon creep Hugh Hewitt -- his role in CNN debate vs Rand?

RonPaulGeorge&Ringo
09-14-2015, 03:03 PM
Hewitt has been playing nice with Rand Paul so far this campaign cycle, but I think we can expect him to attack Rand Paul on some bullshit at the CNN debate Wednesday.

I think it will likely be on Israel and Rand's support for ending all foreign aid.

It could be on something else though.

What should Rand be on the lookout for from this asshole on Wednesday?

jllundqu
09-14-2015, 03:09 PM
Rand needs to put his big boy pants on and shake the pillars or the neocon establishment. Give a principled version of a constitutional foreign policy. This debate will either end Rand's political aspirations, or be a chance for him to set the tone for being the sole voice of peace and reason. The "Conservative Base" has gone full-HAWK retard as of late, thanks largely in part to 24/7 propaganda machine, ISIS, etc. If Rand tries to pander and play the middle... he loses everything. If he plays a card from his father's deck and sticks up for human rights, constitutional policy, and articulates a vision of human liberty... he may have a chance.

It's the only chance he will have left to set off some kind of spark in the minds of a once free thinking people.

I will be watching (and hoping), but not holding my breath.

CPUd
09-14-2015, 03:19 PM
He did all right when they asked him about it in the first debate.

RonPaulMall
09-14-2015, 03:45 PM
The establishment's focus is entirely consumed with taking down Trump, and if they have anything left over from that they'll direct it at Carson. Rand doesn't have to worry about anything from these creeps, at least for now. His entire focus needs to be on presenting himself in a way that increases his support such that he'll get himself back on the establishment's radar.

KEEF
09-14-2015, 03:52 PM
Just be clear and articulate so that your policies can be understood by all Boobus Americanus. Short, sweet, and to the point so for easy replay blurbs via the MSM.

JohnCifelli1
09-14-2015, 04:03 PM
Rand needs to put his big boy pants on and shake the pillars or the neocon establishment. Give a principled version of a constitutional foreign policy. This debate will either end Rand's political aspirations, or be a chance for him to set the tone for being the sole voice of peace and reason. The "Conservative Base" has gone full-HAWK retard as of late, thanks largely in part to 24/7 propaganda machine, ISIS, etc. If Rand tries to pander and play the middle... he loses everything. If he plays a card from his father's deck and sticks up for human rights, constitutional policy, and articulates a vision of human liberty... he may have a chance.

It's the only chance he will have left to set off some kind of spark in the minds of a once free thinking people.

I will be watching (and hoping), but not holding my breath.

I will vote for you.

Mr.NoSmile
09-14-2015, 04:06 PM
'He's been nice, therefore he must be attacking soon!'

Some logic. He can't genuinely just be nice to him without there being some ulterior motive?

RonPaulGeorge&Ringo
09-14-2015, 05:30 PM
The establishment's focus is entirely consumed with taking down Trump, and if they have anything left over from that they'll direct it at Carson.

I'm not convinced the establishment is against Carson. It seems to me the RNC wants a black guy on the stage. With Carson going after Trump's faith lately, he is working more with the establishment than against it. A lot of people insist that Trump will "inevitably implode," but I think that's more likely to be Carson's fate than Trump's.

Rand doesn't have to worry about anything from these creeps, at least for now.

There's the "establishment," then there's the neocons. It's not the exact same groups of people. Jake Tapper isn't a neocon.

The neocons absolutely hate the Pauls and there's every reason to expect this neocon creep Hewitt to go after him.

RonPaulGeorge&Ringo
09-14-2015, 05:33 PM
'He's been nice, therefore he must be attacking soon!'

Some logic. He can't genuinely just be nice to him without there being some ulterior motive?

I was just going by the transcript of the last interview they did a few months ago. Someone pointed out on another thread that the creep Hewitt regularly speaks of Rand with disdain. He's a neocon asshat. So there's your logic for you. Stuff it.

CaptUSA
09-14-2015, 06:01 PM
If the establishment really wanted to oust Trump, they'd just stop giving him billions of dollars in free ads. Fact it, they love it. Anything that moves us closer to idiocracy.

I don't expect this debate to have much substance. I expect it to be more of the same drama-stirring BS that gets them ratings. It's a scripted reality show. Complete with the asshole, the black dude, and the bitchy chick. The issues are but a minor subtext.

I'd like to see Rand just walk off the stage and say, "you know what? Fuck this. Sorry, America - you're screwed."

dannno
09-14-2015, 06:07 PM
I'd like to see Rand just walk off the stage and say, "you know what? Fuck this. Sorry, America - you're screwed."

That would be pretty funny.

Jonderdonk
09-14-2015, 06:08 PM

"I'm forming my own country. Anyone who wants in, come with me."

squirl22
09-14-2015, 06:13 PM
If the establishment really wanted to oust Trump, they'd just stop giving him billions of dollars in free ads.

Exactly what I have been thinking. And it's the liberal press doing it, which makes me wonder if Trump is actually a Dem plant whose job is to take down the GOP and/or make sure the Dem candidate wins. Actually, if he takes the GOP down that would be a good thing in my opinion, they deserve it. That would be a good chance for a Liberty Party to emerge.

BTW, CaptUSA, I agree with everything else you said...would love to see Rand do that!

acptulsa
09-14-2015, 07:10 PM
The establishment's focus is entirely consumed with taking down Trump, and if they have anything left over from that they'll direct it at Carson. Rand doesn't have to worry about anything from these creeps, at least for now. His entire focus needs to be on presenting himself in a way that increases his support such that he'll get himself back on the establishment's radar.

Nonsense.

He's a useful asset, he's a lightning rod to siphon off and misdirect the anti-establishment fervor. They knew all along that once the novelty wore off, people would think about how completely he's not what they want to believe he is, and when that happens he ceases to be the least bit useful. And they don't want that to happen yet.

RonPaulGeorge&Ringo
09-14-2015, 07:19 PM
Hewitt is on CNN right now and either his lighting is really bad, or he's just dyed his gray/white hair a very Trumpish bright yellow.

Krugminator2
09-14-2015, 07:22 PM
Hewitt has been playing nice with Rand Paul so far this campaign cycle, but I think we can expect him to attack Rand Paul on some bullshit at the CNN debate Wednesday.

As far as I knew Rand had been giving Hugh the Bill O'Reilly treatment since he dumped on Ron Paul in the 2012. Has he been going back on Hewitt's show?

I think he finally went back on after a ton of complaining from Hewitt and then Rand gave him five minutes instead of the the 30 minute interview Hewitt was promised. As far as I know, they are not on good terms at all. I have the impression Rand really does not like Hewitt but maybe that has changed very recently.

RonPaulGeorge&Ringo
09-14-2015, 07:35 PM
See correction in post #9 above.

Krugminator2
09-14-2015, 07:36 PM
Sorry I am terrible at reading.

PCKY
09-14-2015, 07:47 PM
I heard Rand on a Hewitt interview not long after he announced...maybe promoting his book. Hewitt asked if Rand, as President, would enforce Federal drug laws against Colorado and other states that have legalized marihuana. Rand didn't answer him. He could ask him that...he better have an answer. The interview was going OK until then.

cindy25
09-15-2015, 12:52 AM

I think it will likely be on Israel and Rand's support for ending all foreign aid.

It could be on something else though.

What should Rand be on the lookout for from this asshole on Wednesday?

Rand should stand his ground. any attention he gets should be positives, and Americans hate foreign aid. Hewitt is probably there to aggravate Trump. that is what drives the ratings.

Jan2017
09-15-2015, 06:00 AM
So after seeing these posts, I did find that Hugh Hewitt - who I know nothing about but the Trump "finding my Gen. MacArthur" interview -
will be asking questions along with Dana Bash - who is in the role of Candy Crowley now at CNN. Jake Tapper the moderator of the three journalist team.

Rand has to be asked - or in the dialogue - for the tough questions, but with thoughtful, sound bite worthy, foreign policy ideas/strategy
that makes Trump remarks look niave.