09-14-2015, 01:57 PM
I'd rather be waterboarded

^^^ this

Chieppa1
09-14-2015, 02:32 PM
I'd rather be waterboarded

Because.

09-15-2015, 05:04 AM
Ugh this again. I remember the last 2 campaigns where everyone was told to dress up and act like christian conservative neocons, go to this and vote for Ron. Is that the deal again? The pretending to be a neocon thing didn't work for Rand, he should give it up already and just be himself, so should we.

Okaloosa
09-15-2015, 07:57 AM
People go just for the straw poll and this is probably more of social conservatives with some pro Israel undertones. So what Rand had his Stand With Israel Act to defund Hamas. We can say where are all the other candidates supporting this effort.

Students are only $50 if 21 or under.

These people need to see Rand and his supporters are not hostile to them.

erowe1
09-15-2015, 07:59 AM
This crowd is the low hanging fruit Rand absolutely needs to win over in order to win the nomination.

erowe1
09-15-2015, 08:05 AM
Ugh this again. I remember the last 2 campaigns where everyone was told to dress up and act like christian conservative neocons, go to this and vote for Ron. Is that the deal again? The pretending to be a neocon thing didn't work for Rand, he should give it up already and just be himself, so should we.

Your memory is terrible. This is not a neocon group. This is a socially conservative group. We can't beat the neocons without these people.

erowe1
09-15-2015, 08:07 AM
People go just for the straw poll and this is probably more of social conservatives with some pro Israel undertones.

Maybe. But notice that Israel is not mentioned anywhere in FRC's issues page. Every issue there is something where Rand is one of their most stalwart proven allies, certainly more than Trump.
http://www.frc.org/Issues

Okaloosa
09-15-2015, 09:31 AM
Your memory is terrible. This is not a neocon group. This is a socially conservative group. We can't beat the neocons without these people.

This, people are not realizing the neo-cons and the real ones not the averages joes that repeat what they hear will never support us. We need to get religious voters onboard with us by showing them government is the problem not free people. Too many people think Libertarians are about being able to use drugs etc. We need to show them that freedom allows us to reach unlimited potential.

09-15-2015, 11:06 AM

Meh, neocons and socons both support the AIPAC and endless wars in the middle east, same difference to me.

If you want to go and pretend to be something you aren't then have at it. It hasn't worked so far.

erowe1
09-15-2015, 11:30 AM
Meh, neocons and socons both support the AIPAC and endless wars in the middle east, same difference to me.

If you want to go and pretend to be something you aren't then have at it. It hasn't worked so far.

Rand is a socon and doesn't support endless wars in the Middle East.

Ron is a socon.

Pat Buchanan is a socon.

Chuck Baldwin is a socon.

Like I just showed you, if you check the issues page at frc.com there's no mention of Israel there.

How in the world is anyone supposed to win a Republican nomination without the support of either the war hawks or the social conservatives? It's hard enough losing one of those groups. But you can't lose both.

muzzled dogg
09-20-2015, 08:09 AM
Bump

Okaloosa
09-20-2015, 09:52 PM
This needs to be pushed big in the next few days, this straw poll if Rand doesn't win will push who ever wins either Cruz or Carson. The field may be some what split so a reasonable amount of supporters could win this.

We need to know from someone that has been before the voting timing too.

Brett85
09-20-2015, 09:58 PM

I guess you've never heard of the Constitution Party, John Birch Society, Pat Buchanan, etc.

georgiaboy
09-21-2015, 11:58 AM
BUMP.

If you're in the DC area, go support Rand and vote in the poll. Big event.

Okaloosa
09-21-2015, 04:46 PM
Friday September 25th
Straw Poll Voting - West Registration and Exhibit Hall 12:00-7:45 PM
Saturday September 26th
Straw Poll Voting - West Registration and Exhibit Hall 7:00 AM-12:00 PM
Tickets are $50 for students 21 and under (You may also be able to get a scholarship)
One day tickets are $75

Register here! (https://microsite.frcaction.org/get.cfm?c=CHECKOUT&dmy=F2147C54-FE6E-5B30-E37454D5073B6D12&CFID=54231187&CFTOKEN=d7e556db08cdfdbf-ECA2E6B4-03E1-DB9B-FCACA9D2D479570C)

sabu140
09-21-2015, 07:46 PM
This will be very close as I could see Cruz losing votes to Trump and Carson. The field will be very close.

This going to be decided by a handful of voters and each vote is worth plenty of free media coverage. Rand needs to get more social conservatives in Iowa and this is a good starting point and critical for defeating the national polling average narrative.

groverblue
09-21-2015, 11:19 PM
Well, they are student friendly which is good. I wonder if YAL is organizing for this.

muzzled dogg
09-22-2015, 05:17 AM
Help Rand Paul Win the 2015 Values Voter Summit Straw Poll!

https://www.facebook.com/events/459271500945608/

Okaloosa
09-23-2015, 01:39 PM
I hope people in the area can attend to vote, however Rand Paul did not confirm to attend and instead will be in New Hampshire doing some critical campaign stops.

muzzled dogg
09-25-2015, 11:14 AM
Anyone know when we can expect results?

LawnWake
09-25-2015, 11:35 AM
Rand is a socon and doesn't support endless wars in the Middle East.

Ron is a socon.

Pat Buchanan is a socon.

Chuck Baldwin is a socon.

Like I just showed you, if you check the issues page at frc.com there's no mention of Israel there.

How in the world is anyone supposed to win a Republican nomination without the support of either the war hawks or the social conservatives? It's hard enough losing one of those groups. But you can't lose both.

There's a distinct difference about being socially conservative personally, and socially conservative politically. Ron and Rand are definitely socially conservative, but I don't think it's accurate to call their politics "socially conservative", when you compare their actual legislative preferences to that of someone who supports the war on drugs or believes in government meddling in marriage licenses.

PCKY
09-25-2015, 04:16 PM
I don't think Rand is speaking. Would he still be in the Straw poll?

erowe1
09-25-2015, 04:27 PM
Ron and Rand are definitely socially conservative, but I don't think it's accurate to call their politics "socially conservative", when you compare their actual legislative preferences to that of someone who supports the war on drugs or believes in government meddling in marriage licenses.

Their politics are solidly socially conservative, much more so than the great majority of the Republican presidential candidates this year or in any other recent election.

erowe1
09-25-2015, 04:29 PM
I don't think Rand is speaking. Would he still be in the Straw poll?

He will be in the straw poll I'm sure.

I also wouldn't rule him out as a speaker, although I notice he's not listed among those confirmed to speak there so far. I can't imagine why he would pass up such an important gig.

ETA: Never mind. It's this weekend. I guess he's not speaking there. Seems like a waste to me.

PCKY
09-25-2015, 05:47 PM
He will be in the straw poll I'm sure.

I also wouldn't rule him out as a speaker, although I notice he's not listed among those confirmed to speak there so far. I can't imagine why he would pass up such an important gig.

ETA: Never mind. It's this weekend. I guess he's not speaking there. Seems like a waste to me.
I think Cruz got it last year.

CPUd
09-25-2015, 10:37 PM
Rand gave a pretty good answer when asked why he wasn't going to be there, to the effect of he'd rather be meeting people in the early states instead of hanging out in D.C.:
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?482715-VIDEO-FN-Hillarys-emails-Rand-calls-on-all-others-to-drop-out

CPUd
09-25-2015, 11:07 PM
tronalddump was there, proving he was a Christian by holding up a bible:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C0VkidJ3pl0

francisco
09-25-2015, 11:27 PM
"tronalddump" LOL

OK if I start using that too?

francisco
09-25-2015, 11:31 PM
tronalddump was there, proving he was a Christian by holding up a bible:

The man with the mind of a child literally uses a child's bible as a prop. Doesn't his audience see that he's treating them like a room full of rubes?

CPUd
09-26-2015, 12:48 AM
"tronalddump" LOL

OK if I start using that too?

Technically, I stole it from one of the debate threads.

jurgs01
09-26-2015, 07:53 AM
Hanging out with a bunch of "value" voters who think God wants to bomb people? No thanks.

erowe1
09-26-2015, 08:47 AM
The man with the mind of a child literally uses a child's bible as a prop. Doesn't his audience see that he's treating them like a room full of rubes?

Apparently they booed him.

erowe1
09-26-2015, 08:47 AM
a bunch of "value" voters who think God wants to bomb people

Source?

erowe1
09-26-2015, 08:52 AM
Rand gave a pretty good answer when asked why he wasn't going to be there, to the effect of he'd rather be meeting people in the early states instead of hanging out in D.C.:
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?482715-VIDEO-FN-Hillarys-emails-Rand-calls-on-all-others-to-drop-out

The schedule on his website doesn't show any events today or tomorrow. He was in NH yesterday, and his wife will be in SC on the 28th.

I'm glad he's focused on the early states. But people won't want to vote for him in those states if they don't see him as a serious contender. The religious right is the group he most desperately needs to win over, and this was one of the most important nationwide events for doing that.

carlton
09-26-2015, 05:02 PM
The schedule on his website doesn't show any events today or tomorrow. He was in NH yesterday, and his wife will be in SC on the 28th.

I'm glad he's focused on the early states. But people won't want to vote for him in those states if they don't see him as a serious contender. The religious right is the group he most desperately needs to win over, and this was one of the most important nationwide events for doing that.

Cruz won. News sites are saying Rand gave a speech, misinformed??

goldwater's ghost
09-26-2015, 08:45 PM
The good news is trump looks like he will lose his evangelical portion of support which should put him under 20%. The bad news is it looks like its going to go to Cruz.

cindy25
09-26-2015, 09:00 PM
better for Cruz to take it instead of Carson. Carson needs to fade

derek4ever
09-26-2015, 09:10 PM
I'm convinced the field will have 8 candidates before the Early Bird States and after that, it will narrow down to 6: Rand, Trump, Rubio, Cruz, Jeb and Fiorina/Carson.

goldwater's ghost
09-26-2015, 09:11 PM
I agree. Before all this started I thought we would battle Cruz for the outside vote and bush would battle Rubio for the establishment vote. I still think that's how its going to play out but the good news is bush and Rubio will be damaged goods by then and we will be the surprisingly strong outsiders

HVACTech
09-26-2015, 09:16 PM

yeah, it is really NOT that hard to proclaim that you believe in something...
when you are holding one in your hand.

:p

PCKY
09-27-2015, 03:35 PM
Cruz won. News sites are saying Rand gave a speech, misinformed??
Rand got spanked by this crowd/Cruz last time. Meghan Kelly asked him why he wasn't there and he said that he had a feeling that he should be campaigning in NH...priority. The news sites evidently are Googling last year's event ???
Honestly I'd say he's better off in NH. The SOCON crowd is really Cruz/Huckabee.

notsure
09-27-2015, 03:59 PM
better for Cruz to take it instead of Carson. Carson needs to fade

Carson isn't a problem. He'll eventually fade out on his own. If Carson goes out now his voters will most likely go toward Cruz. The quicker Cruz fizzles out, the better it is for us. The longer Cruz stays in the race, the more he pulls Tea Party and allegedly libertarian votes away from Paul. The longer Cruz remains, the stronger and more harder to take down he becomes. I would rather have Carson take the Value Voters straw poll than Cruz. Cruz is racking these things up, like GOA endorsement, and FreedomWorks straw poll, that he's becoming an obstacle for Rand and an alternative for limited gov't conservatives. For which, I suspect, his whole campaign was designed to do in the first place.

Liberty74
09-28-2015, 05:13 AM
Winning these events and straw polls don't mean much in the end. It's like the online polls, they are just for fun. These types of wins will be yesterday's news and there's so much that can happen to change the dynamics of this Rep nomination.

erowe1
09-28-2015, 06:50 AM
The good news is trump looks like he will lose his evangelical portion of support which should put him under 20%.

I'm not sure that it will put him under 20%. What I see as one of the biggest untold stories of this election cycle is how apparent it is that the significance of the religious right in the GOP is significantly less than I ever recall it being before.

erowe1
09-28-2015, 06:51 AM
Winning these events and straw polls don't mean much in the end. It's like the online polls, they are just for fun. These types of wins will be yesterday's news and there's so much that can happen to change the dynamics of this Rep nomination.

Online polls are meaningless. So are the majority of straw polls. But some straw polls have some weight. This is one. CPAC is one. The Iowa straw poll used to be one. And not just the straw poll, but the whole event of the VVS is an important one in GOP primaries.