PDA

View Full Version : Dadeville, AL may add some women’s attire to saggy pants ban

Suzanimal
09-13-2015, 10:26 AM
Dadeville appears to be on its way to having an ordinance banning saggy pants but one council member wants to make sure it is equitable.

“My concern is it should be for everybody,” Dadeville City Council member Stephanie Kelley said at Tuesday’s Council meeting. “I think for the girls, with these shorts up so high looking like under garments and dresses so short, I don’t want us to be showing favoritism.”

The sagging pants issue was first brought forward by fellow council member Frank Goodman at the Aug 25 meeting. Goodman further explained his reasons for the ordinance to ban ‘slacking.’

“It is about respect,” Goodman said. “Who is going to respect you if you don’t respect yourself. The reason I brought this up is I think people deserve respect when they are in public. I think slacking is disrespectful. I think it gives our younger generation the wrong impression of what is cool.”

Goodman went on to explain other issues of ‘slacking.’

“We have people walking down the street with their hand in front of them holding up their pants,” Goodman said. “Then they have the nerve to walk into a place of business and ask for a job. If you come to my house you are going to pull them up before you get on my property, much less in my door. I prayed about this. I know that God would not go around with pants down.” Didn't God create people without pants? I prayed about it too and God told me to tell you to mind your own business.:)

Other council members indicated their support on the issues.

“I have heard more favorable positive comments about us even considering this than I have on anything else since I have been on the council,” Council member James Tarpley said.

“Everything that has been said here, I agree with,” Council member Randy Foster said.

Town attorney Robin Reynolds said he hopes to have the ordinance ready by the next council meeting.
“I hope to have it ready for the next meeting,” Reynolds said. “If the council wants me to write in something for the females – it will take a little more creativity on my part.”

http://www.alexcityoutlook.com/2015/09/10/dadeville-may-add-some-womens-attire-to-saggy-pants-ban/

euphemia
09-13-2015, 10:31 AM
This is the same as what is happening on college campuses. Somehow people think they have the right never to be offended. This is totally wrong. People should wear clothing, but how they dress says more about themselves than it does about me. I don't like everything I see, but I also don't have to embrace it and be happy about it.

Natural Citizen
09-13-2015, 10:45 AM
I don't understand the fads of today. I really don't. Just the other day I saw a young man wearing a very, very tight pair of pants but his entire butt was showing. And....get this...he was wearing a belt in his pants. I mean, whatever. I suppose people are free to express themselves however they wish. I just thought that was scwewy. I giggled a bit and proceeded to the check-out.

GunnyFreedom
09-13-2015, 10:59 AM
TBH I don't think ANYBODY wore pants 2000 years ago.

Acala
09-14-2015, 09:28 AM
"I know that God would not go around with pants down."

I don't know what to say about this. But I am fairly certain that Jesus would throat-punch this person.

Acala
09-14-2015, 09:30 AM

God wore pants, mister. And he wore them up high. With a belt AND supenders.

angelatc
09-14-2015, 09:52 AM
"I think it gives our younger generation the wrong impression of what is cool.”

Lolz at the old guy trying to legislate cool.

heavenlyboy34
09-14-2015, 10:22 AM

This^^ particularly in the middle east.

Matt Collins
09-14-2015, 10:24 AM
I want to show favoritism... :D