PDA

View Full Version : New DEA Head Says Pot “Is Dangerous”, Lacks Medical Use, Belongs on Schedule I

BarryDonegan
09-10-2015, 03:41 PM
Newly-appointed DEA chief Chuck Rosenberg recently said that he believes that "marijuana is dangerous" and that it should remain classified as a hardcore Schedule I drug with no medical use.

http://truthinmedia.com/new-dea-pot-dangerous-schedule-i/

phill4paul
09-10-2015, 03:42 PM
Damn! HOW DID I MISS THIS VOTE?

Dr.3D
09-10-2015, 03:44 PM
I don't recall voting for any DEA head. Where did this guy come from?

Dianne
09-10-2015, 03:51 PM
I don't recall voting for any DEA head. Where did this guy come from?

I have no clue, but if he asks for an Obama blood test; he'll be in the pokey the rest of his life.

specsaregood
09-10-2015, 03:53 PM
./

Kotin
09-10-2015, 03:55 PM
We, by the way, support, and have supported, a lot of legitimate research on marijuana, fully behind that; I think it’s great. If we come up with a medical use for it, that would be wonderful. But we haven’t.”

this guy is so full of shit.. tell that to Israel and Spain and really, much of the rest of the civilized world and they will laugh in your face. and so will I.

the endocannabinoid system is a incredible target for therapuetics. this guy is among a dying breed and I cannot wait to see him and his ilk homeless with no jobs.

phill4paul
09-10-2015, 04:03 PM
Stop paying Federal taxes that pay the wages of regulators such as this.

He is the appointed officer, one of swarms, that eat our substance.

osan
09-10-2015, 04:08 PM
this guy is among a dying breed...

Well hurry the hell up and die already.

osan
09-10-2015, 04:09 PM

That will not defund those people. They will simply "print" more money and use that to pay them. Government - contemporary government especially - is not so easily thwarted.

Dianne
09-10-2015, 04:16 PM
There are so many things we could do with the proper numbers. If you want to see a shut down of Government, the people should demand drug testing. 3/4ths of Congress and Executive Branch will be gone overnight.

Term limits, the second item the people should be protesting for...

osan
09-10-2015, 04:21 PM
There are so many things we could do with the proper numbers. If you want to see a shut down of Government, the people should demand drug testing. 3/4ths of Congress and Executive Branch will be gone overnight.

And yet, the silence... it roars in the ears with deafening effect.

phill4paul
09-10-2015, 04:43 PM
That will not defund those people. They will simply "print" more money and use that to pay them. Government - contemporary government especially - is not so easily thwarted.

Then let them print to their hearts content. Let them debase the currency until a loaf of bread is $1 mil U.S. dollars.

I have racked my brain. Drawn and quartered it. In one quarter my brain says.."Participate. Get your licenses, pay your taxes. Join the discussion. Be loud and be active. Vote harder. Contribute. Blog. Tweet. We can turn this around!" The next quarter says "just go along to get along, participate in politics, pay your taxes, get your licenses, but don't live your life for it, with time we can change this thing around." The third quarter says "just lie low pay your taxes and get your licenses and just play it cool. Maybe, the eye of Sauron won't find me." The fourth quarter says "I do not honestly see how a simple man, such as myself, can do anything other than shun that which is repressive and thwart it in anyway that I can. Even if the 'eye of Sauron' is drawn to me."

Dianne
09-10-2015, 04:46 PM
And yet, the silence... it roars in the ears with deafening effect.

We could form a million man march for term limits..... and I bet we would get it. I would loveeeeeeeeeeeeeee to see Ron Paul spearhead this project. It would cross all race, creed and color barriers. Hell, we might even get 10 million. With Congress at a 16% approval rating, the peeps are pretty much fed up. Let's make it retroactive, so those who had their two terms are out.

RJB
09-10-2015, 04:48 PM
I'm glad police officers have such IQs and study medicine, nutrition, and medicinal plants. I feel so much safer.

phill4paul
09-10-2015, 04:55 PM
We could form a million man march for term limits..... and I bet we would get it. I would loveeeeeeeeeeeeeee to see Ron Paul spearhead this project. It would cross all race, creed and color barriers. Hell, we might even get 10 million. With Congress at a 16% approval rating, the peeps are pretty much fed up. Let's make it retroactive, so those who had their two terms are out.

In a nation of 100 million gun owners you could not get 1% to march on Washington. Ever.

But, if you are up to it just make sure you get the prerequisite permits.

tod evans
09-10-2015, 05:07 PM
There's only one way to stop this shit and it doesn't involve 1's-n-0's.

Or marching!

bunklocoempire
09-10-2015, 05:21 PM
So don't use it Chuck.

heavenlyboy34
09-10-2015, 05:30 PM

Certainly not the worst idea in today's civics. BUT, that would mean no more Ron Pauls staying in office for 10 terms. I personally don't care (nor do I care if the entire FedGov burns to the ground), but there seems to be a lot of people out there who do care...

phill4paul
09-10-2015, 05:34 PM
Certainly not the worst idea in today's civics. BUT, that would mean no more Ron Pauls staying in office for 10 terms. I personally don't care (nor do I care if the entire FedGov burns to the ground), but there seems to be a lot of people out there who do care...

To a certain extent it takes a hell of a lot of money and time to put someone in office. "THEY" have money and time. When it comes to a liberty candidate it is nickles and dime and activism. Then when you get one in there they friggin' gerrymander (Gunny). It's damned if you do damned if you don't. What seems naturally inherent to stopping corrupt government can in some cases be hobbling.

JK/SEA
09-10-2015, 06:09 PM
just earning his paycheck. War on drugs is a jobs creator, and helps fortify stockholders portfolio's investing in prisons and shit like that...

wizardwatson
09-10-2015, 06:11 PM
Rosen pushed back, “I’ve never seen two guys get thrown out of a bar because they started fist-fighting after smoking a joint. All right? But we’ve seen [that] every Friday and every Saturday night brings just such occasions as a result of the legal distribution of alcohol. Isn’t there some common-sense disparity, or irony, or disconnect in that?”

“Probably, yeah. Right?” said Rosenberg. “So I don’t know that you’re arguing that they’re both good; you may be arguing that they’re both bad. As I said earlier, marijuana is less dangerous – clearly less dangerous – than heroin. It’s easy to draw that line. But I’m not willing to say that it’s good for you, or that it ought to be legalized. I think it’s bad for you and that it ought to remain illegal.”

When Rosen suggested that Rosenberg’s argument could be used to justify banning alcohol, Rosenberg replied, “No, I’m not going to say that. We – we tangled with that as a society in the 1930s. And we know how that went. That’s the law of the land; I get it. I choose not to drink alcohol but I’m not going to impose that on anyone else.”

The new DEA chief said that he has never tried marijuana and that his biggest vice is drinking excessive quantities of diet soda.

When everyone agrees on a hypocrisy, "it's the law of the land."

Whadya gonna do? :rolleyes:

Dianne
09-10-2015, 06:40 PM

Actually Rand would get lots of kudo's for doing this himself. It's damn sure time to limit terms of people like Pelosi, Reid, Boehner, McConnell, and all the lifetime crooks in Washington. Eight years, just like the President, and we are all fools if we vote them in for a second term when they never have to worry about being re-elected. One term is fine for me !

heavenlyboy34
09-10-2015, 07:02 PM
Actually Rand would get lots of kudo's for doing this himself. It's damn sure time to limit terms of people like Pelosi, Reid, Boehner, McConnell, and all the lifetime crooks in Washington. Eight years, just like the President, and we are all fools if we vote them in for a second term when they never have to worry about being re-elected. One term is fine for me !
The counter-argument will be something to the effect of "we use voting to limit teh congresscritters' terms! We dun't need no official term limits!". Well, that's how conservatives and self-styled "liberals" argue in media. ~shrugs~ It's a bullshit argument AFAIC, but it's common. Further, the voters know who butters their welfare bread. That's normally why they re-re-re-elect people. Therm limits would likely piss off welfare queens and cronies...things could get very ugly... :eek:

jkr
09-10-2015, 07:28 PM
http://gifrific.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/Ron-Burgundy-Saying-I-Dont-Believe-You.gif

Dianne
09-10-2015, 07:41 PM
The counter-argument will be something to the effect of "we use voting to limit teh congresscritters' terms! We dun't need no official term limits!". Well, that's how conservatives and self-styled "liberals" argue in media. ~shrugs~ It's a bullshit argument AFAIC, but it's common. Further, the voters know who butters their welfare bread. That's normally why they re-re-re-elect people. Therm limits would likely piss off welfare queens and cronies...things could get very ugly... :eek:

Actually, I know several minorities who believe Obama is the devil himself. They are just as down on Government as I am, and probably most of us on this forum. That's why I say, a march demanding certain things like term limits will cross the racial divide the government has created. United we stand, divided we fall. It's not just white people that believe that.

Origanalist
09-10-2015, 08:29 PM

You will feel a lot better if you do.

surf
09-10-2015, 10:13 PM
how's that hopey changey thing working out?

tod evans
09-11-2015, 05:27 AM
how's that hopey changey thing working out?

Don't worry, it'll be better next time...:rolleyes:

Ronin Truth
09-11-2015, 07:52 AM
Alcohol too?

buck000
09-11-2015, 09:49 AM
This new bureaucrat should talk with his fellow bureaucrats at HHS, they "think" and "believe" a bit differently about cannabis (https://google.com/patents/US6630507).

Maroons.

luctor-et-emergo
09-11-2015, 10:25 AM
Pot is dangerous... Sorry, I read this topic as soon as it was posted but I couldn't stop laughing while I clicked on it so I'm only posting now.

Damn this is ridiculous and everybody knows it. May the last remnants of organized stupidity fade quickly and may we erase them from history. Although, probably not what they did, that should be a lesson for the future. These people should become irrelevant though.

ZENemy
09-11-2015, 11:35 AM

This is the only viable solution.

Im not kidding.

tod evans
09-11-2015, 11:37 AM
Pot is dangerous... Sorry, I read this topic as soon as it was posted but I couldn't stop laughing while I clicked on it so I'm only posting now.

Damn this is ridiculous and everybody knows it. May the last remnants of organized stupidity fade quickly and may we erase them from history. Although, probably not what they did, that should be a lesson for the future. These people should become irrelevant though.

Their livelihood depends on keeping up the facade.

osan
09-11-2015, 04:07 PM
Then let them print to their hearts content. Let them debase the currency until a loaf of bread is $1 mil U.S. dollars.

All else equal, I might agree. Unfortunately, all else is not so. More specifically, what has not be equal is the rise of salaries commensurate with the inflation. Therefore, purchasing power of the average man is reduced... greatly. That is the aspect of the broader economic picture that few consider; and yet, it is arguably the single most important factor of them all. Purchasing power: the ability to acquire that which one wants or needs as expressed in the proportion of one's net liquidity required to make any given purchase. If in 1970 the proportional cost to purchase a loaf of bread was 1% of 1%, today it may be 10% of 1%. That is a 90% reduction in net purchasing power. The currency can inflate to whatever level one chooses. So long as the salaries keep pace, net purchasing power remains the same. But that is precisely what is not happening. Through this means is the average American standard of living being driven downward.

I have racked my brain. Drawn and quartered it. In one quarter my brain says.."Participate. Get your licenses, pay your taxes. Join the discussion. Be loud and be active. Vote harder. Contribute. Blog. Tweet. We can turn this around!" The next quarter says "just go along to get along, participate in politics, pay your taxes, get your licenses, but don't live your life for it, with time we can change this thing around." The third quarter says "just lie low pay your taxes and get your licenses and just play it cool. Maybe, the eye of Sauron won't find me." The fourth quarter says "I do not honestly see how a simple man, such as myself, can do anything other than shun that which is repressive and thwart it in anyway that I can. Even if the 'eye of Sauron' is drawn to me."

The fifth quarter should be preparing for war because if by the wildest margin of chance Americans decided enough is enough, warfare is the only way we will likely recover ourselves from Theire clutches, and that result is pretty low on the probability scale, IMO. The only other option is to lay down and if we choose that, I say we are better off slaying ourselves, thereby avoiding the agony of an existence not worth the mention.

osan
09-11-2015, 04:18 PM

Ex post facto law? We will not repair that which is corrupted with more corruption. I get your sentiment and I agree with it strongly, but that is an emotional response. Reason should be instructing us otherwise, and while the right path is the more painful, it is still the right path.

We also need to get money out of campaigns. I would propose that every individual be allowed to donate no more than $1 to any candidate. That way, the most any candidate could ever lawfully acquire is the same number of dollars as the registered voting base. Nobody unregistered would be allowed to donate and no corporation or other complex entity, i.e. a group of more than one individual. This finance deal is off the hook.

What we really need is the establishment of an autodiathist (http://freedomisobvious.blogspot.com/2012/12/autodiathism.html) system, but that will never happen because people are just too corrupt, self-determination demanding way too much of their shriveled, evil little selves.

dannno
09-11-2015, 04:21 PM
We also need to get money out of campaigns. I would propose that every individual be allowed to donate no more than $1 to any candidate. That way, the most any candidate could ever lawfully acquire is the same number of dollars as the registered voting base. Nobody unregistered would be allowed to donate and no corporation or other complex entity, i.e. a group of more than one individual. This finance deal is off the hook.

What we really need is the establishment of an autodiathist (http://freedomisobvious.blogspot.com/2012/12/autodiathism.html) system, but that will never happen because people are just too corrupt, self-determination demanding way too much of their shriveled, evil little selves.

What's wrong with Rand's solution? It prevents companies and entities with government contracts from donating to politicians.

Danke
09-11-2015, 04:33 PM
Ex post facto law? We will not repair that which is corrupted with more corruption. I get your sentiment and I agree with it strongly, but that is an emotional response. Reason should be instructing us otherwise, and while the right path is the more painful, it is still the right path.

We need run off style elections so nobody has to vote for the lesser of two evils.

phill4paul
09-11-2015, 05:30 PM
The fifth quarter should be preparing for war because if by the wildest margin of chance Americans decided enough is enough, warfare is the only way we will likely recover ourselves from Theire clutches, and that result is pretty low on the probability scale, IMO. The only other option is to lay down and if we choose that, I say we are better off slaying ourselves, thereby avoiding the agony of an existence not worth the mention.

I assure you 100% is engaged in this respect. It is, after all, where my saved ducats go instead of to my child-diddlin' Uncle.

surf
09-11-2015, 11:33 PM
just get rid of the entire #$()@in' agency. I challenged my Bernie fan coworker to name one positive thing this agency does. he blathered about heroin being bad, but eventually conceded that there is nothing this clusterf#ck bunch of sobs does that has any redeeming value.

Weston White
09-11-2015, 11:51 PM
Bigger question here is why is an attorney dolling out medical advice to the public and all the while on the public's dime?

muh_roads
09-12-2015, 01:16 PM
...It certainly is not as dangerous as other Schedule I controlled substances; it’s not as dangerous as heroin, clearly...

...marijuana is less dangerous – clearly less dangerous – than heroin. It’s easy to draw that line.

Then weed shouldn't be Schedule I, clearly.

It’s not good for you.

15 states say otherwise.

I choose not to drink alcohol but I’m not going to impose that on anyone else.”

lol

Tinnuhana
09-12-2015, 11:35 PM
Million man cannabis march...this is one area where people from most of the political spectrum can definitely collaborate.

AngryCanadian
09-12-2015, 11:46 PM
Yet US marines protect the Afghan Opium.

Ronin Truth
09-13-2015, 01:07 PM
How many pot deaths in the US?

tod evans
09-13-2015, 01:19 PM
Yet US marines protect the Afghan Opium.

Good!

Opium is a good, and natural thing.

Much better than waging war.