PDA

View Full Version : Barbershop Fined For Refusing To Cut Woman’s Hair

tod evans
09-09-2015, 04:44 AM
More of this homogenization of society...:mad:

From Drudge;

Barbershop Fined For Refusing To Cut Woman’s Hair

http://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2015/09/08/barbershop-fined-for-refusing-to-cut-womans-hair/

Ask any client at Barbiere in Washington County and he’ll tell you the upscale gentleman’s barbershop offers more than just your typical haircut.
From the rugged décor to the macho atmosphere, it’s a place where guys can unwind with a complimentary cocktail or enjoy a cold beer.
“[I] come here, talk sports, guy talk. A great place to get away after a hard day’s work, get a haircut and have a beer,” said client Robert Craig.
Now, the business is at the center of a heated debate after owner John Interval was fined $750 for refusing to cut a woman’s hair.
She filed an action with the state’s Bureau of Professional and Occupational Affairs.
That agency imposed the fine for gender discrimination after a state investigator visited the business and interviewed Interval.
“I didn’t really consider it so much a discrimination thing as – it’s a barbershop… for guys,” Interval said.
Interval says he wasn’t aware he was legally compelled to service both men and women. But he plans on paying the fine because he respects the law.
He does not expect an upswing in female customers.
“You know, I’m not opposed to doing women’s hair,” he explained. “Just not in this shop. I don’t even have [the equipment] to do women’s hair. I want to open a shop to cater to them and no men will be allowed there. They’ll have all the champagne and mimosas they want, and that’ll be on the house.”

JK/SEA
09-09-2015, 09:15 AM
COSTA MESA, CALIF. — The only beef a vegetarian bus driver has is with his employer. Bruce Anderson has been suspended without pay for refusing to hand out free hamburger coupons to passengers. Anderson met Wednesday with his superiors from the Orange County Transportation Authority in a disciplinary hearing. A decision is due by Monday. A local animal-rights group rallied to support Anderson, 38, who eats no meat, fish or dairy products and refuses to wear leather clothing.

Sam I am
09-09-2015, 09:22 AM
COSTA MESA, CALIF. — The only beef a vegetarian bus driver has is with his employer. Bruce Anderson has been suspended without pay for refusing to hand out free hamburger coupons to passengers. Anderson met Wednesday with his superiors from the Orange County Transportation Authority in a disciplinary hearing. A decision is due by Monday. A local animal-rights group rallied to support Anderson, 38, who eats no meat, fish or dairy products and refuses to wear leather clothing.

That somehow reminds me of the Kim Davis story

limequat
09-09-2015, 09:28 AM
So I can go to an OBGYN and sue them for not checking out my man bits?

dannno
09-09-2015, 09:58 AM
I don’t even have [the equipment] to do women’s hair.

He doesn't have scissors??

amy31416
09-09-2015, 10:09 AM
I'm offended!

Jamesiv1
09-09-2015, 11:40 AM
That somehow reminds me of the Kim Davis story
Yep. Pretty much exactly like it.

You cash an employer's paycheck, then you do what the employer wants you to do or you find another employer.

heavenlyboy34
09-09-2015, 12:27 PM
Women do fancy-shmancy things with their hair that requires some specialization. Women be complicated, crazy critters. Ask any man who has to live with one.

Gaudius
09-09-2015, 12:38 PM
Barbershop Fined For Refusing To Cut Woman’s Hair

Similar stuff: Most hairdressers take higher fee for cutting female hair than male hair. Some politically correct leftists believe that this is sexism. But it is only a voluntary contract (agreement) between the hairdresser and the person who gets his/hers hair cut.
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __

Rational gaudism - The Philosophy of Reason, Liberty and Maximization of Self-Happiness (http://rgaud.com/english.htm)

LibertyEagle
09-09-2015, 01:18 PM
He should have done it, if she insisted and just taken out his clippers and given her a buzz cut.

tod evans
09-09-2015, 01:19 PM
He should have done it, if she insisted and just taken out his clippers and given her a buzz cut.

It was probably worth the $750.00 to not have to listen to her.

heavenlyboy34
09-09-2015, 01:31 PM
It was probably worth the $750.00 to not have to listen to her.

LOL!!! :D

SovereignMN
09-09-2015, 09:53 PM
My long time barber recently retired. I saw him tell women on more than one occasion that he didn't cut ladies hair. One time he even told a black kid he didn't cut Afro hair. He calmly explained to the kid that it wasn't personal, he just didn't know how to do it (the kid had all corn rows). When the kid left he told me he genuinely felt bad because people will think he's a bigot. As the neighborhood changed demographics he knew his time was almost up.

surf
09-10-2015, 10:14 AM
So I can go to an OBGYN and sue them for not checking out my man bits?
followed by Danno

we got us some comedians here

angelatc
09-10-2015, 10:16 AM
But he plans on paying the fine because he respects the law.

And that's what we are up against.

phill4paul
09-10-2015, 02:24 PM

That's exactly what we are up against.

dannno
09-10-2015, 02:35 PM
Women do fancy-shmancy things with their hair that requires some specialization. Women be complicated, crazy critters. Ask any man who has to live with one.

If she was going to a barber shop for men, she probably would have been happy with just scissors.

I lived with my ex gf for almost 3 years, I'm very much aware of the complicated, crazy element.

amy31416
09-10-2015, 02:49 PM

No shit. Why do so many respect the law, yet think congress is a steaming pile of rubbish?

heavenlyboy34
09-10-2015, 02:50 PM
No shit. Why do so many respect the law, yet think congress is a steaming pile of rubbish?

Fear of the Enforcer Class?Gov'ment school Pavlovian training?MSM propaganda?:confused:

satchelmcqueen
09-10-2015, 03:31 PM
do we have personal property rights anymore?

alucard13mm
09-10-2015, 04:06 PM
Davis was a public servant and paid by tax payers. Barber is in private sector, his own business, paid by customers. Huge diff.

What happened to having the right to refuse service to anyone as a business?

LibForestPaul
09-10-2015, 04:59 PM
Fear of the Enforcer Class?Gov'ment school Pavlovian training?MSM propaganda?:confused:
Ego. They like feeling superior and better than their fellow man.