PDA

View Full Version : Campaigns Info on Ron Paul’s Christmas Vacation in Iowa

Bryan
12-06-2007, 01:17 AM
Source:
http://people.ronpaul2008.com/students/2007/12/03/ron-pauls-christmas-vacation-in-iowa/

School is out, and the Ron Paul Revolution is taking over Iowa! All students (high school & college) of student age (16-30) are invited to join us in Iowa Dec. 14-23 and Dec. 27 - Jan. 4 for Ron Paul’s Christmas Vacation!

If you can get to Iowa on Friday Dec. 14 and/or Thursday Dec. 27, the campaign will provide you with the rest. Food, housing, and gas will be covered for 150 students in Iowa. All you have to do is get there.

To be a part of the Ron Paul Revolution and make history in Iowa, please RSVP here:
http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?sm=FWUX7VmtoHmqnB9jnS4B4g_3d_3d

It’s winter break, we are on vacation, and Iowa needs us. Make the road trip and be a part of something you will never forget. And yes Dr. Paul will be in Iowa during both weeks!

Bring your friends. Bring your Students for Ron Paul chapter. Bring every Ron Paul student supporter you know.

Only 25,000 Ron Paul caucus goers are needed on Jan. 3rd to place in the top 3. During the 19 days we will be in Iowa, I expect us to reach thousands of Iowans. We can be the difference in Iowa!

Any questions/comments please post them to the FB event, and I’ll answer them there.
http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=26455260384

What to bring:
Think in the context of staying in a heated cabin (boy scout/church camp), in Iowa in January (cold/snow), and during the day you’ll be walking door to door.

Week 1 = 10 days, week 2= 9 days
- Student ID to verify you are a student
- Warm/Nice Clothes (gloves, scarf, hat, etc. and you will be representing Ron Paul to Iowans, don’t be a slob)
- Comfortable shoes (lots of walking, possibly in the snow)
- Pillow, sheets, warm blanket (all you get is a mattress, but cabins are heated)
- Towel
- Bathroom supplies (tooth brush, deodorant, soap, shampoo, etc.) - Medication
- Umbrella/Raincoat
- Laptop, Portable DVD player, Ipod, cards
- Backpack
- Your best answer to why you are supporting Ron Paul and why Iowans should too!

What NOT to bring:
- All the obvious things
- Alcohol/Drugs
- Guns, knives, fireworks
- Large banners, signs

***Note: If you are coming with friends/classmates be sure they RSVP as well. Everyone must sign up.***

Ron Paul 2008!

Jeff Frazee
National Youth Coordinator - Ron Paul 2008
jeff.frazee@ronpaul2008.com

JoshCheetham
12-06-2007, 11:39 PM
So, where exactly are the cabins?
The ticket says I should arrive in Des Moines at 5:25. I was wondering how exactly I get to the meetup spot (cabins) from there.

vegetarianrpfan
12-07-2007, 05:20 AM
Josh-- I'm pretty sure the campaign is picking everyone up from the airports.

--------------------
Libertarian Girl
http://www.libertariangirl.com

standup08
12-11-2007, 09:29 PM
My flight arrives at 1:50, but I don't know if there will someone meeting people there, or if we'll need an address to give to a taxi. Anybody know anything about this?

leftinthemidwest
12-11-2007, 11:31 PM
Hello, I've had a couple of e-mail exchanges with Jeff Frazee the National Youth Coordinator on the subject of the "Christmas Vacation." What I can gather so far is that you will be given the exact campground assignments as well as transportation for those without cars or flying in(rides will be organized for all people flying into the state or Omaha, NE) as the session approaches. I have told them I could fit two people, myself, and everyone's gear in my car for the arrival and departure trips. He told me to go ahead and post my ride offer on here and let them know of any pre-arrangements I make. I will be traveling out of Lincoln, NE anyone in Nebraska or flying in to Omaha can shoot me an e-mail at leftinthemidwest@gmail.com or on my myspace at www.myspace.com/progressivemike or on this thread.

as soon as I get my lodging location I will update to include other areas I could pick up.

click4dwilson
12-12-2007, 04:42 AM
Can anybody tell me the number of volunteers they got for the first weekend?

I am always curious how these "you actually have to get off the pc" things go...

I would love to go, but I am 31. I'd lie about my age if most rp supporters weren't male, but oh well.