PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul: Immigration and Iowa (e-mail)

llamabread
06-28-2007, 07:31 PM
Here's the newest e-mail from the campaign.

June 28, 2007

Dear friend,

From time to time, I'm going to send you my thoughts during this campaign. Your support is so important to me, and I want you to know what's happening.

Today, we had good news from the US Senate -- not exactly a normal occurrence -- when the president's immigration bill went down in flames.

Here we had a vastly expensive piece of legislation that would have made the immigration problem worse, and put more controls on the economy. So naturally, the entire establishment was behind it. It was a slam-dunk, or so they thought. Then the American people got riled up, and despite all the special interests, the pressure, the media, and the money, scared the politicians enough to vote the right way.

If our campaign succeeds, this will happen on a whole range of issues. The politicians will hear from the people on foreign wars, high taxes, Fed inflation, and all the other plagues visited on us by DC. And listen they will.

And speaking of our campaign, I am very excited by the Iowa rally this Saturday (http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?sm=16OCg4C1fq5W47gNJo_2bDHw_3d_3d). This is an historic moment. Of course, the Iowa Christian Alliance and Iowans for Tax Relief had the right to exclude the most pro-life, anti-tax candidate in the race. But when they did so, people rose up. So we are holding a rally that will reverberate around this country. Our campaign goes from strength to strength, but I am convinced that this Saturday will be very important in the fight for a free, peaceful, and prosperous America.

Maybe you can come to the rally. In any event, I know you’ll be there in spirit, and I’ll write you all about it afterwards. Your support in this race means everything to my family and me.

Warmest regards,

Ron

PS: Because of people like you, I don't need the $100 million the establishment candidates will have. But I do need your help. $25, $50, $100, or even more--whatever you can send would do so much good, and be so much help. Thank you!

Donation Form
https://www.ronpaul2008.com/donate/

Copy of This Message for Forwarding
http://ronpaul2008.typepad.com/ron_paul_2008/2007/06/ron-paul-on-imm.html

PatriotOne
06-28-2007, 07:52 PM
Very nice. We still have a fight on our hands about this illegal immigration issue though and not just after the elections. The Bush administration is hiring hispanics now to be our border guards. No conflict of interest there :mad: There is no end to ths administrations deceptions.

DAZ
06-28-2007, 08:25 PM
I don't think there's anything inherently wrong with hiring Hispanics.

Is the percentage of Hispanic new hires abnormally larger than the percentage of Hispanic applicants? If so then there is a problem. Otherwise, no.

Also, where are you finding this information?

UCFGavin
06-28-2007, 08:31 PM
i want dr. paul to email me :(

Texan4Life
06-28-2007, 08:50 PM
Thanks for sharing, thats an awesome letter. I hope more from Ron come out from time to time.

Man from La Mancha
06-28-2007, 08:54 PM
I realize they don't need 100 million, but it shows that we mean business and it is not that difficult with 4 million people plus I would expect Ron will ask all of us what charity we want the left over to go for. It is a good war chest, shows that average common "American National" can fight these special interest groups and what kind of publicity it would generate showing how little of it Ron use's. Just have a running total on Ron's website.

Thank you very much for your donation of $100.00 to the Ron Paul 2008 Presidential Campaign.

Your donation will allow us to expand and grow our campaign.

We depend on donors like you to help us spread the message of freedom, peace and prosperity through Ron Paul’s candidacy.

Thanks for being a part of the campaign!

literatim
06-28-2007, 09:15 PM
I was shopping at one of the local Kroger (a big grocery chain). They seemed to be slipping in little flyers in peoples groceries. This flyer was trying to get people to apply for a job in their stores. The only requirement: you must speak Spanish.

This is what our country is becoming.

DavyDuke17
06-28-2007, 09:35 PM
i want dr. paul to email me :(
Then sign up here:
https://www.ronpaul2008.com/join/