PDA

View Full Version : Moar kop whining

tod evans
09-02-2015, 03:47 PM
Good! :cool:

'Who needs this?' Police recruits abandon dream amid anti-cop climate

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/09/02/who-needs-this-police-recruits-abandon-dream-amid-anti-cop-climate/?intcmp=hpbt1

Police departments face a recruiting shortage amid a growing anti-cop mood that some fear has taken the pride out of peacekeeping and put targets on the backs of the men and women in blue.

Open calls for the killing of police have been followed by assassinations, including last week's murder in Texas of a Harris County sheriff's deputy. Instead of dialing back the incendiary rhetoric, groups including "Black Lives Matter" have instead doubled down at demonstrations with chants of "Pigs in a blanket, fry me like bacon." Public safety officials fear the net effect has been to demonize police, and diminish the job.

"It's a lot harder to sell now," Jeff Roorda, business manager of the St. Louis Police Officers Association and former state representative, told FoxNews.com. "This is a very real phenomenon."

"We're sitting ducks. We're in these uniforms, brightly colored cars and there's nothing we can do."

Roorda's colleagues witnessed the fierce, anti-police rioting that followed the police shooting last year of Michael Brown in nearby Ferguson, Missouri. Even though a grand jury and a federal Justice Department inquiry did not fault Ferguson Police Officer Darren Wilson, debunked claims that the cop killed Brown as he held his hands up and begged for his life have animated the Black Lives Matter movement as it spread around the nation.

Roorda, who spoke in defense of police in the aftermath of the Ferguson shooting, said protesters took to Twitter to promote a #KillRoorda hashtag.

"You no longer just have to worry about your life while in uniform," he said. "Now you have to be worried about the well-being of your family," he said.

Roorda said the new academy class continues to be delayed and the police force loses about double the amount of officers per year than in the past.

Knowing police face public scorn or career-ending legal battles even if they acted properly has convinced many prospective cops to abandon their dreams of patrolling America's streets.

"I saw all this anti-cop propaganda and I was like, 'Who needs this?'” said Antonio, a New Yorker who asked that only his first name be used. The 32-year-old had applied and been accepted into the NYPD academy, but withdrew his candidacy amid the cop-bashing climate sweeping the country.

Even top police brass understand why the shield has lost its shine.

"Right now, policing is not the most attractive occupation that they could probably get into," Philadelphia Police Commissioner Charles Ramsey told CBS.

Recruitment nationally is "way down," said Jonathan Thompson, executive director of the National Sheriff’s Association. He said some sheriffs around the country say the number of applications has fallen by as much as 50 percent.

While blatant calls for killing cops are unusual, the job has always been dangerous. The National Law Enforcement Officers Memorial Fund, which monitors the number of police officers killed in the line of duty, tabulated 48 police officers around the nation were killed by gunfire in 2014. So far this year, 26 law enforcement officers have been shot to death on duty, putting the nation on track for a 19 percent decrease. But these numbers do not identify police officers intentionally targeted for the mere fact that they wear a badge.

Police in Texas believe that may have been the sole motivation for the murder Friday night of Harris County Sheriff's Officer Darren Goforth at a gas station in a Houston suburb. The suspect in that case, Shannon Jaruay Miles, allegedly came up behind Goforth as he pumped gas and shot the officer 15 times.

In December 2014, New York City Police Officers Wenjian Liu and his partner Rafael Ramos were killed in an ambush while sitting inside their patrol car on a Brooklyn streetcorner.

"No warning, no provocation," Police Commissioner William Bratton said at the time. "They were quite simply assassinated, targeted for their uniform."

The gunman reportedly announced online that he was planning to shoot two "pigs" to avenge the death of Eric Garner, a Staten Island, N.Y., man who died after being put in a chokehold by police who were arresting him for selling loose cigarettes.

"I'm putting wings on pigs today. They take 1 of ours, let's take 2 of theirs," Ismaaiyl Brinsley wrote on an Instagram account. Brinsley killed himself on a subway platform as police closed in on him.

There is currently a massive manhunt in Fox Lake, Ill., after a police officer was shot and killed while pursuing a group of men. Lt. Charles Joseph Gliniewicz, known affectionately as "GI Joe" was giving chase to three men on foot.

In addition to the Brown and Garner cases, the anti-police sentiment has been fueled by the April death in police custody of Freddie Gray in Baltimore and the fatal shooting, also in April, of Walter Scott in South Carolina. Six Baltimore police officers face charges in the death of Gray, who died of injuries suffered while being transported in a police van. North Charleston Police Officer Michael Slager has been charged with murder in Scott's shooting.

Galvanized by the deaths, Black Lives Matter has sought to bring attention to the issue of police brutality with protests around the nation.

"What's more uncomfortable, shouting, stopping freeways and interrupting speeches -- or being murdered by police and having your body left in the street for more than four hours, or turning up dead in a jail cell after a traffic stop?" the group posted on Facebook.

Some law enforcement officials believe President Obama has fanned the flames by not denouncing the movement more unequivocally, although he did personally call the widow of Goforth and has condemned violence against police.

"President Obama has breathed life into this ugly movement," Milwaukee County Sheriff David Clarke told "Fox & Friends." "And it is time now for good, law-abiding Americans to rise up. We now have to counter this slime, this filth coming out of these cop haters."

Sgt. Delroy Burton, chairman of the DC Police Union in Washington, compared the current treatment of police to veterans returning from the Vietnam War.

"We have to fight the bad guys, and the policymakers go unnoticed," he said.

Burton, who was born in Jamaica and is a former U.S. Marine, said his police force is about 131 officers understaffed and has seen nearly 600 officers resign in the past 19 months -- a number he said is unheard of.

"We're sitting ducks," he said. "We're in these uniforms, brightly colored cars and there's nothing we can do. And the vast majority supports this loud vocal minority."

jllundqu
09-02-2015, 03:55 PM
Everyone's all talk until they need an honest police officer to assist them.

tod evans
09-02-2015, 04:02 PM

Maybe the half dozen of them could get together and start a private business?

That or they could conspire to out crooked DA's?

Or speak to other kops and try to swell their ranks to an even dozen.....

Kops are only a small part of the BS that constitutes the "Just-Us" department but they're very visible...

amy31416
09-02-2015, 04:06 PM
"We have to fight the bad guys, and the policymakers go unnoticed," he said.

Second half of that sentence is really the only reasonable thing about this article.

specsaregood
09-02-2015, 04:10 PM

Is there a special hotline to get an honest police officer to assist?

phill4paul
09-02-2015, 04:11 PM
Police departments face a recruiting shortage amid a growing anti-cop mood

http://media.tumblr.com/97f7ae82799dc4443de33f6bd355d7fe/tumblr_inline_nk03roYxDB1t7oi6g.gif

tod evans
09-02-2015, 04:12 PM
Is there a special hotline to get an honest police officer to assist?

Depends on what part of the country you're in, what gender and race you self-identify with and the phase of the moon...

jllundqu
09-02-2015, 04:26 PM
Lol.... once again if you only knew how many law enforcement officers posted on RPF... your cop-hating heads would collectively explode...

phill4paul
09-02-2015, 04:30 PM

Never needed one before. Why would I start now?

Lol.... once again if you only knew how many law enforcement officers posted on RPF... your cop-hating heads would collectively explode...

Have them come forward, please. They have some 'splaining to do.

tod evans
09-02-2015, 04:30 PM

10-1 odds every damn one of 'em agrees with me about the DA's.........

Henry Rogue
09-02-2015, 05:02 PM
Unions' coffers must be getting low with less dues being payed. Increasing the public pressure has a two fold effect, reduce applications and hopefully more cops are being charged for murder. Cops may not get convicted, but it puts a strain on the unions pocketbook.
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?452283-LELDF
Law Enforcement Legal Defense Fund.
Maybe the unions will go belly up.

Henry Rogue
09-02-2015, 05:06 PM
How many?

Anti Federalist
09-02-2015, 05:16 PM
While blatant calls for killing cops are unusual, the job has always been dangerous.

No, it is not.

At least not when compared to a great many other professions that are much more dangerous (and more productive than being a tax tick).

Working construction, a trucker, a garbageman or fisherman is much more dangerous than being a cop, just to name a few.

Cop is not even in the top ten of most dangerous jobs.

Hell, being a greenskeeper is more dangerous.

https://img.washingtonpost.com/wp-apps/imrs.php?src=https://img.washingtonpost.com/blogs/wonkblog/files/2015/01/fatal_injuries.png&w=1484

RANT INBOUND - It is fisherMEN, got fucking dammit, not "fishers". Fishers are a type of wild cat, or bird, depending on where you are.

Moving on, cab drivers are at much higher risk of getting murdered on the job.

https://img.washingtonpost.com/wp-apps/imrs.php?src=https://img.washingtonpost.com/blogs/wonkblog/files/2015/01/homicides1.png&w=1484

Hilarity from the article in which this was pulled from:

On the other hand, the grim tally for police might be even higher if they weren't so well trained and equipped.

Joel Neuman, who studies aggression in the workplace at the State University of New York at New Paltz, suggested that people in occupations -- besides policing where you're trained to deal with dangerous behavior -- need to be prepared to try to defuse violent situations.

"There are a number of occupations where people find themselves in jeopardy because of the nature of their work," Neuman said. "At least the police are trained and hopefully prepared to deal with these potential conflicts or assaults, and there are a lot of professions were people don't receive that kind of training."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonkblog/wp/2015/01/28/charted-the-20-deadliest-jobs-in-america/

Yeah, they're trained alright.

Shoot first and ask questions later.

jllundqu
09-02-2015, 05:27 PM
No, it is not.

At least not when compared to a great many other professions that are much more dangerous (and more productive than being a tax tick).

Working construction, a trucker, a garbageman or fisherman is much more dangerous than being a cop, just to name a few.

Cop is not even in the top ten of most dangerous jobs.

Hell, being a greenskeeper is more dangerous.

https://img.washingtonpost.com/wp-apps/imrs.php?src=https://img.washingtonpost.com/blogs/wonkblog/files/2015/01/fatal_injuries.png&w=1484

RANT INBOUND - It is fisherMEN, got fucking dammit, not "fishers". Fishers are a type of wild cat, or bird, depending on where you are.

Moving on, cab drivers are at much higher risk of getting murdered on the job.

https://img.washingtonpost.com/wp-apps/imrs.php?src=https://img.washingtonpost.com/blogs/wonkblog/files/2015/01/homicides1.png&w=1484

Hilarity from the article in which this was pulled from:

On the other hand, the grim tally for police might be even higher if they weren't so well trained and equipped.

Joel Neuman, who studies aggression in the workplace at the State University of New York at New Paltz, suggested that people in occupations -- besides policing where you're trained to deal with dangerous behavior -- need to be prepared to try to defuse violent situations.

"There are a number of occupations where people find themselves in jeopardy because of the nature of their work," Neuman said. "At least the police are trained and hopefully prepared to deal with these potential conflicts or assaults, and there are a lot of professions were people don't receive that kind of training."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonkblog/wp/2015/01/28/charted-the-20-deadliest-jobs-in-america/

Yeah, they're trained alright.

Shoot first and ask questions later.

This is correct. Numbers alone back it up. Police get special treatment for the "danger" they face and it really isn't justified.

DamianTV
09-02-2015, 07:40 PM
"We're sitting ducks. We're in these uniforms, brightly colored cars and there's nothing we can do."

Bullsht, sure there is. Charge every single one of the 1500 mother fuckers that took a Human Life, last year alone, and charge them with murder? I might even go so far as to call that "doing your fucking job". How about stop shooting people? How about arresting Wall Street, Criminal Congress, and the true dangers to our civilization? How about protecting us from all enemies, foreign and especially domestic? How about waking up to the Chain of Obedience?

How about recognizing ALL Lives matter, not just Black, not just Cops, not just Rich, not just Rulers, not just White, ALL Lives matter?

If one were to pause and think Generationally, when you have 1500 people per year getting killed by cops in this country, their children and brothers and sisters will grow up to become the next generation of Terrorists, and they are dumb enough to MAKE it happen!

Lindsey
09-02-2015, 08:37 PM

http://s10.postimg.org/rmnvilvcl/cs1.gif

UWDude
09-02-2015, 08:37 PM

There are honest police officers? I know I have been lied to by at least half of the ones that have ever talked to me or stopped me. (and I am talking dozens of officers).

presence
09-02-2015, 08:59 PM

http://www.rebelyid.com/wp-content/uploads/The_Patriot03.jpg

so unfortunate to be justly despised in these troubled times

Slave Mentality
09-02-2015, 10:29 PM

Bullshit

Origanalist
09-02-2015, 11:01 PM
Bullshit

I'm thinking he's trolling.....

jllundqu
09-03-2015, 03:15 PM
I'm thinking he's trolling.....

No I'm not trolling. Lol... I just don't swallow the all the cop-hating koolaid that everyone drinks around here. As I've said many times before, I work with lots of law enforcement folks, many law enforcement officers/agents in my lodge, friends and neighbors too.

I don't think police deserve special protection and think they should be held MORE accountable than the people they serve, but I still believe it is a noble profession and the 5-10% psycho criminals out there would destroy this country in a heartbeat if we didn't have some police. If that makes me a "copsucker" or whatever pejorative you want to label me, so be it.

Hell, just last month my mother in law had her car stolen. Police located her car, arrested the subject, and they were even *gasp* polite :eek: when they came to the house.

tod evans
09-03-2015, 03:40 PM
and the 5-10% psycho criminals out there would destroy this country in a heartbeat if we didn't have some police. .

How do you think this 5-10% could destroy much of anything without kops?

Poof! All kops are vaporized, kop families, court employees and all government tit-suckers gone, there would be some urban areas that'd go wild but they'd be contained within a week so long as infrastructure remained...

Sorry man I only see kops as protecting the status quo of too much government..

RJB
09-03-2015, 04:00 PM
and the 5-10% psycho criminals out there would destroy this country in a heartbeat if we didn't have some police. .

I doubt that. That's what the 2nd Amendment is for. If we paid attention to that we wouldn't need troops in 137 + countries and regular ID checkpoints by militarized police in this country. That's what the non-existent militia was to protect against. I read somewhere (paraphrasing) that the licensed deer hunters in Wisconsin alone would make up the second (or third-- something like that) largest armed force in the world.

I don't need the police. I'm a former Marine who practices the 2nd amendment. A psycho who comes into my house uninvited is in big trouble. My biggest fear NOW is that the cops would put me up on charges for defending my family.

It also seems that a lot of those psychos now wear a blue uniform.

BTW. I was a firefighter for 6 years and became friends with a few of the LEOs before I moved to a new location. I knew some good men who wore that uniform. I also met some who had no business with a badge and a gun-- and they scare me more than any non-uniformed criminal.

Anti Federalist
09-03-2015, 04:28 PM
http://s10.postimg.org/rmnvilvcl/cs1.gif

Oh, that's epic, with the cop hat.

Cop hat copsucker so I can find this again.

Anti Federalist
09-03-2015, 04:33 PM
Poof! All kops are vaporized, kop families, court employees and all government tit-suckers gone, there would be some urban areas that'd go wild but they'd be contained within a week so long as infrastructure remained...

I saw this first hand, ten years ago, when Katrina hit NOLA.

After a few weeks, everything was on its way to sorting itself out, until the Feds arrived with NG and state police, started marching and hut hutting about, re-establishing the status quo.

phill4paul
09-03-2015, 05:52 PM
I saw this first hand, ten years ago, when Katrina hit NOLA.

After a few weeks, everything was on its way to sorting itself out, until the Feds arrived with NG and state police, started marching and hut hutting about, re-establishing the status quo.

Can't be so. I've been told the absence of cops, laws and so-forth leads to anarchy and chaos and the end of civilization and shit. Must be true.

Lindsey
09-03-2015, 06:43 PM
Oh, that's epic, with the cop hat.

Cop hat copsucker so I can find this again.

Thanks. I added a badge too.
http://s30.postimg.org/ovjq1ln65/cs2.gif

Anti Federalist
09-03-2015, 06:47 PM
but I still believe it is a noble profession

So, this government, Global to Local , is righteous, just and sound?

Occam's Banana
09-03-2015, 09:41 PM
Hell, just last month my mother in law had her car stolen. Police located her car, arrested the subject, and they were even *gasp* polite :eek: when they came to the house. Did they shoot her dog? (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?481534-CA-Cops-on-0130-follow-up-to-return-stolen-car-shoot-man-s-dog) :eek:

phill4paul
09-03-2015, 09:52 PM
Hell, just last month my mother in law had her car stolen. Police located her car, arrested the subject, and they were even *gasp* polite :eek: when they came to the house.

That's awesomesauce! Eight months ago my friend had his boat trailer stolen. The cops told him that they didn't have much to go on and he should just keep checking Craigslist to see if someone has one for sale.