PDA

View Full Version : New Years Money Bomb Make it Dec 31 not Jan1

gerryb
12-06-2007, 12:30 AM
The New Years Money Bomb that is sure to be developed should be on December 31st rather than January 1st as I have heard. Has anyone registered a domain for this yet, is it being planned/in the wings?

As a course of strategy I think we should have the next money bomb after Dec 16th on New Years Eve, rather than New Years day.

Two reasons for this..

1) Dec 31 will count toward 4th Quarter totals. This would set us up to have a lower number for the 1st quarter than for the 4th, but after he wins will that number matter? Hillary + Obama have about 200 million combined... He will be in underdog status again which will hopefully bring in a huge round of donations from the closet Ron Paul supporters after Iowa, NH, Super Tuesday et al. are won.

2) This argument isn't 100%, but I think people would be more likely to donate(remember to donate) before the New Years parties rather than after.

Edward
12-06-2007, 12:36 AM
No need to organize a money bomb for the 31st. Every campaign will have a push at the end of the quarter.

gerryb
12-06-2007, 12:40 AM
No need to organize a money bomb for the 31st. Every campaign will have a push at the end of the quarter.

Guess I should have included that as an option, sorry!

newmedia4ron
12-06-2007, 12:42 AM
NO money bomb really needs to be set up. The campaign will probably promote the "end of the quarter push" themselves. Are you a delegate?

brumans
12-06-2007, 12:42 AM
There shouldn't be any more money bombs after the 16th

archemeedees
12-06-2007, 12:43 AM
I just don't have enough powder to stretch between this many money bombs. How about a January 11 money bomb for my birthday?:D Just kidding. How about after December 16 we just pour money in as often as humanly possible!!!

Otherwise, I'd vote for midnight as a way to celebrate the new year. Set off the Ron Paul fireworks, baby.

blamx8
12-06-2007, 12:44 AM
At the end of each quarter there has been a big push but why not encourage the push with an organized money bomb. If it had the natural momentum of the end of quarter push it could get more media attention by being another big big day.

The extra attention could only help a few days before Iowa and NH.

Maverick
12-06-2007, 12:47 AM
This is going to be hard to do either way. I plan on being really, really drunk on the 31st, and really, really hungover on the 1st. Tough call.

gerryb
12-06-2007, 12:51 AM
At the end of each quarter there has been a big push but why not encourage the push with an organized money bomb. If it had the natural momentum of the end of quarter push it could get more media attention by being another big big day.

The extra attention could only help a few days before Iowa and NH.

That's exactly what I was thinking. Blimp in Times Square(donate now!!, 80K to go!), Money Bomb at the same time.. albeit probably less than Dec 16th, so possible negative media press about it like was had on Nov 30th.. But how will the MSM be able to have negative press on that when we will most likely have swept all republican candidates for fund-raising in the quarter?

It's wrapping up to be a perfect storm when there is a good showing on the 16th.

Edward
12-06-2007, 01:00 AM
One reason to moneybomb is to grab attention from the MSM. Raising a lot of cash on Monday, December 31st is unlikely to get a lot of airplay on New Years Day. Raising a lot cash on Tuesday, January 1st is unlikely to get a lot of airplay on January 2nd because it would be drowned out by talk of the follow day's event... the Iowa caucus. I'm not against future money bombs, but I think we need to see how things unfold.

Paulitician
12-06-2007, 01:02 AM
Let us try to raise a final million on that day :D

I agree that there really is no need for another "money bomb." 500k or maybe even 1 million on one day alone is of course possible though.

acmegeek
12-06-2007, 01:02 AM
OK, I'm tentatively trying to plan a nationwide concert on the 31st... under the "Ron Rox!" theme... I have www.RonRox.com

The idea is to have a free concert (or multiple) in all 50 states on the 31st to raise support and pass out materials. Still in the very early stages, but I am in contact with a few semi-mainstream artists.

Just imagine the coverage of a simultaneous nationwide concert for Freedom, ringing in the New Year, loudly proclaiming that Ron Paul truly Rox! :)

Has there ever been a nationwide concert like this? We RP people like to make history, so...

Anybody interested in learning more or if you have any contacts, PM me.

Thanks!

gerryb
12-06-2007, 01:09 AM
One reason to moneybomb is to grab attention from the MSM. Raising a lot of cash on Monday, December 31st is unlikely to get a lot of airplay on New Years Day. Raising a lot cash on Tuesday, January 1st is unlikely to get a lot of airplay on January 2nd because it would be drowned out by talk of the follow day's event... the Iowa caucus. I'm not against future money bombs, but I think we need to see how things unfold.

While I agree it may not necessarily get much attention on the 1st or 2nd.. but having the 4th Q numbers that much higher will likely have benefits all throughout the 1st Q of 08'.

OferNave
12-06-2007, 02:01 AM
The Blimp will be over Times Square (if all goes well), so that will help remind people to donate on the 31st. I think it's a good idea to have a bomb then, and I think it's important to have it set up before the 16th, so we can mention it in the media that we will get from the Tea Party.

The strategy is always use the publicity from every money bomb to advertise the next one! That's why Trevor tried to squeeze in a bomb on Nov 30th, to try to use it advertise the Tea Party. There wasn't time to make it huge (though $530 is nothing to sneeze it), but there *is* time for New Years.

OferNave
12-06-2007, 02:03 AM
OK, I'm tentatively trying to plan a nationwide concert on the 31st... under the "Ron Rox!" theme... I have www.RonRox.com

The idea is to have a free concert (or multiple) in all 50 states on the 31st to raise support and pass out materials. Still in the very early stages, but I am in contact with a few semi-mainstream artists.

Just imagine the coverage of a simultaneous nationwide concert for Freedom, ringing in the New Year, loudly proclaiming that Ron Paul truly Rox! :)

Has there ever been a nationwide concert like this? We RP people like to make history, so...

Anybody interested in learning more or if you have any contacts, PM me.

Thanks!

That's very ambitious. I'm not a naysayer, but I am a realist. Are you sure you can pull that off in 25 days? Are you sure you'll be heard over the noise of everyone planning and attending the usual new year's celebrations? Also, are you in contact with the ronpaulapalooza.com folks?

RedLightning
12-06-2007, 02:05 AM
I don't think anymore "money bombs" are needed this quater(other then the one on the 16th)

xexkxex
12-06-2007, 02:05 AM
Is this in reference to this money bomb???

http://donate2008.org/

acmegeek
12-06-2007, 02:14 AM
Yes, I have emailed Matt at ronpaulapalooza. And yes, it is outrageously ambitious. I don't have the resources to pull it together, but I've contacted many who might. You never know.

I think that having 75-100 simultaneous concerts in all 50 states and DC with 100+ people each would simply ROCK!!! Imagine the news coverage. They couldn't say that we were all bots at that point. Of course at that point the 12/16 money bomb will have rocked them. :)

But again, I don't know of a previous simultaneous nationwide concert...

It may be crazy, but that's why it just might work. Anybody else see this vision?

Edward
12-06-2007, 02:19 AM
The Blimp will be over Times Square (if all goes well), so that will help remind people to donate on the 31st. I think it's a good idea to have a bomb then, and I think it's important to have it set up before the 16th, so we can mention it in the media that we will get from the Tea Party.

The strategy is always use the publicity from every money bomb to advertise the next one! That's why Trevor tried to squeeze in a bomb on Nov 30th, to try to use it advertise the Tea Party. There wasn't time to make it huge (though $530 is nothing to sneeze it), but there *is* time for New Years.I do not think the strategy has always been to use one money bomb to promote the next one, however, it is one with which I agree. Until Rudy's Reading List was implemented, there were only a handful of us stating that a successful money bomb on November 30th would actually increase awareness of the Tea Party. It's hard to tell how much it has. Anyway, I am not opposed to gathering ideas for another one, but I do not think December 31st or January 1st would be good dates for the reasons stated above.

McDermit
12-06-2007, 02:25 AM
30th would actually be better. Most people are thinking of other things on the 31st. ;)

OferNave
12-06-2007, 02:25 AM
Yes, I have emailed Matt at ronpaulapalooza. And yes, it is outrageously ambitious. I don't have the resources to pull it together, but I've contacted many who might. You never know.

I think that having 75-100 simultaneous concerts in all 50 states and DC with 100+ people each would simply ROCK!!! Imagine the news coverage. They couldn't say that we were all bots at that point. Of course at that point the 12/16 money bomb will have rocked them. :)

But again, I don't know of a previous simultaneous nationwide concert...

It may be crazy, but that's why it just might work. Anybody else see this vision?

Oh, I see the vision, and agree it would rock. I just don't know how doable it is.

Regardless, if you decide to pursue it, I'll Digg/Reddit/Stumble anything you ask. :)

acmegeek
12-06-2007, 02:37 AM
Is this something that the campaign might be able to put on? It would be very unconventional yet, incredibly effective... Buzz about a nationwide concert for freedom would be very popular...

I agree, doability is pretty remote right now, but the right people with the right contacts and ???

Again, anybody with music contacts, please run this idea by them and let me know if they'd like to discuss it further.

:)

Paulinista4TW
12-06-2007, 03:12 AM
Very cool idea.