PDA

View Full Version : Trump in 2014: "Central Park 5 Settlement a Disgrace"

erowe1
08-31-2015, 01:47 PM
http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/nyc-crime/donald-trump-central-park-settlement-disgrace-article-1.1838467

The above is a link to an op-ed Donald Trump wrote just one year ago about a series of injustices in which he played a role stretching back over the past 26 years.

In 1989 five innocent black teenagers were convicted of rape. All of them spent years in prison before it was proven that one lone individual having no connection with any of them committed the crime himself. Despite being minors, their names were widely published and smeared throughout the media. Donald Trump very vocally condemned them, including taking out a full-page ad in the NY Daily News calling for them to be killed, in which he stated, "their civil liberties end when an attack on our safety begins."

As recently as last year, rather than having even the slightest bit of contrition about what he did, he doubled down, and called it a disgrace that they should be compensated as much as a million dollars per year in prison. I wonder what he would expect himself to be compensated if he spent as much as one night in prison unjustly?

This is the man who has never had occasion to ask God to forgive him of anything.

May God have mercy on him and all who support him.

erowe1
08-31-2015, 05:01 PM
Trump was asked about this recently. Here was his answer:

“They should be very thankful I wasn’t mayor because they wouldn’t have gotten a dime,” he said.

“They owe the taxpayers of the City of New York an apology for taking money out of their pockets like candy from a baby.”
http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/central-park-members-shocked-trump-top-gop-candidate-article-1.2328932

Warrior_of_Freedom
08-31-2015, 05:37 PM
I think a lot of people here would go to prison for a million dollars a year

Petar
08-31-2015, 05:49 PM
The mega-douchebagness of Trump is frankly just exciting at this point:

- how incredibly badly will he be able to punish Republicans for not electing Rand?
- how incredibly badly will he be able to punish America is if actually wins?

The end times seem to be upon us and I am finally beginning to enjoy the show.

juleswin
08-31-2015, 06:38 PM
I think a lot of people here would go to prison for a million dollars a year

Yea and some people like being forcibly fucked in the ass every now and then and the prospect of not knowing whether they would ever have their freedom after being accused of a crime they did not commit.

I say more power to those people. For me? I charge $100m for that kind of work.

Dianne
08-31-2015, 08:02 PM
Trump is a major douche bag, but I want him to be around long enough to take down the FAUX News protege, Jeb Bush. Once Bush is at 2%, Trump can leave the race.

klamath
08-31-2015, 08:10 PM
Yeaw right the blacks are going to vote for that POS.

RonPaulMall
08-31-2015, 10:30 PM
If you are anti-Trump, this not an issue you want to push. The Central Park 5 were violent animals that by their own admission participated in the "Wilding" attack on the Park that night that left numerous people seriously injured. That their claim that it was a Puerto Rican who did the actual penetration and that they just molested her with their hands panned out is a distinction without much difference. The paltry sentence they recieved was more than just (lenient, in fact, as Trump points out) and it is utterly ridiculous that the City gave them a windfall for their behavior.

LibertyEagle
09-01-2015, 08:47 AM
http://www.frontpagemag.com/fpm/238071/central-park-five-still-guilty-jack-kerwick

erowe1
09-01-2015, 08:47 AM
If you are anti-Trump, this not an issue you want to push. The Central Park 5 were violent animals that by their own admission participated in the "Wilding" attack on the Park that night that left numerous people seriously injured. That their claim that it was a Puerto Rican who did the actual penetration and that they just molested her with their hands panned out is a distinction without much difference. The paltry sentence they recieved was more than just (lenient, in fact, as Trump points out) and it is utterly ridiculous that the City gave them a windfall for their behavior.

Their admissions were made under duress from police without being able to talk to their parents. It was proven that their admissions were false. They were innocent. You put "wilding" in quotation marks, as though that was their own slang, but it wasn't. It was the cops' term, which the cops and the media kept repeating and pretending to be a thing. The Central Park Five's sentences were 100% unjust. Making someone spend years in prison for a crime they didn't commit is not lenient. You're high. The fact that Trump "points out" this nonsense is proof of how evil and blatantly racist he and his supporters are. You better believe we want to push this.

How much do you think Trump would sue for if he spent one day in prison unjustly?

And what do you mean by "if you're anti-Trump"?

If you're not anti-Trump, you're in the wrong place.

RonPaulMall
09-01-2015, 10:11 AM
The were not "innocent". They were participants in one of the most violent and savage Wilding Attacks in the history of that era. Even if it was only the Puerto Rican guy (who these "innocent" kids correctly identified, btw) who stuck his penis in her, they are still on the hook as accomplices to rape not to mention all the other people they attacked in the park that night. You are making the same mistake Rand did when he foolishly jumped on the Ferguson Train.

NewRightLibertarian
09-01-2015, 10:23 AM
Trump will rot in hell when he dies, that worthless piece of shit bastard. And hopefully all his followers will too.