PDA

View Full Version : Trump. Premptive strike against North Korea.

klamath
08-28-2015, 12:34 PM
I don’t think anybody is going to accuse me of tiptoeing through the issues or tap-dancing around them either. Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?
More continuation of the RP revolution.....

CPUd
08-28-2015, 12:36 PM
This is like the guy who said the US should bomb Iran to see what happens.

DevilsAdvocate
08-28-2015, 12:50 PM
This is what I said before. Trump is going to use our military power (including our nuclear weapons) as a negotiating tool to extract huge concessions.

North Korea is a puppet state of China. You attack North Korea, you get yourself a full on hot war with our major creditors.

Lucille
08-28-2015, 12:50 PM
He reminds me more of Greg Stillson every day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tj9M34DzAKo

Looking at the comments I see I'm not alone.

Brian4Liberty
08-28-2015, 01:16 PM
More continuation of the RP revolution.....

I don’t think anybody is going to accuse me of tiptoeing through the issues or tap-dancing around them either. Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?

Any links or source for that?

klamath
08-28-2015, 01:21 PM
Any links or source for that?

From his book.
http://www.ontheissues.org/2016/Donald_Trump_War_+_Peace.htm

hells_unicorn
08-28-2015, 01:22 PM
Nice, how is Trump better than Bush again?

kahless
08-28-2015, 01:50 PM
There is long section on North Korea in his book which I find reading so far a logical assessment of that regime. There are pages I am unable read since they were blocked from preview but here is some relevant text I copied.

...I can tell you that negotiation with these madman will be fruitless once they have the ability to lob a nuclear missile into Chicago, Los Angeles or New York.....

I'm not trigger happy, nor would I consider the use of force lightly, but as President I would be prepared to order a strike-using conventional weapons-against North Korean targets if it prevented nuclear blackmail or nuclear destruction of the US population.

I'm not talking about an extended air campaign against North Korea and certainly not a ground war. I'm talking about a very specific target and then returning to the bargaining table.

I am advocating such action only after talks break down - which is highly likely in view of the North Korean's track record of violating everything they have agreed to so far.

I cannot find the exact "pre-emptive" quote from ontheissues.org, maybe it is on a page blocked from google books preview. Does anyone have a copy of the book?

klamath
08-28-2015, 01:58 PM
There is long section on North Korea in his book which I find reading so far a logical assessment of that regime. There are pages I am unable read since they were blocked from preview but here is some relevant text I copied.

If you are telling me Rand is going to sit back and let North Korea nuclear blackmail us then I am fully on-board in voting for Trump.Proving more to the point that Trump is a FUCKING military moron that would get us into WWWIII quicker that any person. Go into NK and they would launch a full on ground invasion of SK. Then the US would be committed and likely looking at a war with China. NK talks crazy but prove they aren't when the chips are down.

Brian4Liberty
08-28-2015, 02:10 PM
From his book.
http://www.ontheissues.org/2016/Donald_Trump_War_+_Peace.htm

Ok. A quote from his book:

Use force to stop North Korean nuke development

[In a Trump presidency], North Korea would suddenly discover that its worthless promises of civilized behavior would cut no ice. I would let Pyongyang know in no uncertain terms that it can either get out of the nuclear arms race or expect a rebuke similar to the one Ronald Reagan delivered to Ghadhafi in 1986. I don’t think anybody is going to accuse me of tiptoeing through the issues or tap-dancing around them either. Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?

Source: The America We Deserve, by Donald Trump, p.274 , Jul 2, 2000

Brian4Liberty
08-28-2015, 02:12 PM

Kind of looks like the Clinton program though. Blow up a few aspirin factories to prove you mean business.

Uriah
08-28-2015, 02:18 PM
This is what I said before. Trump is going to use our military power (including our nuclear weapons) as a negotiating tool to extract huge concessions.

North Korea is a puppet state of China. You attack North Korea, you get yourself a full on hot war with our major creditors.

China has been distancing themselves from North Korea lately. But would still back them if they were attacked since they have a treaty until 2021 I believe.

klamath
09-01-2015, 04:27 PM
bump

Kotin
09-01-2015, 04:32 PM
oh yeah cause china who is our banker and owner will allow that.. trump you are fucking retarded.