PDA

View Full Version : How companies make millions off lead-poisoned, poor blacks

tod evans
08-26-2015, 05:56 AM
Found on Drudge.....

This is a pretty long article so you'll have go to the link, sorry..

Synopsis is "Slick talking whitey scams poor stupid black people who are stupid due to whitey's negligence"....

Please Mr. Gubment Court man make whitey pay more.....:mad:

How companies make millions off lead-poisoned, poor blacks

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/social-issues/how-companies-make-millions-off-lead-poisoned-poor-blacks/2015/08/25/7460c1de-0d8c-11e5-9726-49d6fa26a8c6_story.html

The letter arrived in April, a mishmash of strange numbers and words. This at first did not alarm Rose. Most letters are that way for her — frustrating puzzles she can’t solve. Rose, who can scarcely read or write, calls herself a “lead kid.” Her childhood home, where lead paint chips blanketed her bedsheets like snowflakes, “affected me really bad,” she says. “In everything I do.”

She says she can’t work a professional job. She can’t live alone. And, she says, she surely couldn’t understand this letter.

[Freddie Gray’s life a study in the effects of lead paint on poor blacks]

So on that April day, the 20-year-old says, she asked her mom to give it a look. Her mother glanced at the words, then back at her daughter. “What does this mean all of your payments were sold to a third party?” her mother recalls saying.

The distraught woman said the letter, written by her insurance company, referred to Rose’s lead checks. The family had settled a lead-paint lawsuit against one Baltimore slumlord in 2007, granting Rose a monthly check of nearly $1,000, with yearly increases. Those payments were guaranteed for 35 years.

“It’s been sold?” Rose asked, memories soon flashing.

She remembered a nice, white man. He had called her one day on the telephone months after she’d squeaked through high school with a “one-point something” grade-point average. His name was Brendan, though she said he never mentioned his last name. He told her she could make some fast money. He told her he worked for a local company named Access Funding. He talked to her as a friend.

Rose, who court records say suffers from “irreversible brain damage,” didn’t have a lot of friends. She didn’t trust many people. Growing up off North Avenue in West Baltimore, she said she’s seen people killed.

But Brendan was different. He bought her a fancy meal at Longhorn Steakhouse, she said, and guaranteed a vacation for the family. He seemed like a gentleman, someone she said she could trust.

One day soon after, a notary arrived at her house and slid her a 12-page “purchase” agreement. Rose was alone. But she wasn’t worried. She said she spoke to a lawyer named Charles E. Smith on the phone about the contract. She felt confident in what it stated. She was selling some checks in the distant future for some quick money, right?

[SNIP]

paleocon1
08-26-2015, 06:40 AM
Yeah, 'white' lead is a deflection to avoid the Reality of black genes

acptulsa
08-26-2015, 06:45 AM

Are you seriously on this site, of all places, trying to say lead isn't harmful to humans?

tod evans
08-26-2015, 06:49 AM

Obviously you failed to read the article.

Lead damages brain tissue in all races, it's got nothing to do with genes.

Read more, it'll help you keep from making quite the ass out of yourself......

paleocon1
08-26-2015, 06:51 AM
Are you seriously on this site, of all places, trying to say lead isn't harmful to humans?

Nope, but lead is a poor excuse for black failure. The lead like slavery is long gone but the failures in each new generation continue to increase. BTW, tens of millions of Whites lived in similar lead paint environments and yet there is no massive systematic White social failure.

paleocon1
08-26-2015, 06:53 AM
Obviously you failed to read the article.

Lead damages brain tissue in all races, it's got nothing to do with genes.

Read more, it'll help you keep from making quite the ass out of yourself......

Sooooooo, you are claiming that the median black IQ of 85 is because of lead?

BTW, I read your article- just more prog enabling of black refusal to accept ANY responsibility for their own lives.

tod evans
08-26-2015, 06:56 AM
Nope, but lead is a poor excuse for black failure. The lead like slavery is long gone but the failures in each new generation continue to increase. BTW, tens of millions of Whites lived in similar lead paint environments and yet there is no massive systematic White social failure.

Good God man!

Are you genuinely this ignorant or is it an act to get attention?

You're doing EXACTLY the same thing the author of the article did and that's using race to incite emotion and attempt division.

tod evans
08-26-2015, 07:02 AM
Sooooooo, you are claiming that the median black IQ of 85 is because of lead?

BTW, I read your article- just more prog enabling of black refusal to accept ANY responsibility for their own lives.

I didn't raise the issue of IQ and I have no intention of discussing it with you, especially in this context.

There are equal percentages of ignorant or genuinely stupid white/asians/indians/etc., as there are blacks. What gets my goat is the guilt ridden idiots bringing up the issue of race in the quoted article.

If there's culpability or fraud what's to gain by bringing up race?

Something tells me that it's quite possible that you are below median yourself and are looking to feel superior to anyone and are ignorant enough to think belittling a group or demographic will accomplish that for you....

acptulsa
08-26-2015, 07:08 AM
The lead like slavery is long gone...

Oh, really? So, if I find one room still wearing lead paint on it's walls, or one person enslaved, that means you're a bigger idiot than the woman described in the OP, right?

I didn't raise the issue of IQ and I have no intention of discussing it with you...

I don't blame you.

Talking IQ with him is like trying to talk about cars with someone who never owned one.