PDA

View Full Version : Where are the musically inclined hip hop heads??

DealzOnWheelz
12-05-2007, 11:07 PM
Looking for other like minded musicians into hip hop, rap, making beats whatever.

I'm looking to make some Pro Ron Paul political hip hop

Any one interested in helping out???

rasheedwallace
12-05-2007, 11:10 PM
i'm about as big of a hip-hop head as you can be.

but i have to say, PLEASE stop with the ron paul raps, people.

they are ridiculous.

hold down ron by hitting the streets and spreading the message. ya digggggg?

i mean, we all saw how corny the damn youtube debate song was. most people don't like rap, sad but true. so when you couple rap and the message we are trying to get out, the latter is likely to be dismissed by most.

DealzOnWheelz
12-05-2007, 11:36 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-bCRc2ub8hU

what do you think about this??

rasheedwallace
12-05-2007, 11:38 PM
^ actually not bad.

DealzOnWheelz
12-05-2007, 11:46 PM
I'm not talking just bs hip hop with a little politics in it

I'm talking getting it in but with a focused goal

If Kanye can bring Jesus to the radio we can bring ron paul to the hip hop stations

well maybe not the radio but youtube and myspace and it will give people another way to recruit

someone who isn't interested in politics might hear the song and get inspired

maxmerkel
12-05-2007, 11:47 PM
get immortal technique and brother ali to endorse ron paul ! :D i wonder why the did not come out yet - they just cannot buy into their communist (c)rap ?!?

pguitarb
12-05-2007, 11:50 PM
I would really love to see Mos Def and Talib Kweli come out for Ron. Lupe Fiasco too now that I think about it.

DealzOnWheelz
12-05-2007, 11:51 PM
i was thinkin mos def and talib too!!

but i don't think they will they seem to be against the "white man" i could be wrong

maxmerkel
12-05-2007, 11:52 PM
krs1 and public enemy(of course without flav ;) ) too

RonPaulVolunteer
12-05-2007, 11:53 PM
Talk to 911cartoon on YouTube.

maxmerkel
12-05-2007, 11:54 PM
if not any one of those mentioned here begins to support ron paul before the primaries i will have to change my taste of music :(

hard@work
12-05-2007, 11:55 PM
If RATM can do it for Che you guys can do it for Revere.

rasheedwallace
12-05-2007, 11:56 PM
I'm not talking just bs hip hop with a little politics in it

I'm talking getting it in but with a focused goal

If Kanye can bring Jesus to the radio we can bring ron paul to the hip hop stations

well maybe not the radio but youtube and myspace and it will give people another way to recruit

someone who isn't interested in politics might hear the song and get inspired

yeah that video you posted was pretty damn good, definitely not what i had in mind. most people do the corny raps these days.

if we could get immortal technique, or common, someone like that to do an endorsement that would be major.

this king soloman guy is nice though, just wish we had a recognizable name. a good friend of mine has a cousin heavy in the bay area scene. his name is "patriarch," he has a myspace page. he does political hip-hop, has tracks with the outlawz, kurupt, san quinn...

i will try and see what he thinks of paul.

DealzOnWheelz
12-06-2007, 12:39 AM
all it takes is an open mind

and never underestimate how many people one person can convert

maxmerkel
12-06-2007, 12:45 AM
yeah that video you posted was pretty damn good, definitely not what i had in mind. most people do the corny raps these days.

if we could get immortal technique, or common, someone like that to do an endorsement that would be major.

this king soloman guy is nice though, just wish we had a recognizable name. a good friend of mine has a cousin heavy in the bay area scene. his name is "patriarch," he has a myspace page. he does political hip-hop, has tracks with the outlawz, kurupt, san quinn...

i will try and see what he thinks of paul.

great !!