PDA

View Full Version : Auto-play on "Newz" sites

tod evans
08-25-2015, 05:27 AM
For decades I read the paper, actually several because of bias and slant, then along came the interwebs...

More diverse than hold in your hand printed media and able to jump from one viewpoint to another in a fraction of a second..

During this time I fastidiously avoided the Tee-Vee.

Within the last several months "Teh Newz" wants to start rolling their verbal barrage uninvited.......Obviously this cost money and I'm sure I'm not the only one to turn off my speakers before reading anything on commercial sites.......Why would "Newz" outlets try to force audio/video onto people?

None even offer bombastic/hyperbole free print from which the discerning reader can extract what he wishes and disregard the rest..

Are the majority of Americans so familiar with talking heads that they've come to accept them as normal?

tangent4ronpaul
08-25-2015, 08:22 AM
I know what you mean. Every time they do this I get an intense urge to hire a DDoS botnet!

What is more common and annoying is the Newz sites that do this, but with ads.

Chrome has responded by displaying a speaker icon in the offending tab. I heard they are working on a blocker so you have to click the video if you want it to play.

I do have a list of news sources I boycott because of this practice. International Business Times and NPR are both on this list. I aught to set up a .hosts file to do this automagically.

-t