PDA

View Full Version : Glenn Beck will not back Trump if he is the nominee

TaftFan
08-25-2015, 12:19 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MdG2oUzima4

He gave a very simple "no."

Also, he talks about the Federal Reserve-created stock bubble.

anaconda
08-25-2015, 05:37 AM
I really wanted to like Glenn but he is a pathetic stooge. Never again will I give him any credence for anything. It's a sad tale. He sounds good here. But then next week he will want to empower the U.S. military to bomb brown people on behalf of Exxon-Mobile.

cajuncocoa
08-25-2015, 05:42 AM
I thought Beck wasn't going to talk about Trump anymore.

Mr.NoSmile
08-25-2015, 06:05 AM
Oh, who cares who this clown backs?

luctor-et-emergo
08-25-2015, 06:36 AM
Oh, who cares who this clown backs?

Well you can 'back' someone or you can 'Beck' someone, which means you support someone else next week.

RickyJ
08-25-2015, 06:37 AM
So an ex-alcoholic talking head for the establishment won't back Trump if he's the nominee?

You do realize this only helps Trump don't you? Glen Beck is hated by many.

William Tell
08-25-2015, 06:46 AM
I will never back Trump under any conditions.

LatinsforPaul
08-25-2015, 06:52 AM
I agree with Beck, I wouldn't back Trump either. Though like many here, I don't fully trust Beck. He is better than Limbaugh and Hannity on liberty issues. Rand Paul is actually his second choice for President after Cruz. Rand doesn't have to many friends in the media and Beck is one of them.

DevilsAdvocate
08-25-2015, 06:55 AM
Oh god, Glenn Beck talking about libertarian Austrian Economics concepts that he doesn't understand. He sounds like a confused Peter Schiff

erowe1
08-25-2015, 07:24 AM
Yes he will. He's just confident enough that Trump won't be the nominee that he's figuring he can lie and not get caught.

erowe1
08-25-2015, 07:25 AM
You do realize this only helps Trump don't you? Glen Beck is hated by many.

I don't know if it does or not.

But it's quite possible that that's Beck's intent.

acptulsa
08-25-2015, 07:40 AM
Rand Paul is actually his second choice for President after Cruz.

Well that certainly makes his tepid support of Rand Paul sound principled. :rolleyes:

Rand doesn't have to many friends in the media and Beck is one of them.

He's Rand Paul's friend?

Uh oh. We might have to set up a moneybomb so we can buy Rand some kevlar to wear on his back.

erowe1
08-25-2015, 07:43 AM
Rand Paul is actually his second choice for President after Cruz.

Supposedly. But there's a distinct possibility that Cruz will drop out before Rand. And then what's Beck going to do? He'll have to come up with some lame excuse for why Rand lost his support.

specsaregood
08-25-2015, 07:51 AM
He's Rand Paul's friend?
Uh oh. We might have to set up a moneybomb so we can buy Rand some kevlar to wear on his back.

It was my understanding that kevlar doesn't do much to stop knife attacks in the beck. Maybe some chainmail or something.

SilentBull
08-25-2015, 07:52 AM
Beck is a fraud, but I'm glad to at least have 1 radio host that isn't pro Trump.

sparebulb
08-25-2015, 08:09 AM
Supposedly. But there's a distinct possibility that Cruz will drop out before Rand. And then what's Beck going to do? He'll have to come up with some lame excuse for why Rand lost his support.

Correct.

If Raphael exits, begins the inflation of Mr. Dr. Ben "gun-grabber" Carson.

If Trump becomes the nominee, Beck will back the strongest supporter of a certain special interest in the Middle East.

That would be Trump.

NewRightLibertarian
08-25-2015, 08:17 AM
At least Beck hasn't been sucked into the Trump cult. Props to him for that.

TaftFan
08-25-2015, 08:27 AM
Good grief, people just can't quit bashing Glenn Beck. Really pathetic.

erowe1
08-25-2015, 08:28 AM
At least Beck hasn't been sucked into the Trump cult. Props to him for that.

Yeah, but who knows why? In 2012 he made Newt his boogey man. It had nothing to do with any issues that set Newt apart from almost all the other Republicans, including Santorum, whom Beck supported. It was more just a way to help ensure Romney's victory as far as I could tell.

erowe1
08-25-2015, 08:29 AM
Good grief, people just can't quit bashing Glenn Beck. Really pathetic.

When Cruz does drop out, and Beck does come up with a lame excuse for why Rand lost his support, what will you say then?

kahless
08-25-2015, 08:58 AM
The bulk of Beck's audience share the same values as Trump. This does not bode well for Beck's ratings and subscriptions.

For the Beck haters and those on the fence it is basically a campaign advertisement for Trump. Beck is an idiot.

AuH20
08-25-2015, 09:00 AM
The bulk of Beck's audience share the same values as Trump. This does not bode well for Beck's ratings and subscriptions.

For the Beck haters and those on the fence it is basically a campaign advertisement for Trump. Beck is an idiot.

Beck may have lost a third of his audience with the Bundy rantings. Now he's working on another third.

erowe1
08-25-2015, 09:00 AM

Correct on all counts. The only problem in this post is in what you fail to point out, which is that Trump is even worse than Beck.