PDA

View Full Version : Chick-Fil-A fight in Colorado.. against same sex marriage, get lost.

Dianne
08-23-2015, 07:43 PM
The company that closes on Sunday's to give employees a day of rest, and believes in the biblical interpretation of marriage is being stalled from opening a concession at the Denver airport. If you don't believe in gay marriage, get the hell out of our town.

http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2015/08/21/denver-city-council-stalls-chick-fil-consideration-citing-its-gay-marriage/

Denver City Council stalls Chick-fil-A consideration citing its gay marriage stance

Some Denver City Council members have stalled consideration of Chick-fil-A’s bid for a 7-year concession to operate a restaurant at the Denver International Airport, citing the company's stance against same-sex marriage.

According to the Denver Post, Business Development Committee member Paul Lopez believes that having the chicken chain at the airport is a “moral issue on the city.”

Openly gay councilwoman Robin Kniech, while addressing the council Tuesday, said: “We really want to look into the policies and practices of these companies, and just make sure that they conform to ours in the city, the State of Colorado. We have a marriage decision nationally. This is really about policies and it's about practices.”

During the meeting none of the 10 members in attendance defended Chick-fil-A.

Kniech later told the Denver Post she was worried about a franchise in Denver generating “corporate profits used to fund and fuel discrimination.”

In 2012, Chick-fil-A's president Dan Cathy said that the "biblical definition of the family unit" did not include same-sex marriage.

Soon after Cathy’s controversial statement, Boston and Chicago tried to block new Chick-fil-A locations but efforts were not successful. In the past two years, the fast food chain has been trying to update its image as it appeals to a younger market, and Cathy has said he regrets inserting the company into political debates.

In response the Denver City Council, Chick-fil-A released a statement, saying:

“Chick-fil-A, Inc. and its franchised restaurant owners are equal opportunity employers, employing more than 75,000 individuals who represent many diverse viewpoints, opinions, backgrounds and beliefs.”

If the Business Development Committee rejects the lease, an individual member could introduce the deal in the full council, the Post reported.

Christian Liberty
08-23-2015, 07:56 PM
LOL @ support for gay marriage being a "moral issue". As if virtually anything the government of Colorado or gay couples do is "moral"

Dianne
08-23-2015, 08:00 PM
Isn't there some kind of Amendment in the Constitution that protects freedom of speech? Apparently not, in Colorado.

Uriel999
08-23-2015, 08:48 PM
I will be sure to get Chic Fila for lunch tomorrow.

I love their food.

I don't share the same religious beliefs as them, but they stand up for their beliefs and I support that.

Uriel999
08-23-2015, 08:49 PM
Isn't there some kind of Amendment in the Constitution that protects freedom of speech? Apparently not, in Colorado.

What is a "Constitution?"

Is that similar to being constipated?

specsaregood
08-23-2015, 08:59 PM
//

sparebulb
08-23-2015, 09:09 PM
The Denver city council wants total control over what people put in their mouths.

They have a strange sense of standards in that regard.

They don't know where that chicken has been.

asurfaholic
08-24-2015, 04:19 AM
Isn't this a blatant act of discrimination? They are refusing to issue a business license -because of their views on marriage.

And then they call it a moral issue :/

Dianne
08-24-2015, 05:37 AM
Isn't this a blatant act of discrimination? They are refusing to issue a business license -because of their views on marriage.

Pretty soon you will have to be gay in order to get a business license. I hope Chick-Fil-A fights this all the way to the Supreme Court.

tod evans
08-24-2015, 05:58 AM
Pretty soon you will have to be gay in order to get a business license. I hope Chick-Fil-A fights this all the way to the Supreme Court.

The sooner sane people disavow our current "Just-Us" system and refuse to participate the better off we'll all be....

Just say NO to corrupt courts, corrupt legislators and their enforcers...:cool:

sparebulb
08-24-2015, 07:47 AM
The sooner sane people disavow our current "Just-Us" system and refuse to participate the better off we'll all be....

Just say NO to corrupt courts, corrupt legislators and their enforcers...:cool:

Additionally, people should really examine whether they want to patronize the Denver International Airport whatsoever. It is not like they revenues are going to a good cause.

specsaregood
08-24-2015, 08:02 AM
Additionally, people should really examine whether they want to patronize the Denver International Airport whatsoever. It is not like they revenues are going to a good cause.

I would have thought that by the time we got to double digits of posts in this thread somebody would have already mentioned the satanic conspiracies surrounding DIA. guess I'll do it.

sparebulb
08-24-2015, 11:06 AM
I would have thought that by the time we got to double digits of posts in this thread somebody would have already mentioned the satanic conspiracies surrounding DIA. guess I'll do it.

http://usercontent1.hubimg.com/6134672_f520.jpg

http://usercontent1.hubimg.com/6134670_f520.jpg

http://usercontent2.hubimg.com/6134617_f520.jpg

It is just art. Nothing to see here. Move along.

pcosmar
08-24-2015, 11:29 AM

That was my first thought.

http://mtnweekly.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/Denver-Airport-Paintings.jpg

dannno
08-24-2015, 11:50 AM
Kniech later told the Denver Post she was worried about a franchise in Denver generating “corporate profits used to fund and fuel discrimination.”

That's a valid point.. They should be able to operate in the state on other people's private property without restriction, but the airport being public property is a little different (even though I'd try to privatize airports, personally..)

So a private property owner could nix Chick-fil-a for the same reason, or they can choose to lease to them.

I will say the Denver airport is really creepy, I've been there and took a tour of all the NWO crap.

JK/SEA
08-24-2015, 12:10 PM
can gay biz owners refuse service to the Westboro church crowd?

jllundqu
08-24-2015, 12:13 PM

But but that's where the bunker for the illuminati is when the SHTF! The interwebz told me so! Denver Airport will be new Capitol of the NWO!!!! FTW!!!!! LOL

Warrior_of_Freedom
08-24-2015, 12:34 PM
that's some creepy ass imagery

Sola_Fide
08-24-2015, 01:16 PM

Very soon, having a non-homosexual viewpoint will send you into the re-education camps. This is just a first step.

Sola_Fide
08-24-2015, 01:17 PM
That was my first thought.

http://mtnweekly.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/Denver-Airport-Paintings.jpg

That's very accurate.

helmuth_hubener
08-24-2015, 02:08 PM
“Chick-fil-A, Inc. and its franchised restaurant owners are equal opportunity employers, employing more than 75,000 individuals who represent many diverse viewpoints, opinions, backgrounds and beliefs.”

Boo! Hiss!

I mean, good for Dan Cathy and his Chick-Fil-A for being willing to state an opinion, but it would be even more good if they'd take a stronger stand. As in, an actual stand. Why hire homosexuals? Say no, we won't hire homosexuals, so there. Unfortunately, that would probably result in utter defeat in today's climate, and the destruction of the restaurant. But at least the battle would be joined! Somebody, somewhere needs to have the courage to stand up for his beliefs. Boy Scouts? Nope. Chick-Fil-A? Nope. Who's going to do it? Who will stand?

dannno
08-24-2015, 02:40 PM
Boo! Hiss!

I mean, good for Dan Cathy and his Chick-Fil-A for being willing to state an opinion, but it would be even more good if they'd take a stronger stand. As in, an actual stand. Why hire homosexuals? Say no, we won't hire homosexuals, so there. Unfortunately, that would probably result in utter defeat in today's climate, and the destruction of the restaurant. But at least the battle would be joined! Somebody, somewhere needs to have the courage to stand up for his beliefs. Boy Scouts? Nope. Chick-Fil-A? Nope. Who's going to do it? Who will stand?

What's wrong with hiring gay people at a fast food restaurant?

Sola_Fide
08-24-2015, 02:48 PM

The point he's making is that a greater stand for freedom would be to assert their property rights as a business. I agree.

dannno
08-24-2015, 02:54 PM
The point he's making is that a greater stand for freedom would be to assert their property rights as a business. I agree.

There are probably better ways of doing that..

helmuth_hubener
08-24-2015, 02:58 PM

If one morally opposes "gay"ness, then that could be considered supporting something one morally opposes.

I am not saying that is the only moral answer, the only conclusion to come to, but it is one.

Should a hotelier opposed to lewd entertainment offer his guests adult videos? Should a teetotaler hire someone known to be a drinker? Should someone in favor of traditional marriage hire a single mother or a serial divorcee?

Different people will have different answers, but what is very important is that whatever those answers are, the people have the right to implement them. The right to act on their values.

It is very, very, very important in a free society for people to have the right to discriminate. The right to de-associate with undesirable elements. Without that right, there is no free society.

helmuth_hubener
08-24-2015, 03:00 PM
There are probably better ways of doing that..

Yes, probably. Almost certainly. Business-wise, anything would be better than assuring the total destruction of your business. That's kind of the worst possible outcome. The problem is, I don't know what that is. If you have any ideas about some better ways, feel free to share.